Shockwave dilemma...

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Cliffjumper

Shockwave dilemma...

Post by Cliffjumper »

Recently I've been a-prunin' my TF collection, getting rid of the ones I'm not keen on, or don't display... Now, one of the latter is Shockwave, and I'm really torn about whether to get rid of him or not. On the one hand, I never, ever play with the bugger, and I might only be hanging on to him in case I regret selling him... most of the figs I've sold thus far I could repurchase fairly easily, should the desire ever take meamd, there's stuff I could get with the money I'd enjoy a lot more. On the other hand, he's a decent figure, if too big for my tastes, and I might not get a chance to own one again... I'm not sure if I'm after opinions or just thinking a-type...
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

I had a similar dilemma with mine. I ended up packing him away to see if I'd notice/care. I didn't, so I flogged the bugger.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by The HeartBrend Kid
I had a similar dilemma with mine. I ended up packing him away to see if I'd notice/care. I didn't, so I flogged the bugger.

Yeh, that's kinda why I'm thinking of doing the same... he's not been on the shelving in the living room where most of my TFs are for a while... my TFs only really get much of a workout now when I'm on CM2, and I haven't been "hmm, I must bring Shockwave down". he's not exactly a great one to transform. The main thing making me hang on to him is that I'd feel a bit reluctant if he sold for, say, £15 or something disappointing like that... then I'd think "well, at that price I may as well hang on to him", and I'm not going to know until I list the sod. I could just start the listing at whatever I'd consider a good price, but to be honest that might be a waste of listing fees for a Shockers minus the gun barrel, with one glued arm and a chip to the waist...

Hurgh.
Clay

Post by Clay »

What Brend said... it's amazing what a difference putting something in a box long enough to forget about it will do to clear the rose-tint from your glasses.
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

I'd Buy That For A Dollar!

Unless you'll get a good bit for him keep him. Safter that way.

I would agree though about locking it away somewhere for a while then decide. It works for me, or maybe thats just cause I don't have the room to display anymore.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I'm dissapointed. I thought this thread was going to postulate a amazing new theory proving Shockwave killed JFJ/was the Roswell alien/made channel 4 bugger up the screening of the first episode of Lost ect.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

You know, with Brend not owning a Shockwave toy you have to wonder who he blames when un-expected things happen at his home.
SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

I dunno I dont have a shockwave either yet I manage to blame everything on him anyway.
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
*sig (once again) generously made by Denyer*
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

I think this fits a little better in here, eh?
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by Sociopathic Autobot
You know, with Brend not owning a Shockwave toy you have to wonder who he blames when un-expected things happen at his home.

I still have the Action Master version.

And I'm sure that Gina Torres would happily take credit for everything. I mean it worked in Angel.