Stunticon Inconsistencies

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Azonarirad the Arizonan
Protoform

Stunticon Inconsistencies

Post by Azonarirad the Arizonan »

I may sound stupid for nitpicking at this, but there are inconsistencies regarding the Stunticons. Yes, I have been viewing downloaded Generation 1 Transformers episodes.

In The Key to Vector Sigma Part 2, the Stunticons were the greatest threats to the Autobots. Without Omega Supreme or the Aerialbots, the Autobots were screwed.

However, in Masquerade, the Autobots managed to beat the Stunticons with little trouble. Motormaster, Wildrider, Dragstrip, Dead End, and Breakdown, defeated by Optimus Prime, Inferno, Hoist, Grapple, Warpath, and Tracks.

They were supposed to be one of the greatest threats to the Autobots, but later, they became a bunch of jokers. Show some friggin consistency you writers (of the show)!
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

Aw come on, don't mind these things. This is US G1 cartoon, Perceptor and Broadside can defeat Devastator, that means anything can happen. :)

Wlecome to the board, if you hang here for some time you'll stop bothering stupidity of authors :)
Claypool
Protoform

Post by Claypool »

buy the episodes, dont download them!! and devastator rules!
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

the Stunticons when TOGETHER are a threat but in Masquerade they are split up and attacked by Autobots when out numbered. And if you think Motormaster can take Prime your not the swiftest TF fan.

Later in the Episode when the Stunticons break free they mop the floor with the Autobots at the ark.
Azonarirad the Arizonan
Protoform

Blaster_86, don't tell me that there is absolutely no way Motormaster can beat Prime.
Azonarirad the Arizonan
Protoform

Claypool, are the episodes sold in stores like Best Buy or do I have to buy them online (which I am not accustomed to doing)?
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

Originally posted by Azonarirad the Arizonan
Claypool, are the episodes sold in stores like Best Buy or do I have to buy them online (which I am not accustomed to doing)?

The first 16 episodes are in the Season 1 box set and the first 24 episodes of season 2 are in the Season 2 Part 1 box set. They're available at Best Buy, Circuit City, etc. type stores for around $40 apiece for the DVD sets. Well worth it if you like the cartoon.
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Blaster_86, don't tell me that there is absolutely no way Motormaster can beat Prime.

Okay just too spite you I will.

There is absolutely no way Motormaster can beat Prime.
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

Motormaster against Prime? Not a chance in hell. Motormaster's way down the Decepticon pecking order, and even the guys at the very top (read: Megatron) had the toughest of tough times beating Prime.
Hound

Post by Hound »

Did Motormaster beat up on Prime in Key to Vector Sigma part 2?

I don't know if you guys have watched the same cartoon as me but in the cartoon I remember the ability of one character to beat another all depended on if the plot called for that character to beat the other. Given that it seems ridiculous to say that there is no way anybody could beat anyone else. Didn't Bruticus get taken out with a couple shots to the back? Wasn't it Sunstreaker and Mirage that took out Devestator in "The Core"? Didn't Rumble and Frenzy defeat Devestator in the movie? I don't see how the writer's were all that concerned with who could beat who or the consistency of that when they were writing a story for the series.
1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

Yeah, like Hound said, and like I said it before

Originally posted by Ozz
This is US G1 cartoon, Perceptor and Broadside can defeat Devastator, that means anything can happen.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Do you guys realise that if Sunbow had a quality control department, thge whole Transformers cartoon series would be 68 minutes long, played back-to-back?
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Originally posted by Quicksilver
Do you guys realise that if Sunbow had a quality control department, thge whole Transformers cartoon series would be 68 minutes long, played back-to-back?

And how is this guy supposed to know that? He IS a noob, after all. ;)
Azonarirad the Arizonan
Protoform

Prime isn't invincible. Remember in A Prime Problem when Laserbeak blasts Prime, who falls into a crevice. Being the strongest Autobot (aside from the gestalts, Omega Supreme, Metroplex, Fortress Maximus, and maybe some of the Dinobots) means nothing when a small Decepticon can blast him and dodge repeatedly. As for Shockwave, he can turn into that big gun and blast Prime's head. If he is unsuccessful, he can try something else. He is still resourceful and one of the smartest Decepticons.
Streetwise
Protoform

Post by Streetwise »

If he is unsuccessful, he can try something else. He is still resourceful and one of the smartest Decepticons.

Yea, and like, thats why he doesn't come back after the movie exepc 4 an animation error (let's keep it at that). He wised up...
The matrix is no mere weapon! No simple energy source! It is POWER! Ultimate, unfathomable power! --- Scourge (The burden hardest to bear)
never again
Protoform

Post by never again »

taking g1 cartoon continuity that serious makes about as much sense as taking simpsons continuity seriously.
I NEED A NEW SIGNATURE!
Rob9
Protoform

Post by Rob9 »

the ability of one bot to defeat another realies on the strengths and weaknesses- someone mentioned frenzy and rumble defeating devastator well the combiners in general could not handle vibrations and could be shock loose which is what you see happen to devastator for example. In the case of Motormaster he had a very large ego and also relied a lot on bullying techniques to try to phase out his opponents before they attacked- which is why he could never fully defeat prime.

Given the right situation any one can beat anyone (hey in season 4 Daniel (at the estimated age of 11 maybe between 4 and 5 foot tall and generally a weed) managed to injure Cyclonus (a lot bigger and a lot stronger)) anything can happen!
MaximusPrime
Protoform

Post by MaximusPrime »

Wasn't there an episode where Motormaster and Prime played chicken and collided. Then out of the dust, Prime rolled away unscathed and Motormaster rolled out looking like he ran a drag race into a brick wall?
"Gotta admire a guy who brings a nuke to a gunfight."

"I'm not a real actor, but I play one on T.V."

"I'm like a superhero with no powers or motivation."

Maximus Prime! He does his own stunts!
Darth Shrapnel
Protoform

Post by Darth Shrapnel »

Originally posted by MaximusPrime
Wasn't there an episode where Motormaster and Prime played chicken and collided. Then out of the dust, Prime rolled away unscathed and Motormaster rolled out looking like he ran a drag race into a brick wall?

That`s what was said in the first post...
"Im drowning in footwear!"
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

Jesus H. Christ.

Blaster_86. How old is this?!
SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS