I think it's time to get on the Kerry Express

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.

Well?

Kerry
33%
Dean
13%
Clark
7%
Edwards
13%
Sharpton
27%
Lieberman
No votes
Kucinich
7%

Total votes: 15

Strafe

I think it's time to get on the Kerry Express

Post by Strafe »

Kucinich - Riiiight

Sharpton - No comment

Clark - He may be good at waging war, but he has no idea what to do in this race.

Dean - Perhaps he can mount a comeback, but too many people view him as emotionally unstable, and even if he wins New Hampshire, the damage is done. He's out.

Lieberman - Hi! I'm a republican!

Edwards - He has a legitimate shot.

Kerry - He's ex-military, which gets him at least part of the military vote and adds credibility to his security stance. He's also calm and collected, which gives people the idea that he's presidential material. Finally his stance on the issues is roughly parallel to Dean, and Clark, and more importantly, against Bush.

What say you?
Strafe. You're a dick. Ishin_ookami - Dec 1st 2003
Transfannabeel
Protoform

Post by Transfannabeel »

I think Kerry will win, but I'm still supporting Dean. I don't think anyone except Kerry now has a chance of beating Bush though.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Since politics are a joke, I'm gonna endorse the biggest joke in politics: the Reverend Al Sharpton. Also, I wanna sabotage the democratic party. Now, if only I could sabotage the republicans as well . . . Third party's the way to go.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Not if you want a candidate you select to get to power...
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

That's just because the system's broken. One day, one of the parties will collapse, and there'll be no other party to reaplce it. On that day, the freedom of US citizens will be lost forever.
Smokescreen_5

Post by Smokescreen_5 »

Ohhh kay.. lemme point out a few things, Democrats are a bunch of whining slandering self meaningless whorish neanderthalls. They sit in office hiding funds while trying to make it look like the economy is doing good while gettinga blowjob under the desk and whine about war and are too much of a pussy to get anything done. Republicans on the other hand, they see something, they ask to investigate, and if they aren't getting results from simple requests, they attack. Yikes... I can't believe everyone is complaining about Bush. When he first entered office, he cut everyone a check.. which was OUR money to start off with. It wasn't free money, or money making the deficit higher. It was money back that we paid in taxes already. Then with the whole Saddam thing, he asked to investigate, he asked for the chemicals, he asked for Saddam to step down, and this was all over a good 3 or 4 months. We just had New York practically blown up, and he wanted to protect America by defending and then attacking. There were the possible thoughts of connections between Al Quaida and the Saddam Regime, but we werent' getting answers. I think he did the right thing, unless all of the Democrats want to sit back in their easy chairs not worrying about the possibilities of chemical warfare and one day find that they have a terrible disease and everyone is dying around them and wonder whats going wrong.. Well wake up ya idiots. Do you want to feel protected by making sure nothing bad can happen to anyone in the US or do you want to be like others who are basically a bunch of passifying lobbyists. No War ya say? Well isn't it the same bunch of hippies that say everyone should be free and happy? Or does that only portray to Americans? Bush wanted people in Iraq to be freed from terrorism as well. Yeah we could back out right now, but then it'd be the same thing all over again, with a backstreet black market gang taking over everyone again. Bush is simply trying to set up a somewhat similar manageable government like the US or any other government.

Anyways.. before I start voting on this poll, I need someone in office with BALLS!!!
RID Scourge

[Intro=Horror Movie] Just when you thought it was safe to discuss poiltics[/Intro]

Post by RID Scourge »

Looks like you guys have got another Sheba on your hands. Have fun. I'm unaffiliated, so I can't really say much on the political level, but I can see this guy doesn't really have a future here with his insults.
Smokescreen_5

Post by Smokescreen_5 »

Why is everything an insult? I'm just stating how things are.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

I can't believe everyone is complaining about Bush.
Kyoto.
ICC Treaty.
McCarthyism—er, the Patriot Act.

And two which are particularly interesting...

"1979 UN Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women. The only countries that have signed but not ratified are the US, Afghanistan, Sao Tome and Principe."

"The US has signed but not ratified the 1989 UN Convention on the Rights of the Child, which protects the economic and social rights of children. The only other country not to ratify is Somalia, which has no functioning government."
Halfshell

Re: I think it's time to get on the Kerry Express

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by Strafe
more importantly, against Bush.

What say you?

I say there are far more important things to factor in than "policies are opposed to the current government."

Not that I know the first thing about any of the people involved... I can't influence which one of them gets in, I'm just here to bitch about them afterwards. ;)
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Originally posted by Smokescreen_5

. . . Democrats are a bunch of whining slandering self meaningless whorish neanderthalls. They sit in office hiding funds while trying to make it look like the economy is doing good while gettinga blowjob under the desk and whine about war and are too much of a pussy to get anything done . . . Well wake up ya idiots . . . Well isn't it the same bunch of hippies that say everyone should be free and happy?

Do you even read what you post?
Computron

Post by Computron »

Then with the whole Saddam thing, he asked to investigate, he asked for the chemicals, he asked for Saddam to step down, and this was all over a good 3 or 4 months.
And by what right did he have to get Sadam to step down?? I'm just asking as Bush isn't actually an Iraqi citizen so has no voice in the politics of the country and itas goverment. Therefore by your reaosning Britain could request that the monkey currently in teh White house leaves or we will invade you in the name of "protecting ourselves". Also its a little hard to hand over WoMD when you don't have any, if Sadam had any he would of used them in the invasion of his country and the whole fact that Bush said if he used them he would be tried for war crimes is not a valid reason not to use them, he was already gonna done with various "crimes"
We just had New York practically blown up, and he wanted to protect America by defending and then attacking.
Please, it was one (well technically 2) building, America has only suffered one terrorist attack in its whole history and its the end of the world. If only the anti-terrorist Americans were as active 10 years ago when they were funding the IRA to blow up the streets of the UK. Isn't payback a bitch
There were the possible thoughts of connections between Al Quaida and the Saddam Regime, but we werent' getting answers.
Which have since been refuted, reason is that there are none, you were lied to

not worrying about the possibilities of chemical warfare and one day find that they have a terrible disease and everyone is dying around them and wonder whats going wrong.
Don't mean to alarm you but why use chemoical weapons? I could kill probably over a million people from my seat as I type this to you. There are threats far greater than WoMD in a country with no means to launch them to the USA.

How I could kill a million people you may ask?

read this (please do its enlightening and you may well see what real threats are out there)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dy ... -2002Jun26

I'll also quote something for you to read (the important part)
In 1998, a 12-year-old hacker, exploring on a lark, broke into the computer system that runs Arizona's Roosevelt Dam. He did not know or care, but federal authorities said he had complete command of the SCADA system controlling the dam's massive floodgates.

Roosevelt Dam holds back as much as 1.5 million acre-feet of water, or 489 trillion gallons. That volume could theoretically cover the city of Phoenix, down river, to a height of five feet. In practice, that could not happen. Before the water reached the Arizona capital, the rampant Salt River would spend most of itself in a flood plain encompassing the cities of Mesa and Tempe -- with a combined population of nearly a million.
Rather scary, It scares me a lot more than the idea of planes hitting buildings where only 3000 people will die as the attackers have to actually be on the plane

Well wake up ya idiots.
I am perfectly awake, I know the real threats out there, not the imaginary ones you think you know
Do you want to feel protected by making sure nothing bad can happen to anyone in the US or do you want to be like others who are basically a bunch of passifying lobbyists. No War ya say?
Well I don't know about you but I believe the USA to be far scaryer now than before the war, I mean look at you list of allies, UK, Spain. Wow thats a huge list, I would list all your enemies but I don't reacon the messageboard has enough bandwidth to cope with it, plus if you ever suffered another tragedy you've lost the support of Russia, France and China, pretty sad considering after sept 11th the world united behind America, now it is (sadly I may add as I love the country) the most hated country in the world.

Bush is simply trying to set up a somewhat similar manageable government like the US or any other government.
Again, what right does Bush have to tell countries how to govern themselves, none, From a UK PoV I could in theory say the US congress system isn't like ours so we should invade and set up a parliment

Anyways.. before I start voting on this poll, I need someone in office with BALLS!!!

And I would much rather someone with Brains, for some reason I don't want the world to end because Bush had a severe case of sexual frustration
I support a ban on powerposting
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Everything Smokescreen_5, lord of board asshats just said.

Er, yeah, you're a ****tard. That's all I really have to say. You're ****ing stupid kid, and nobody's going to listen to you given your views are ignorant and likely just crammed into your little teenage noggin' by mommy and daddy...oh wait, your profile says you were born in 1976...so it's basically just a case of you being a damn fool. Good work on that, dicklick.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Play nice, Luke.

Deconstruct first, personal insults only after alcohol.
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

All that stuff from before...

Wow, where to begin...

1. Democrat, Republican, Independent. It doesn't really matter what party someone's affiliated with, most politicians are rich white men out to protect their own interests at the expense of the American people.

2. Bush has lied about this war since Day One.

3. Bush's reasons for sending troops into Iraq are far from benevolent. He's been itching to take down Saddam and defend his family's honor since he got into office.

4. Hussein and Bin Laden tried to strike up a business partnership a long time ago, but it didn't work out. Bin Laden and his buddies view Saddam as an infidel. Any reports of current ties between Iraq and Al Qaeda are fabrications dreamed up by the Bush Administration to justify their little war.

5. Weapons of mass destruction? Another fabrication to justify their war once people realized that the "Al Qaeda connection" thing was a lie.

6. If Hussein has any chemical and biological weapons, it's because we sold them to him.

7. Bush could give a rat's ass about the Iraqi people. Get over it.

8. If you want people to respect your opinion, you may want to refrain from insults like the ones in your previous post. That's not really the way to win friends and influence people. It'll also get you banned real quick.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Originally posted by Brendocon
Play nice, Luke.

Deconstruct first, personal insults only after alcohol.
But, but, my rank...

Well, Computron actually did an admirable job tearing the guy's ludicrous opinions apart, I felt I had to let him know how we Democrats felt about his asshole attitude towards us...
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Appreciated, but it's hard for me to enforce this:
Originally posted by fort_max
8. If you want people to respect your opinion, you may want to refrain from insults like the ones in your previous post. That's not really the way to win friends and influence people. It'll also get you banned real quick.

When you're doing that. ;)
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

:angel:
ThePeacemkr2
Protoform

Post by ThePeacemkr2 »

No - you are stating your opinion. Just because you are one of those who think your opinion is always correct does not mean it is proven fact. Providing logical evidence to back up your arguments would probably help people take you seriously... insulting them most definitly does not. It also does not help that you spell pretty much every word exactly the way it sounds.

Although, I have to admit, Bush would call you a patriotic american citizen...

since you seem to believe every little bit of bull**** you hear from him, with no real thoughts of your own.

But then, I suppose thinking is a bit painful for you anyways, so I can sort-of sympathize with the fact you let them do their thinking for you...

:rolleyes:

Sorry about the insults, but starting off your statements with a sentence containing a multitide of adjectives designed to be offensive towards a group to which a relatively high percentage belong to or sympathize with (compared to the "other" side, at least, so to speak) isn't a good way to make friends...*
Originally posted by Sir Auros
Er, yeah, you're a ****tard. That's all I really have to say. You're ****ing stupid kid, and nobody's going to listen to you given your views are ignorant and likely just crammed into your little teenage noggin' by mommy and daddy...

Hey! Age doesn't equate with maturity! Look at KillTheKids, he is even younger than me yet still makes logical and well thought out posts. And I am a teenager as well, yet I would like to think I am a bit better at expressing my viewpoints than him. :glance: ;)

*woah, talk about a run on sentence... think I tried to cram a bit too much in there...

[Edit: All of that, and I forgot to comment on his actual post! Oops!
Republicans on the other hand, they see something, they ask to investigate, and if they aren't getting results from simple requests, they attack.
Hey, that sounds like the bully who picked on me in fourth grade!!!

"Whats that you got there?"
"My lunch..."
"Give it to me, along with your lunch money..."
"I dont have lunch money, just my lunch... and I need it, I am really..."
*Thwack*"I dont care if you have it, give it to me!!" *Bully proceeds to beat me up*
"
We just had New York practically blown up,

Really? Please, give me details on this interesting development, I didn't even see anything about it on the news!

A couple thousand deaths doesn't equate to a city worth of deaths... by far...
He's alive. Go figure.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Originally posted by ThePeacemkr2
It also does not help that you spell pretty much every word exactly the way it sounds.

The fact that all of his posts before this one tend to be mere prattling to hear himself type doesn't help either.