2006:Not Having A Whale Of A Time

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Aardvark

2006:Not Having A Whale Of A Time

Post by Aardvark »

This is not a good year for whales
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jh ... altop.html
The sperm whale became stuck on mud off Kilnsea, on Spurn Point, East Yorkshire, this morning.

Local people raised the alarm at about 11.15am and lifeboat crews, the coastguard and firefighters all attempted to aid the animal.

Experts from the Mammal Rescue organisation were on their way to help the whale, but as the tide reached its lowest point at about 3pm the creature was virtually clear of the water.

Some reports said the animal had a large gash on its side.

Last month a northern bottle nosed whale died after it found its way up the River Thames into central London.

And to make matters worse
http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7002241874
American Attempts To Sell Whale's Soul On EBay

February 3, 2006 8:00 p.m. EST

Yvonne Lee - All Headline News Staff Reporter

London, England (AHN) - An American is attempting to sell on eBay the soul of a whale that died two weeks ago in the river Thames.

However, the Internet auction site says it can't sell items that people don't own and will remove it from the site, reports Reuters.

But the vendor insists he is in possession of the soul.

"I was accompanying the poor whale in his last journey, and he handed his soul to me. He asked me to sell it, so I could invest the money raised in other bottlenosed whales," said the Minneapolis seller to Reuters. He assigned the incorrect gender to the animal.

Other items related to the doomed whale have also gone up for sale on eBay. The watering can used to hydrated the whale as rescuers tried to send her back to sea was sold for $3,600.

Another vendor is attempting to sell water from the area of the river the whale swam through.

26 January 2006: Thames whale died after taking wrong turn
-Alex???
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Well, it's obvious to me that the whales are simply performing a protest due to the English media's frequent fun at the expense of Robbie Savage. Maybe you should get it inot your head that if you will allow newspapers to run such material, completely sensible reactions such as bombarding random innocent bits of your country with dead whale will happen.
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

:laugh:
Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Well, it's obvious to me that the whales are simply performing a protest due to the English media's frequent fun at the expense of Robbie Savage. Maybe you should get it inot your head that if you will allow newspapers to run such material, completely sensible reactions such as bombarding random innocent bits of your country with dead whale will happen.

Ah a reference to the highlighting of the word your from a conversation about a Danish cartoon which has ruined a dairy factory inside a thread about whales dying within a transformers forum
And I'm a Blackburn supporter, bloody Westbrom
-Alex???
Prowl1984

Whale soul?

Post by Prowl1984 »

So i'm assuming that idiot could speak whale? surely somebody was suspicious when he started going "Waaaaaaoooooooorrreeeeeeee" to the dying bugger? ah only in America....

"No point in long goodbyes, here's the door."

"Life's a trip, and then you die" -
Hunter S.Thompson
1937-2005 :smokin: