Henkei (Japanese Classics): different paint applications - highly different Megatron!

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

HenkeJapanese Classics with different paint applications - highly different Megatron!

Post by Nevermore »

Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Much better. Much Much Better. And the KISS-Eyebrows are still there...
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Ooh! I prefer Prime and Grimmers from Hasbro.

BB's different, but not in a way where either's better.

Megatron looks fantasic. The Hasbro release is cool (I understand the route they went with the colors was due to regulations), but the colors on this one look really great. I need to find which box has my Classics Megs, downstairs.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Bumblebee is bland as hell compared to the Hasbro version. He's different enough that he'd make an acceptable Hubcap with a bit of work to the head, though.

Grimlock's plastic colours are terribly mismatched. The two robot mode shots we see have wildly different colour schemes, one of which is hideous due to all the red in the lower torso.

Prime's actually a tad nicer than the Hasbro version (judging purely from stock photos, since that Prime's one of the Classics I never bothered to grab up), but not especially so.

Megatron...predictable, but not bad. I've seen better fan recolours of the mold, though, and I really would have hoped for better.