Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Osku
Protoform

Pat Lee interview, a bit mentioned of vol2

Post by Osku »

Pat Lee interview on tformers.com
http://www.tformers.com/article.php?sid=1246

-clip-
"TFormers: It was announced that writer Brad Mick has stepped in for Chris Sarracini on the second G1 series. Can you tell us more about the change in writers?

Lee: Sure! Chris and Brad are two totally different writers. Chris is a great screenplay-type writer and gives the comic books a real cinematic look. As much as we enjoy working with Chris, the direction of TF G1 was try something new and different than the last chapter, where we can get heavily involved into the drama of just Transformers alone. With Brad's knowledge on TF characters, we now have an in depth understanding of the TF characters and world. Another different element to Brad's story telling with TF is that he is combining ideas from the toy elements along with the original cartoon elements to tell the story and to build ideas around them. I can't wait until people see what we have planned for the later issues of the series. :)
Ok, I think I talked a little too much there. :|"
-clip-
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Pat's putting the blame on Chris for the art pacing, then...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Y'know, I always thought "cinematic comics" was an art term... e.g. the artist would have a cinematic style, like Quitely's "Widescreen" stuff for "E is for Extinction".

I wonder why Furman had to use the pseudonym? ;)

Ignore me, I'm mildly amused by the idea of someone saying "of the series colon end-bracket" in an interview. Yeh, I know he'll have done it via a computer. :p
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Originally posted by Stuart Denyer
Pat's putting the blame on Chris for the art pacing, then...

Considering that Sarracini did a good job with the first 5 issues of Armada (with the exception of 3), I don't buy Lee's excuse.