Con-Quest.... Botcon 2002

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Scout

Con-Quest.... Botcon 2002

Post by Scout »

Scout's Botcon report... at the group's request... soon as I got home so the Archive has another notch in the belt for pics.
http://www.angelfire.com/jazz/archivebotcon

I remember Denyer saying "cut and paste because it's Angelfire". The other fellas will be adding their pics soon as they get home. Sorry if there are typos...it's as good as it can be for running on very little sleep. Enjoy. I'm off to bed. :D I will catch up as soon as I can.

Oh----one more thing- Botcon 2003- right here in Chicago!!!! I'd like all of ya to come on up/down/over (except for whatever is in the basement)--- it's going to rule! The back of my program says book a room now at Hyatt Regency O'Hareand you get free toys for every night booked (Fri & Sat.)- and so also say the Botcon director people. 131.00 single/dble +++ 141.00 triple/quad
(847) 696 1234

:cool:

Night. :)
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

I still say "Mr.Wankus" is a stalker and he's coming to get you...

Jim says I can take the train from here to there....

Bleh.
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

pretty cool book report dude.

Hopefully, i can go to botcon next year....

Great Job!
Scarrita
Protoform

Post by Scarrita »

Jealous?
Why yes, yes I am thank you very much. :D

Thank you Scout for allowing some of us to live vicariously through you and your pictures.
Faith is deciding to allow yourself to believe
something your intellect would otherwise cause
you to reject -- otherwise there's no need for faith.
ThunderCracker84

Post by ThunderCracker84 »

Wow, sounds like you all had a good time. Wish I coulda been there, but nothing short of death itself, will stop me from attending next year. I just dont know wether im gonna drive 40 minutes each day, or just get a hotel room up there. But, if I do just stay here, and its cool w/ my parents, I just might let someone room here w/ me, free of charge, except for maybe a little gas money, but ive got awhile to figure that out
Denyer

Re: Con-Quest.... Botcon 2002

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Scout
I remember Denyer saying "cut and paste because it's Angelfire".
Oh, that's just something you need to do with direct picture links... because of the way their servers defeat remote calls from any referrer address which isn't AngelFire. Fortunately, having no referrer works equally well.

That's the best BotCon photo set I've ever seen! Nice to have people not in forced poses and/or crammed around tables; really gives a feel for the place and the atmosphere. Nice work! :cool:

That last Hot Rod bust looks pretty sweet, too... Hard Hero finally getting to grips with the posing, it looks like.
Redstreak
Protoform

Post by Redstreak »

Originally posted by Savannahtron
pretty cool book report dude.

Hopefully, i can go to botcon next year....

Great Job!
Dude? Heh, interesting...

There'll be a full listing of what was in the horde, as I'm sure Scout can't remember it all by herself... ;)

Most noteable to this point: 7 Cyclonuses. But more later...

Oh and yes, I live. My bus was 2 hours late, but I live. :D
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Very cool Scout. And Redstreak and Garand are both more handsome than they appear on ADDL's page...not hitting on either of them btw, so ssg doesn't need to freak out.
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Yes, I noticed that as well, Red looked really different than from what I've seen.
Redstreak
Protoform

Re: Re: Con-Quest.... Botcon 2002

Post by Redstreak »

Originally posted by Stuart Denyer

That last Hot Rod bust looks pretty sweet, too... Hard Hero finally getting to grips with the posing, it looks like.
Hot Rod. Interesting fact; that name is no longer available for some legal reasons. He is now known as Rodimus Major. But I think that bust is Rodimus Prime. Not sure, however...

Amazing how different one looks when one shaves one's goatee, eh? Heh.
ThunderCracker84

Re: Re: Re: Con-Quest.... Botcon 2002

Originally posted by Redstreak

Or when one like Flec or I take off the glasses
Denyer

Re: Re: Re: Con-Quest.... Botcon 2002

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Redstreak
Indeed! :D

From the photo, it looks like Hot Rod colours, though.
Plasmodium

Re: Re: Re: Re: Con-Quest.... Botcon 2002

Post by Plasmodium »

Originally posted by Stuart Denyer
Indeed! :D
:mad:

Dammit Denyer! That was going to be my response!

You stole my word!!

:mad: :mad:
Sades

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Con-Quest.... Botcon 2002

Post by Sades »

Originally posted by Plasmodium

:mad:

Dammit Denyer! That was going to be my response!

You stole my word!!

:mad: :mad:
Indeed?

Scout, yer pics rock. :D And I'm thoroughly jealous of you all. And I hate you, too, 'cuz I'm extremely petty. :D :p

I want a LollipOp! :D
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Scout

Post by Scout »

Thanks everyone- glad you all enjoyed the pics! There'll be more I'm sure, some other really great ones are still missing. ;) And Red's right- I'll have to get into Garand's "haul" thread tomorrow and work on adding everyone's great finds.

You're right Auros- Red and Garand are both very handsome and Chris too... and Sadie, you have nothing to be jealous of (except maybe meeting them)! How does one save a lollipop as a collector item anyway? :confused: Guys? I daren't eat mine- what do you think? Gibblet flavoured?

Scout
Redstreak
Protoform

Post by Redstreak »

Well I remember that one guy at the 3H interview section that couldn't figure out what flavor it was to save his life and had to ask them...I think it's berry of some kind, like Pepsi Blue, I'd imagine. Haven't tried it yet, though...but I did exist on caffeine all of yesterday anyway... ;)
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

ey red.. I thought th buffoons said it was mystery meat flavored?

*lmao*

and btw, expect an armada optimus review in the VERY near future... I was the one who did most of the conversions! MWAHAHAHAHA!!!

but at any rate... botcon 2k3 is looking to be the next stop on the archive express... flec and I've basically confirmed we're going.. I THINK.... but the HUGEST problem with the 2k3 con is gonna be the exclusive for those staying onsite...

1 exclusive per room. so if you've got like 3 or 4 people staying together, you'll likely have a bloodbath over who's getting the exclusive. btw. anyone got an idea as to what glyph, tapout, catscan and cyclonus are goin for now?
ThunderCracker84

Yeah the exclusive toy thing can be a problem, though me an Scout are thinking they might give one to each person staying in the room for the convention, or at least we are hoping that way

Jinrai, check your PM box shortly
Redstreak
Protoform

Post by Redstreak »

One toy per room? Eek...

Ah yes, mystery meat flavored lollipops, not like anyone's gonna eat it, right? :D

There is some hope for redemption; one toy per night(Fri. and Sat.). So the double occupancy people are in good shape...dunno how the triple and quadra people(like I expect to be) are gonna be with it, however...if it's a good rendering of Sideswipe I might want it, but otherwise I dunno.

I saw a buncha stuff while still there about people paying like 160 bucks or something for the set. I know I saw Tap-Outs and Glyphs up around 20 individually...will haveta check Ebay later.

And yes, I'm not afraid to admit that about all I did for Armada Prime was transform the little cab(as ye might see in the pic, those who dunno what I'm talking about) and Sparkplug...Jinrai's definitely got a handle on how to get the big stuff together. Ye did a helluva job with that, man...I haven't seen a TF that complex before.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Oh, and scout forgive me for not mentioning you when I was talking about Garand and Redstreak, but you're cute too. Just don't tend to notice/actively compliment women other than mine anymore.