ADC at SDCC shows that RID optimus and Magnus will be part of UNIVERSE

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Brave Maximus

ADC at SDCC shows that RID optimus and Magnus will be part of UNIVERSE

Post by Brave Maximus »

Well if that wasn't a cryptic thread title I don't know what is.

Must be Brave Maximus' Day for news.

Anyway, some pics up on ADC about the San Deigo ComicCon and some TF pics.

Lost of universe and Armada stuff

I looks like the Yellow Landfill and artic camo Ruination will be re released :D

BUT it also shows Magnus and Optimus from RID in Universe packaging

1: Optiums's colours are ugly and bordering on Blasphimus (no Optimus should be that ugly)

2: with them still cluttering up shelves all over the world, why re release them. You can get them for $10 on ebay

Ah well, just thought you should know

See it here
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

I've a nasty feeling there'll be another G2-scale incident over the number of lousy repaints coming out at the moment...

That versus this: http://tfarchive.com/community/showthre ... adid=17191 ?

...no contest! :D
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

No kidding.
Why don't they start to repaint and reissue TF's that never made it to the west?

Use them for universe, do little comics to explain the character and sell them for a small fortune

Every one in North am would pay good money for a Star Saber repaint, esp if the quality is there. I mean what would you rather buy: ugly repaints of RID optimus and Magnus (when the decent painted originals are still on the shelves) or a good repaint of Star Saber and Victory Leo? Let alone Overlord, Dai Atlas and the powered masters the Breastforce (with a better name) ETC.

Some times hasbro makes me shake my head.
The Spider
Protoform

Re: ADC at SDCC shows that RID optimus and Magnus will be part of UNIVERSE

Post by The Spider »

Originally posted by Brave Maximus
with them still cluttering up shelves all over the world, why re release them. You can get them for $10 on ebay

They can? News to me, because I still can't get an RiD Ultra Magnus.
Shrapnel Clone

Post by Shrapnel Clone »

Aw, did you guys check the new powerlinx Thrust? The red PL version was so much better...

http://afigures.com/g/generated/2003SDC ... ed_500.jpg
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Man, that's ugly. Why'd they change him?
He looked really good as a G1 homage
Dinobot

Re: Re: ADC at SDCC shows that RID optimus and Magnus will be part of UNIVERSE

Post by Dinobot »

Originally posted by The Spider
They can? News to me, because I still can't get an RiD Ultra Magnus.
We have loads still cluttering up the shelves at my local Toymaster. Pity they won't reduce the prices, they'll never shift and if they were marked down to a tenner I'd pick a couple up so I could display each aswell as Omega Prime.
"Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."
Dinobot - Code Of Hero
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

yeah, most Zellers and a few TRU around here still have them cluttering them up. Usually at zellers you see them for around $15.00
Wolfang

Post by Wolfang »

Okay: that new Dirge paintjob is ass. Not overkeen on the PowerLinx Red Alert and Cyclonus either.

That RiD Op is as ugly as sin. Who ever commissioned that job should be poisoned, shot, strangled, hanged, drawn and quartered.

I confess; Magnus doesn't look much different to me, but maybe I'm just not paying attention. Wait... is his helmet black?

TF Lego? WTF... those are just horid. Die Hasbro... just... just die...

Still like the look of the Dinobots. I know they're just repaints, but I like the colours. The only one I don't have is the Dimetrodon [?].

Look. More ****e repaints.... I already own most of the Transmetals. There is nothing that is going to persuade me to buy them again.

Armada Skywarp looks pretty cool...

Yellow Landfill? Wait for the green and purple one instead....
"I hold to a simple philosophy: assume everyone's a piece of c*** and then be pleasantly surprised if you find people who ain't."
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Nah, the mold doesn't look close enough to Devastator. There'd have to be some remolding of the head, and maybe some real hands? But with that and Green and Purple, it'd work. But Hasbro's Lazy. (I'll come back in a second)

RID ultra magnus is the same. They didn't have the repaints done on time, so that's what they went with. 2 rumors I've seen (don't ask, I hate going digging). 1 translucent colours. or 2 deeper solid colours. So that's not the final colouration on Op. Even then, it's still ugly as sin and Magnus won't be far behind. Looks like hasbro has employed the same colour blind designers that TAKARA had that gave us Sunstorm and Hauler :wall:

Anyway back to lazy hasbro.
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Use the molds from G1 that didn't make it to north am. Make them different colours to apease the collectors (so the originals won't drop in price). Give us Overlord, Victory saber, black Zarak, Big powered, Breastforce (with a better name), and the like. Fans would drool and hasbro wouldn't be able to keep them on the shelves. Man I should be running the place ;)
Gruff
Protoform

Post by Gruff »

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Use the molds from G1 that didn't make it to north am. Make them different colours to apease the collectors (so the originals won't drop in price). Give us Overlord, Victory saber, black Zarak, Big powered, Breastforce (with a better name), and the like. Fans would drool and hasbro wouldn't be able to keep them on the shelves. Man I should be running the place ;)

word!!!

add Dezarus, Magnum, the battlestars and king poseidon to that list
Gruff 3:16 says Brendocon is da man!!Image
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

LOL @ Optipiss Prime and Poopoolinx Thrust.
Wolfang

Post by Wolfang »

Nah, the mold doesn't look close enough to Devastator. There'd have to be some remolding of the head, and maybe some real hands? But with that and Green and Purple, it'd work. But Hasbro's Lazy. (I'll come back in a second)
Hey mate, it was just an idea. Its not like Hasbro don't repaint stuff to capture nostalgia at a certain level...
RID ultra magnus is the same. They didn't have the repaints done on time, so that's what they went with. 2 rumors I've seen (don't ask, I hate going digging). 1 translucent colours. or 2 deeper solid colours. So that's not the final colouration on Op. Even then, it's still ugly as sin and Magnus won't be far behind. Looks like hasbro has employed the same colour blind designers that TAKARA had that gave us Sunstorm and Hauler :wall:
So; instead of an Optimus who looks like he drank too way to much Sunny Delight-based Energon, its going to be one that looks like solidified urine? Great...
Anyway back to lazy hasbro.

Amen, brother!
Originally posted by Gruff
word!!!

add Dezarus, Magnum, the battlestars and king poseidon to that list
Right... if anyone's interested, I'm going getting a gun and securing positions for Bave Max and Gruff on Hasbro's board of directors. Anybody who posts other good ideas in this thread gets a seat on the Board of Directors....
"I hold to a simple philosophy: assume everyone's a piece of c*** and then be pleasantly surprised if you find people who ain't."
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

I think it's a great idea to slightly remold land fill and paint him like devistator, I mean look how much the micromaster six builder variant goes for.

I'm just afraid of how they're going to repaint Magnus. Probably snot green or something to really clash with the piss yellow.

Lets see:
now I can have Sunny D orange Landfill
a yellow orange starscream (Sun Storm)
a pissy yellow and orange RID OPTIMUS
and a shining yellow piss Ultra Magnus (G1)

WHO the hell ok's this stuff? Honnestly?!?! do they have no colour sense?

I'm in on Wolfang's idea. I get to be incharge of the Transformers line though. give me 2 months and we'll actually be putting out decent stuff. AND I'll make damn sure the TV show is better. If any company I hire puts out an episode like Carnival, they're fired.
Gruff can help out on the board. :D life is good.

But seriously. Is it really that hard to listen to the fans? The demands aren't that unreasonable:
World wide distrubution, with in a month of eachother. I mean I don't thinkt he UK fans would mind getting the stuff 3 weeks after it hits the shelves in the US, same with europe and Australia (let Takara take care of Asia, they seem pretty competent there).
Have a cartoon that's good, with good action, humor, but also good stories and not dumbed down for kiddies. Basically we want Beast Wars back again. (same style of stuff, I'm not saying re do the beast wars line, just the feel of the show, if you understand).
Toys: Good articulation, decent alt modes, cool gimics and good colour schemes. Good names help too.
Reissues. DON't reissue anything that's been availible for the past 5 years. Seriously. RID was out what, a year and a half ago? Why are you reissuing stuff from there? When most of the western world is pulling out it's teeth to get things like: Star Saber, Overlord, Star Convoy, Leokaiser, Black Zarak, ETC. This doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out. It's product and demand. People pay upwards of $1,000 for a MISB Grand Maximus. Why? I don't know, you can get a Brave Maximus for $100 US. Not to much differance, same mold. But still they pay insane ammounts. I mean seriously. "hummm What happens if I make the same product, but because it's brand new I can charge 1/10th the price" A grand Maximus for $100? They'd be sold out in a day.Star Saber for $50? Gone again. THIS IS EASY STUFF!!!!

But no, we're going to put out an ugly triple changing bird that turns into a gun and camcorder and charge $25 for it. Oh wait, it's not selling. Ok, out comes 2 swords that don't transform, maybe they'll sell better. Hello, HASBRO, the last time you tried non transforming Transformers, it killed G1 in north Am.

Listen to the fans, listen to consumers. Let them tell you what they want, instead of telling them what they want. Simple business planning.

Now to me this seems to be a good idea, but apparently I'm wrong .

Give me and gruff and some others control and the line will see amazing profets.

Rant over, sorry about that. Dealing with a similar situation at work.
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

Terrific points, Brave. I bow down before you.

I do wonder about the sense of some of the colorists at both Hasbro and Takara. I get the feeling G2 wouldn't have been a failure if there had been more color schemes that weren't neon. That, and figures like Optimus not having OPTIMUS PRIME written in a huge ugly-ass godawful sticker on the side of the trailer. G2 had a lot of great molds that became worthless to me once they were made to look like they'd been painted by a color-blind monkey...

And yeah, don't reissue something I could have bought a year ago. Give me my Hound, Mirage, Sunstreaker, etc...

And btw, I like the Yellow Landfill, been waiting for him to come out for ages now...
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

WHY?!?! God he's ugly.

But I do agree, it seems that their colour choices have been off for quite a while (though armada's not to bad :D)

I honnestly think that Hound, Mirrage and the rest will eventually show up. It seems that after Takara releases them, then Hasbro gets the fixed up molds. Again Hasbro is lazy. They see Takara making lots of money, even from their customers (big import market). So they figure they need to cash in on it too.

I have no doubt that Commerative series VII or VIII will feature a Soundwave. Again Lazy.

I honnestly hope there's some guy at Hasbro reading this, so they can read what their fans like.

Cheers for the support Maki, you get a high paying job on the board of directors too. ;)
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

WHY?!?! God he's ugly.

But I do agree, it seems that their colour choices have been off for quite a while (though armada's not to bad :D)

I just have a thing for unified color schemes, I guess. I'd prefer the yellow over Devastator bright green. Nostalgia aside, it's really not the best color...

Armada wasn't too bad, though Laserbeak would look better in the original color scheme they were going to use. Quite a few of those Powerlinx figures look AWFUL, though. What's sad is they had a cool Thrust that had the whole G1 homage, then said, "screw it, we need it to be ugly..."
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

I was thinking the slightly muted bright green. Not the Neon Hauler green *Shudders* a slightly darker green with a deep purple for some of the pieces. Re molded head, and attachments for hands :D Brave Max would be happy.

Unified colour schemes is great in a combiner. Look at JRX (Rail Racer for you RID guys). But some colour Variation is also nice (IE Defensor. Nice unity in parts, but each one has enough to make them different looking). On the other hand a compleat conglomeration of Colour is not good: IE land fill, nothing matches. Or better yet.Sixwing. I just got him monday (thanx Maki) and none of his colours match. Neon green, Grey and light purple, White and pink, black and some other ones thrown in for fun. Again, Taraka's designers are colour blind. Really. (side note. Is it just me or does Sixbuilder have the same colour scheme as the Diaclone Devestator?).
"screw it, we need it to be ugly..."

I think that was the designers mentality for all of Armada, energon and Universe. :wall:
The Spider
Protoform

Post by The Spider »

People pay upwards of $1,000 for a MISB Grand Maximus. Why? I don't know, you can get a Brave Maximus for $100 US. Not to much differance, same mold. But still they pay insane ammounts. I mean seriously. "hummm What happens if I make the same product, but because it's brand new I can charge 1/10th the price" A grand Maximus for $100? They'd be sold out in a day.Star Saber for $50? Gone again. THIS IS EASY STUFF!!!!

But no, we're going to put out an ugly triple changing bird that turns into a gun and camcorder and charge $25 for it. Oh wait, it's not selling. Ok, out comes 2 swords that don't transform, maybe they'll sell better. Hello, HASBRO, the last time you tried non transforming Transformers, it killed G1 in north Am.

1) Grand Maximus has G1 Fortress Maximus' accessories, a new color scheme, and a Pretender shell for the Cerebros figure.

2) The swords are those role-play weapons or whatever. Only works if they market costumes or something.
The Spider
Protoform

Post by The Spider »

Originally posted by BigMaki
That, and figures like Optimus not having OPTIMUS PRIME written in a huge ugly-ass godawful sticker on the side of the trailer.

I have this urge to design a costume of the G2 Laser Optimus Prime that even has "Optimus Prime" written on the chest. And get one of those hand-held label-makers, add a few pieces to make it look like Laser Op's gun, and now Laser Optimus Prime can run around armed with a gun that allows him to make labels that say, "PROPERTY OF OPTIMUS PRIME" and stick it on anyone and anything.