Movie-based jewelry, watches and bags at BBTS [from Takara]

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
RID Scourge

Movie-based jewelry, watches and bags at BBTS [from Takara]

Post by RID Scourge »

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/menu ... egory=3975

Just thought I'd share this. They look beautiful. More expensive than I'd pay, but I thought you guys might like to see them.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

I'd love to have the Destron sunglasses, but no way in hell I'd ever pay that much...for any sunglasses.

The necklaces and rings look gaudy to me.
The Wild One

Post by The Wild One »

The prices are just ridiculously high.
It's time to get wild!!!!!
The Wild One
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Ackula
I'd love to have the Destron sunglasses, but no way in hell I'd ever pay that much...for any sunglasses.

Buy a pair of sunglasses. Order some Decepticon logos from Reprolabels. Stick them to the sides of the sunglasses. Become an Otaku. Hey presto, one pair of Destron Sunglasses.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Overpriced bling. And the assumption is that anyone interested will be of the male gender... This might say something about fans or it might say something about male taste.

Surely there is no one among us who is actually going to purchase any of these items?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Buy a pair of sunglasses. Order some Decepticon logos from Reprolabels. Stick them to the sides of the sunglasses. Become an Otaku. Hey presto, one pair of Destron Sunglasses.

Not a bad idea, if I actually cared that much I'd do that. Thing is I lost my pair of sunglasses I had for years in the movie theater a few months ago and now I'm wanting new ones, but not wanting new ones THAT bad.

However if someone walked up to me and said "Hey there, I have two pairs of sunglasses for you..pick one." And one of those were a Destron pair of sunglasses...I'd pick them. Thats about the extent of how much I want a pair of Destron sunglasses. ;)
SenahBirdR
Protoform

Post by SenahBirdR »

The prices they have are just insane for what are probably cheap and poorly made as well. A reversible bookbag with a licensed theme would probably go no more than $45 at an anime convention, and even cheaper online. Seriously, most of this stuff are things that would go for about $20-$50 depending on the theme's popularity. Notice there is no description of the metals nor are there comments claiming these come with certificates of authenticity. It just feels like somewhere there is someone trying to pull a rip off scheme here. Everything else that Beagle makes offered on BBTS.com are PVC figures and statues. I get the feeling that these pieces were made in the shop with scrap material on someone's day off.

I don't know, the whole line just seems suspicious to me compared to similar stuff I have seen elsewhere.