Dinobots toys

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
starlord
Protoform

Dinobots toys

Post by starlord »

Do you like them? only from certain series? Do you want more or from what series? What are your basic views on them?
A little nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest of decepticons.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

I like the new Animated ones and hope to get all three. I already have Grimlock put away for Fathers Day. I still have my original G1 Grimlock from my childhood as well, it is the last remaining G1 figure from my childhood that survived the purging that my wicked step mother did back about 9 years ago.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Oh man, Animated Swoop is so cool. I want him as soon as he comes out in here.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

I definately want to get my hands on all three Animated Dinobots. Classics Grimlock was also a very nice figure.

Of the originals, Slag and Grimlock are the only two that I have, and they are ok. Very little poseability though.
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

I have all the G1 Dinobots bar the never UK released Swoop(and a couple of the wacky G2 recolours) and I absolutely love them.
My girlfriend raised something with me that had never crossed my mind when she pointed out to me that "big metal dinosaurs are hardly robots in disguise like the rest of the ones you've got"
So thats the only problem the alt modes kinda defeat the RID ethos but hey ho.
Loss of job. Will sell for food here.
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

Me, burnitall, want all Dinobots for display.
numbat

Post by numbat »

I had all the original G1 figures bar Swoop (never released in the UK, as already pointed out by martyboy70). All had to go when I was forced to take all my stuff from my family home a few years ago, and my fiancee wasn't keen on me having too many (erm, any) TFs... (My bro has kept Grimmers at least.)

I do have all of the Justitoys WSTs though (they take up far less shelf-space, and are even niftier for their size, in my opinion).

I do have the Classics Dinobot Mini-Con team, but otherwise I've never been taken by other Dinobot offerings really.

The new Animated Dinobots do look great - I just don't like the style.

I'm always open to new Dinobots though!

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

Oh yeah I forgot my WSTs.
Ive got Grimlock,Snarl and Slag and am going to get the other 2.
@Numbat Im guessing you got WST Sludge and Swoop in.
What do you reckon to them and will you be doing reviews?
Loss of job. Will sell for food here.
Clay

Post by Clay »

I have a shrine to the Mesozoic.

I don't have any G1 Dinobots, but I do have Classics Grimlock and plan to pick up the Animated version too.
The Reverend

Post by The Reverend »

starlord wrote:Do you like them? only from certain series? Do you want more or from what series? What are your basic views on them?
I had all the G1 Dinobots when they were out, except Swoop (seems to be a common thing?). Mah mama bought me Snarl, and I stole the other three from people I didn't like. (lol) You know what's funny though... my favorite thing about them, aside from the dinosaur-smash-fun routine, was Sludge's gun. He was just posable enough that he could hold the gun up to his eye-level like a sniper.
wolfbolt86
Protoform

Post by wolfbolt86 »

I have classic Grimlock, magmatron, and a few of BM dinos. I plan on getting at least one version of Grimlock, Snarl and Slag, but I don't know what one to get G1 or G2. Any suggestions on which one i should get.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I hope to snag Animated Grim. Classics is my Favorite though.

I'm hoping they eventually update Stego Snarl.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

wolfbolt86 wrote:I have classic Grimlock, magmatron, and a few of BM dinos. I plan on getting at least one version of Grimlock, Snarl and Slag, but I don't know what one to get G1 or G2. Any suggestions on which one i should get.
The G2 re-colors are hideous. Some of them kept their originals though, but I think they used cheaper plastic than their G1 versions. Go for the G1s if it's in your price range.
lars573
Protoform

Post by lars573 »

The G2's are not hideous.
Clay wrote:Image
Why does it look like that JP dino is having his way with T-recks? :wtf:

I have a G2 Grimlock and Snarl. A G1 Slag. Classics Grimlock and his tiny troops. I want the animated Dinobots.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

lars573 wrote:Why does it look like that JP dino is having his way with T-recks?
That's how Grimlock was made.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
lars573
Protoform

Post by lars573 »

:smack: Plus a scary mental picture.
numbat

Post by numbat »

martyboy70 wrote:Oh yeah I forgot my WSTs.
Ive got Grimlock,Snarl and Slag and am going to get the other 2.
@Numbat Im guessing you got WST Sludge and Swoop in.
What do you reckon to them and will you be doing reviews?
Sorry man - stopped getting thread updates for a while, and it's been tricky keeping up with active threads without 'em! (They just started again randomly after over a week!)

My order got a little muddled with TFSource. I had to put it on hold last year when the figures were delayed, due to my wedding and honeymoon. Then I took them off hold. Then I had to put them on hold again this April, as I was moving house (and the release was further delayed!). Then I gave them my new addy and asked them to send them out. Then they didn't... So I contacted them, and they appologized, and said they'd be sure the send them. Then they didn't. So I contacted them, and it turned out they were sitting in their dispatch room, for no good reason. So they sent them. And I just got them today, because they sent them to my old addy in Dumbarton!!!! (Luckily my mail redirect ends in a few days, otherwise they may have been sent back or lost!)

I don't know what's happened here - TFSource have been the most reliable and quick folks I've ordered from until this. I think it must have been an unfortunate one-off due to the long WST delays and my various holds and addy change. They've been very good about it.

So, erm, yeah...

I did claim the reviews way back when they were meant to be released, and I will definitely be doing them now!

And Swoop does come with all the launchers.

(I'm very excited about Swoop - he's the only Dinobot I didn't have as a kid! And I far prefer the wee versions!)

I am awaiting Reprolables producing stickers, though. My experiences of the Justitoys ones are poor, and all my WST Dinobots have Reprolabels stickers - they look a lot better, and offer some opportunities that the 'official KO' ones don't (like Slag's eyes, or anime Grimmers). I'm hoping for eyes for Sludge, and would really like them for Swoop (but they would probably be too small...).

But, yeah, the Dinobots work a lot better at WST scale!

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
FortMax

Post by FortMax »

I was born in '86, so the original Dinobots were long gone from shelves by the time I was old enough for them, and during G2 I, along with half the kids my age, wanted Power Rangers toys. So the only Dionbots I have are Classics Grimlock and a G1 Swoop I got for free from an aunt's basement.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

i really like the dinobots and my first one was grimlock which i got when i was about 10 at a car boot sale for just £2 bargain!

i really like the new animated dino bots and i want them all (especially grimlock) i also really kike classics grimlock and hope to purchase him too.

im in no way a fan of the awful energon dino bots even if grimlock was fairly similar to g1 they just seemed tacky.
i also dont like the dinosaur transformers from the cybertron line (with the posible exeption of scourge)

i would have really liked to have seen HOS dinobots cos tat would look so cool and would be kinda like the big metal spider in wild wild west.

ive also just finished a lego grimlock which im very proud of so look out for it when i update my lego creations thread in kitbashing.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
SimonMK
Protoform

Post by SimonMK »

I only have the Classic Grimlock. My brother lend me his Energon Grimlock+Swoop and they were horrible. :S