Classics 2.0 / Titanium news from ToyFare

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Denyer

Classics 2.0 / Titanium news from ToyFare

Post by Denyer »

http://www.allspark.com/news/interestin ... 71213.html

The article states that Classics 2.0 Waves will consist of five Transformers and that we will be getting a triple-changer, and a tank, as part of the first few assortments.

War Within Prowl / Grimlock ain't happening.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

So they mentioned a Triple-Changer and a tank separately? Hopefully they were talking about the same mold and its for Blitzwing. *Fingers Crossed*
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Well, it's pretty certain that the Triple-Changer is Octane, but the tank's a mystery. Personally, I think it's a new Warpath.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Octane was confirmed as far back as BotCon, so I think he's a gimme for the triplechanger slot. Hopefully we'll get a Blitzwing later on, but I think they might be keeping him out of the Classics stuff for now because he's supposed to feature prominently in Animated.

As far as the tank goes, Warpath's got a fair chance but I'd put my money on Bludgeon. Aside from those two, the only choices are guys like Brawl, Guzzle, Quake or half of Flywheels, and none of those really strike me as Classics material. :/
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Yup. Hasbro's said that animated characters won't be in the classics line, which is why there won't be anymore dinobots in the classics series.
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

A Classics Warpath might be interesting. If he is the Tank bot, I hope they don't break the caterpillar treads as part of his transformation.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Warcry
Octane was confirmed as far back as BotCon, so I think he's a gimme for the triplechanger slot. Hopefully we'll get a Blitzwing later on, but I think they might be keeping him out of the Classics stuff for now because he's supposed to feature prominently in Animated.

I couldn've sworn I read somewhere that it was confirmed no character will be in both (by both, I mean Classics 2, what with Classics 1 already containing most of the animated cast). Was that just nonsense in the end, then?

EDIT: Whoops, same point already made...
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

Originally posted by RID Scourge
Yup. Hasbro's said that animated characters won't be in the classics line, which is why there won't be anymore dinobots in the classics series.

Man that sucks. I was hoping, as I'm sure many were, that we'd get a full Dino set, though I thought it unlikely.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Aye. I was particularly hoping for Snarl.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=159847

Apparently a Classics Prowl is also mentioned in the article.
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

I hope that a show-accurate Arcee is included in the Classics line. If there was a Deluxe-Class Arcee in Classics 2.0, I'd be so happy!
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
I couldn've sworn I read somewhere that it was confirmed no character will be in both (by both, I mean Classics 2, what with Classics 1 already containing most of the animated cast). Was that just nonsense in the end, then?
No, you're right. I think it's more of a guideline than a hard-and-fast rule, though (Like Denyer said, a Classics Prowl of some sort is in the works, even though he's a prominent figure in Animated). To me it came off more like "we don't want two versions of the same guy on the shelf at the same time" than "characters in Animated will never show up in Classics".

I figure that Prowl's popularity, the massive difference between his G1 and Animated likenesses, and the range of repaint possibilities he'd open up make it easy to make him an exception to the rule. Blitzwing not so much, so if Classics 2 is a short filler line like Classics 1, he probably won't show up until a hypothetical Classics 3 or somesuch. I'd be very surprised if we didn't get one eventually, though...Hasbro has suggested they want to remake all of the Triplechangers at some point.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Oh, but how could they improve Octane or Broadside?
Railguard

Post by Railguard »

Hasbro....put these damn Classics out now!!! I have money waiting for them!!! I am waiting. I will not buy anything else but these Classics so get a move on!!!!! What are you waiting for?:rant:
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Originally posted by RID Scourge

Not quite right.. they basically said that they wouldn't release a character in both lines if they're similar in both lines. Prowl, being very different, would be okay, but Blitzwing and Ratchet (for instance) couldn't be co-released.
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

I hope we'll see pics soon.

I also hope we haven't seen the last of the G1 Shockwave that was planned for the Titanium line.
Railguard

Post by Railguard »

Yes it would be a shame to not see Shockwave or the other G1 Transformers re-done in the Universe series, not just re-paints but old characters re-done so they are more poseable and fun to play with. Yet Hasbro is kinda funny like that, sometimes they seem to put out the best "new" transformers" toys out there, then they start the re-paint campaign, just re-painting everything in site. I hope they come out with Shockwave, as well as Six Shot "I think his name was", as well as the other Dinobots, the Stunticons, and all the others. But only time will tell.
Gouki

Post by Gouki »

Originally posted by Warcry
As far as the tank goes, Warpath's got a fair chance but I'd put my money on Bludgeon. Aside from those two, the only choices are guys like Brawl, Guzzle, Quake or half of Flywheels, and none of those really strike me as Classics material. :/

Yeah, I'd say Bludgeon is more likely as well. If it is, I hope he combines his IDW look with his original look.
"Give into the Demon inside... Shun Goku Sattsu!"
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I dunno, what with the movie line, I could see Brawl sneaking the gig.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
I dunno, what with the movie line, I could see Brawl sneaking the gig.
His odds would be better if he'd actually been called Brawl in the Movie itself. ;)

But then, a Classics Brawl who isn't designed as part of a combiner (and thus doesn't suck) would cause an army of G1 fanboys to start slitting their wrists, so lets hope you're right. :)