Almost there PS3...

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Protoform

Almost there PS3...

Post by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron »

Sony cuts price of PS3

... by $100. Now if only they can do that 2 more times, I may be interested in purchasing one.

Also check out the new 80 gig model packed w/ Motorstorm...

Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

It's now $500... that's right at the X360 price point while still being a superior machine (purely in hardware).

Another $200 drop? So you want the PS3 to retail for LESS than just it's video card would cost if you got it for the PC?
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Originally posted by TFVanguard
It's now $500... that's right at the X360 price point while still being a superior machine (purely in hardware).

Another $200 drop? So you want the PS3 to retail for LESS than just it's video card would cost if you got it for the PC?

I think that's the point he's trying to convey, yes.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Originally posted by TFVanguard

Even the Elite (which is rumored to have its price cut at E3) is lower than that, so I don't know where you're pulling that. I assume from the same place you pull most of your "facts."

It's also not taking into accound that there is a 360 SKU that's $50 more than the Wii, and that the most popular, fully functional model is still $100 below the newly reduced PS3.
StoneCold Skywarp

You think you've got it rough? Try these UK prices:-

Wii - £179.99 ($360)
360 Core - £199.99 ($400)
360 Prem - £279.99 ($560)
PS3 (60GB) - £424.99 ($850)

And people wonder why us in the UK complain about prices so much.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

I know, I know. About how much of that is because of the VAT and how much is just because Europe gets the shaft in pricing?
StoneCold Skywarp

VAT is 17.5%

Even still, we get shafted on prices just for being in the UK. European prices on hardware is usually pretty decent by comparison
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

I still can't figure out why different colour boxes (not the cardboard ones) cost different prices - hey, it's just armour-plating for the spagetti inside! Is this one of Gordon Brown's stealth taxes or what?

The cost of replacing my almost defunct PS1 (all those thousands of miles on Lego Racers...) with a 3 is so ridiculous that I am sticking to my original intention of getting a 2. Even the cost of a new 2 is going up, mainly, I think, because they're packaging it with games I couldn't care la plume de ma tante about.

Rip off Britain rips here.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
moonbaseone
Protoform

Post by moonbaseone »

I'm not cheap but I really don't care to spend $499 or $599 on a videogame system. A pc or a laptop sure, but not a gaming system. And, I honestly am not all that interested in Blu-ray or HD-DVDs right now.

I was hesitant to get my 360 Premium, but I did save a few bucks by getting a bundle from Costco.
"Till All Are ONE"

-Please visit FavoriteToons.com - your COMPLETE Cartoon Online resource for Toons, Anime, Transformers, and more!!!

By - Moonbaseone
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Oh, btw, that "price cut" isn't so much a price cut as a clearance sale. Expect $599 once they've emptied the warehouse.