Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Commander Shockwav
Protoform

Pat Lee Interview!

Post by Commander Shockwav »

deej
Protoform

Post by deej »

How does this setback affect your rumored involvement with the Transformers movie, if at all?

I'm sure that the producers of the movie will find great designers and illustrators for the project. So far, I am unsure of my potential involvement with the movie, althoughit would be exciting if I were involved. I would hope I do get involved to some capacity. [Producer] Tom DeSanto has a great vision of the movie and I'm positive that whoever he decides to help him with that vision will be a good decision.
That's reassuring to know. It's one positive step towards the TF movie being half-decent....
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

Dreamwave continually examined options in cutting costs

not paying people then
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

downturn in trends that adversely affected sales on their number one licensed property, Transformers.
Saturation pursued over quality?

More on the Dreamwave bankruptcy proceedings:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/colum ... ticle=2096
WAVE GOODBYE

[Yellow Light]Letters have gone out to DreamWave employees setting out the exact nature of the companies debts. And they're massive.

Principle secured creditors are Teddy and Anne Lee on $141,000/ I understand these are Pat and Roger Lee's parents. However, it appears they were assigned that amount of security for $35,000 in January. All legal and above board. But the likelihood of owed money trickling down to unsecured creators much further down the list as a result is considered very slim indeed.

Also, these letters are dated February the 9th. What this means for previous declarations or receovership/bankruptcy is unknown.

Another interesting note under Dreamwave assets are vehicles - $89,000. Porsches don't come cheap folks.

Still, there are plenty of opportunities at Dream Engine for young keen bright eyed chaps and chapesses out there.

Or maybe just give Devil's Due a call. The Hasbro Transformers license decision is due this week. It really could go in a variety of directions. Devil's Due are favourites but they played hardball at the end. If another publisher give Hasbro what they want, they may go with it.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

I have sinned dear Father, Father I have sinned, try and help me Father, won't you let me in? - LIAR!
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

What personal message would you like want to deliver to the numerous fans of Dreamwave titles and your work?
Numerous?!?!?!

:rolleyes:
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Hats off to that incredible piece of investigative journalism.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

I don't know who else other than Pat Lee of course to blame for this interveiw:

The person who interveiwed Lee for not asking the real tough questions.

The editor who might've cut anything that wasn't in the Dreamwave's last "press release".

Wizard for paying someone to interveiw Lee and never having the balls to ask Lee any questions about DW that wasn't already known by the fans in the first ****ing place.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

If it were me, I'd have verbally castrated the conceited little puke.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

I feel the sudden urge to go all Spider Jerusalem on Pat Lee.

"HEY PAT! How many employees didn't you pay again? Was it only seventeen or more? Pat!!! Is it true that you didn't tell your employees that your company was in dire straits even while you were already busy moving your assets over to Dream Engine? Pat, did you buy a new Porsche lately? Pat, your fans have a right to know these things!" :D
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Pfff, you read Wizard, you deserve PR-soaked crap. See, you never know when Lee's going to be drawing some over-hyped project and they'll want him to do the cover. The only issue of Wizard I read was around the New X-Men launch, and it was frankly sickening. The journalist interviewing Grant Morrison and Joe Casey thankfully stopped short of writing about the blowjobs he gave the pair.

Wizard is what's wrong with the comic industry. If you read it, you're part of the problem.
Arcee
Protoform

Post by Arcee »

Many of the artists, employees, business associates, friends and family have been extremely supportive through the difficult times.
You mean, like all the artists who worked without pay? No, wait, they wanted to get paid...

Well, I very much hope he won't be involved with the movie at all. CGIed blowupformers aren't high on the list of things I want to see. :p
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Pfff, you read Wizard, you deserve PR-soaked crap. See, you never know when Lee's going to be drawing some over-hyped project and they'll want him to do the cover. The only issue of Wizard I read was around the New X-Men launch, and it was frankly sickening. The journalist interviewing Grant Morrison and Joe Casey thankfully stopped short of writing about the blowjobs he gave the pair.

Wizard is what's wrong with the comic industry. If you read it, you're part of the problem.

Right on Cliffy!
That's the reason I stopped reading Wizard a long time.
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

i read wizard, but only as toilet reading material, i nick it from my bros room to read whenever i need a steaming crap
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Meh. I read Wizard and I don't particularly care if people don't like it. Gives me something to read in waiting rooms.