[CUSTOM] TFP RiD Ratchet

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Paul053

[KITBASH] TFP RiD Ratchet

Post by Paul053 »

We all know how blank and lack of paints he was. So I added much, much more details to make him more screen accurate. But due to his very tight spots on the arms and legs, these paints are quite easily scratchable if I don't care enough during transformation. Here are the pictures. Enjoy and comments are welcome. Oh, by the way I just noticed I forgot to put on his insignia.

der2

Post by der2 »

Lovely work, I really like how the stripe on the side worked out for you. Plus all the details you brought up are very striking. I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on this toy when it becomes available over here.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

That's a really nice job! Might be something that's been asked before , but what paints do you use?
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

Thanks.
Skyquake87 wrote:Might be something that's been asked before , but what paints do you use?
I use Tamiya acrylic paint. For the final coat, I use Krylon satin finish. This is the first time I use this spray. Think it worked well (and cheaper). Before, I use Testor's Model Master Lacquer overcoat. It works very well but more expensive.
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

Definitely nice job. Not too keen on the painted over windows, but everything else is near perfection. Well done.