That figure that you know you love and shouldn't!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Zizicez
Protoform

That figure that you know you love and shouldn't!

Post by Zizicez »

The idea is simple, I know that each and everyone of you out there loves at least one transformer that is utterly a piece of trash.

You can keep it to yourself or you can confess... but remember, I will always know ;)

so... I will start this show

G2 Swindle... I played with him as a kid to extents I should be ashamed of... but he was the leader of my decepticons. The autorollers Roadblock and Dirtbag

I will always LOVE g2 swindle when I should hate him for his multitude of sins against the gods or form and function...

Also, im particularly fond of Mirage (minicon from the Road assult team)

In Red, Black, and Silver he looks very very nice even if he couldnt do anything but horrible jumping jacks if he were to spring to life.

What TF to you hide in the shadows of your fancy?:)
PhantomWraith
Protoform

Post by PhantomWraith »

Universe Fireflight and Cybertron Buzzsaw. Both of them are repaints.

Fireflights horribly hard to pose but he has some great color to him and I dunnu, I think a Autobot with odd hands is kinda neat, he's got that massive claw and a big old rocket shotgun.

As for Buzzsaw, despite his garish color, annoying buzzing sound when you spin the rotor, and the fact the removed his essential minicon partner and powerlinx points, I still think he's kinda cool. I just don't understand why everyone transforms his hips so wrong O-o
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Energon Rodimus. Even though his robot form sucks worse than Nintendo's little pink ball, he was the first modern TF I owned since Beast Machines.
Aardvark

Octopunch with a Spreem twist. Try the new flavour now!

Post by Aardvark »

Omega Spreem -- mainly for the name, but also because he's the only Transformer that I own that isn't rotting away in a locked suitcase under my bed. Well, that's a lie; Octopunch (Sans the shell) lives on my shelf too, but surely I don't need to explain why he's awesome -- who doesn't love Octopunch?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Erm... the entire Gobots range?
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

The entire Gobots range doesn't love Octopunch?

Those bastards.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Hmmm . . . there's like afinity million of those, in my collection. I picked up Cybertron Crumplezone because it was the only TF I'd seen in months, and I hated his figure at first, but for some reason, he's grown on me . . . spychangers . . . minicons . . . those little, **** brickformers that I manage to pick up for $5, here or there . . . and the list goes on.

What I really like are those figures, whom you think you won't like, but you pick up, anyway, and when you actually open them, you fall in love, instantly. There's usually at least one in each line, since armada. Thrust and Dumptruck Demolisher are examples, off the top of my head. I'm sure there was at least one in Cybertron, but I'll have to get back to you, on that.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Cybertron Brushguard. I hated the original version of this mold (Overhaul) mostly because of the color and the fact that it looked like it had terrible arm articulation, so I never bought it. Then when I saw this repaint, something about the colors really stood out for me so I picked it up out of curiosity. I ended up really liking the figure and despite the not so fab arm articulation he still can be put in some really cool poses. He is kinda like a little Jeep TF Wolverine :D
chiasaur11
Protoform

Post by chiasaur11 »

He's also a botanist.
An evil botanist.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Most of my favourites have been generally referred to as crap over the years.

Spychangers. I love them. I buy them miniature tea sets and set them up in dollhouses where everything is in scale to their robot modes.

Uhhh... I still really like OpOp. Tow Line is amusing if only because he's got a colour scheme that vaguely reminds me of stuff I'd seen worn in the late eighties/early nineties. Also, Sixshot is little more than a brick in any mode, but... well, it's Sixshot.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head right now.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Energon Prime ... can't help but love that modern day brick.

I blame O'Con personally.
PresidentSEARS

Post by PresidentSEARS »

All of my favourite TF's are my favourite because they're amazing.

G1 Landcross looks like a pile of **** (along with most of the Autobot combiners bar computron and defensor) but I love combiners (call me passé if need be)
Clay

Post by Clay »

Armada Sideways.

Love the idea even if the execution is a bit crap. He's survived numerous purgings.
optimum
Protoform

Post by optimum »

Strafe... from the G1 Technobots... He was such a simple cheesy TF but I really liked his alt mode. He was my fav that I would'nt admit.
Zizicez
Protoform

Post by Zizicez »

Originally posted by Clay
Armada Sideways.

Love the idea even if the execution is a bit crap. He's survived numerous purgings.

Wow thats one I never expected...

I think I know what you mean, because I happen to not hate the figure, thought I'm not friends with it...

Care to elaborate?

Edit: My mistake I thought you were talking about Armada SideSWIPE!!!

there is not need to explain because Sideways is pretty cool!:cool:
PresidentSEARS

Post by PresidentSEARS »

Originally posted by Clay
Armada Sideways.

I have nothing against sideways specifically - I just dislike TF bikes.
Civ

Post by Civ »

Beast Machines Optimus Prima, a.k.a. Buddha Primal, a.k.a. Poo-flinging Primal. Great, childish fun especially when teamed up with Cybertron Shortround's toilet mode.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

The whole mess of the G1 Decepticon seekers. Admit it, they're a bit silly (at least in bot mode), and hardly what some may define as a "transforming" toy, toy technology of that time notwithstanding (okay, there is some flipping involved). However, despite the small list of problems that the jets have, I can't help but love those ugly little 'cons. Must be the colorful jet modes.

I also have an affinity for all the G1 mini-vehicles. They're just so darn cute, they are.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Re-Issue Galvatron rocks over the crap errr issue version in two important ways:

1: He's more purple.
2: Press a button and he'll shout crazy **** at you in Japanese.

And so a rubish toy is made great.

And as more proff you can paint a turd purple and I'll love it: G1 Cyclonus. He doesn't even have proper hands but I would kill if he ordered it.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
slartibartfast

Re: That figure that you know you love and shouldn't!

Post by slartibartfast »

Can I count classics bumblebee on the account that I find him to be an intensely annoying shallow little twerp ?