"Transformers: Tatakai" Not To Be Released Outside Japan

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Bombshell

"Transformers: Tatakai" Not To Be Released Outside Japan

Post by Bombshell »

From http://www.tformers.com

Contrary to the recent article in Play Station magazine this month, We have been informed by an official at Takara that the Transformers G1 "Tatakai" game being developed by Winkysoft will NOT be released in the USA. According to Takara " We have decided that G1 would not publish in the US, it will be available only in Japan." Bad news for G1 Fans in the USA. Ah well, guess we'll have to wait for the Armada game by Atari next year. We will post more updates as we get them.

I think I speak for all of us when I say...

:wall:
Lord Zarak

Post by Lord Zarak »

Why arent they catering for non-japanese fans, who, by web-board membership alone, make up a large majority of TF fans?

Surely this is bad news for Takara? By not releasing it into other countries, they are losing out on money?

It doesnt seem a sound economic plan, nor a fair plan either.
Wolfang

Post by Wolfang »

What you guys said.

Man, this bites. Or as a certain Smokey Mountain promoter would say, "That sucks a d~~~".

Why? FCOL... WHY???
"I hold to a simple philosophy: assume everyone's a piece of c*** and then be pleasantly surprised if you find people who ain't."
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Well... if it's very successful in Japan (which it probably will be), maybe they'll decide to option it for North America at a later date?
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

I think they aren't too sure of their product, to such an extent that they aren't willing to release it here in the U.S. If they are THAT unsure about their product that they'll actually say "We Won't release it in the U.S." instead of "we aren't sure if we will yet" then they can have the game. It probably won't be worth much anyway except to the fundamentalist. (We've seen the graphics, who knows how the game play is...)

Still, if this holds true, it could really spark U.S. company interests to build a G1-based TF game here. Something even better.

I dunno, but something tells me we might get a better deal here in the long run...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Aye, I reckon they're just seeing how it copes in Japan feedback & sales-wise before hurling the money into a translation... Hasbro are still hedging bets as to whether G1's still going to be a popular success this time next year, and fr something like this they need it to be...
Hound

Post by Hound »

Being somewhat technologically ignorant I'm gonna ask what is probably a stupid question. If I somehow got ahold of the Japanese version of the game would it be playable on an American console? Also is purchasing the game and having it sent overseas a very difficult task?
1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Originally posted by Hound
Being somewhat technologically ignorant I'm gonna ask what is probably a stupid question. If I somehow got ahold of the Japanese version of the game would it be playable on an American console? Also is purchasing the game and having it sent overseas a very difficult task?

Yes, it is possible to play a Japanesse game on a US console
but I wouldn't highy recommend it becuse if you get your PS2 modified but this means some work with you having
to use a smoldering iron to put in a mod chip to bypass the region lock and if you do mod your PS2 it will invaild any warenty with Sony if you screw up the system.
But remember that but mod chips are borderline legally meaning you can get into trouble if you buy them from the wrong place.

It shouldn't be that difficult to fine an online store that sells imported Japanesse games just go to google.com and type in
Japanesse imported games stores or something like that and see
what you fine.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

I wonder if the Gameshark can let you use import games. That would be an easy way to do it.
The bunnies, they give me knowledge it is neat.

The only necessity for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Originally posted by Ravage
I wonder if the Gameshark can let you use import games. That would be an easy way to do it.

I doubt it but it might be worse checking out.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
jedikermit
Protoform

Post by jedikermit »

Action Relplay will let you play imported games

http://www.codejunkies.com

^official site of this particular video game enhancer, (works just like a Gameshark)

Frogs don't die, they CROAK!
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Cool, I figured it was one of them. A person I know has the gameshark for the Dreamcast to play imported games on that. Thats why I thought the gameshark might work.
The bunnies, they give me knowledge it is neat.

The only necessity for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Jetfire426
Protoform

Post by Jetfire426 »

well it looks to me that i'll be seeing if they have a mod chip for the PS2 so that we can jam on this game.. i find it kinda of upsetting that they don't release certain games in the USA... to me thats lame.. but oh well.. i guess i'll have to work around it..:wall:
One shall stand, One shall fall...