Next year in an official club comic near you...

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Denyer

Next year in an official club comic near you...

Post by Denyer »

With thanks to Thunderwing for the info:

http://idwpublishing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2961

"The TF Club is offering a new exclusive next year.

Energon Hot Shot presumably remolded as Nightbeat.

And here's the next "Timelines" Classics issue, the series is supposedly going quarterly next year-"

What are two of the strongest Dinobots, Slag and Sludge, doing with Nightbeat and his Headmaster ally Siren? And who is following the foursome to one of the most dangerous asteroid colonies in the galaxy? Friend, foe or both? These questions are just part of the mystery Nightbeat must solve in the all-new Timelines Spring Special "Cheap Shots." Now offered quarterly, Timelines brings you another great story from the Classicverse, set in one of the most beloved and popular Transformers Universes ever! Featuring cover art by hot new Transformers artist Thomas Deer, interior art by Fan favorite Dan Khanna and two all-new Classics MTMTE profiles.

edit: Didn't make it clear, this isn't a "you must belong to the club to purchase" thing, the Timelines series is solicited through Diamond as with normal comics.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Nightbeat would be a cool figure. En Hot Shot's not that great a figure, but they generally do a good job with their figures, so I'm sure it would come out pretty good. Depends on the price they want, I suppose. I might as well use my membership for something.

The membership paid for itself, with the Botcon set ($50 discount for joining a $40 club, isn't bad, at all. If I like next year's set, I'll renew my membership), and the free figure and bi-monthly comic is a bit of fun, on top of it.

I've kinda figured that I'll be picking up movie figures (mainly the cast and a few that I like, on the side), what I want from Classics (I'd buy them all, but I think I'm just going to stick with ones that either were favorite characters, or are extremely well-made (crap, I'm gonna justify buying the whole line, aren't I? ;) Nah, I'll find a way of cutting down), and rarities, like TF Club/Botcon Exclusives that I like.

The comic would be good, as well. I don't like to get involved in story arcs, but the occasional one-shot wouldn't be bad.