Spidey 3 acting villian announced

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Protoform

Spidey 3 acting villian announced

Post by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron »

Thomas Haden Church

I like him on that sitcom Wings. That's funny, however, that they named him as the villian, when they don't even know yet who the villian is gonna be.

Expected to hit theatres May 4, 2007.
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

Hopefully it will be better than SpiderMan 2.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

So no Lizard? No Hobgoblin/Green Gobin II? No John Jameson as Venom?

I wonder who he's going to be? Both Raimi and Maguire have said that their favorite Spidey villain of all-time is the Sandman. That could be cool, I guess.
Halfshell

Re: Spidey 3 acting villian announced

Post by Halfshell »

My initial thought was Hobgoblin when I heard this. Sandman could be nifty if they get the sfx right.

Where was it said that it won't be Lizard, a Goblin or Venom? Or is that just supposition. I remember reading somewhere that there would def be two villains...

Harry as the Goblin with Sandman in back-up sounds good to me.
Originally posted by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
they don't even know yet who the villian is gonna be.

We don't. I'd think they do.
Civ

Post by Civ »

I thought I heard something awhile back that the Spidey villian would be Venom but I guess that's just a rumor. :confused:
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Protoform

Why couldn't he play the role of Eddie Brock who then becomes Venom?
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

Why couldn't he play the role of Eddie Brock who then becomes Venom?

First of all, who says he wont?

Second of all, I wouldn't like Eddie Brock as Venom in the third film, Eddie Brock the character is worthless when it comes to Venom, it's more of the hatred Eddie has for Spider-Man, if there was to be Venom i'd be perfectly happy with John Jameson being him.
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

Originally posted by Vin Ghostal
Hopefully it will be better than SpiderMan 2.

I thought Spiderman 2 was superb if your implying it wasn't up to much.:confused:
Computron

Post by Computron »

I hated spidey 2, it was so bad - especially compared to X-men 2
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

Like any trilogy they try to out do what has been done before. ROTJ had multiple battle scenes, and a new Death Star confrontation, that included the whole rebel armada. If Spider-man 3 is not better than 2 I will be disappointed, and not satisfied merely knowing that at least 2 was good.
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Originally posted by CounterPunch
First of all, who says he wont?

Second of all, I wouldn't like Eddie Brock as Venom in the third film, Eddie Brock the character is worthless when it comes to Venom, it's more of the hatred Eddie has for Spider-Man, if there was to be Venom i'd be perfectly happy with John Jameson being him.

The John Jameson is venom thing is just a rumor, and I have no idea why they would make him Venom. If they had been planning that, why would they mention Eddie Brock in the movies as another newspaper photographer?
Originally posted dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
That's funny, however, that they named him as the villian, when they don't even know yet who the villian is gonna be.
Who says Raimi doesn't know who the villain is? He just isn't saying yet.
Originally posted by The HeartBrend Kid
Where was it said that it won't be Lizard, a Goblin or Venom? Or is that just supposition. I remember reading somewhere that there would def be two villains...

It hasn't been outright said, but both the Lizard (the professor) and the Goblin (Harry Osborn) are already cast, so a new casting must mean a new villain. And Raimi has said that he doesn't like Venom.
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

Originally posted by Zisteau
And Raimi has said that he doesn't like Venom.

That sucks. Venom would look really cool on film. Plus he is one of the only villians who knows Spidermans identity.
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

The John Jameson is venom thing is just a rumor, and I have no idea why they would make him Venom. If they had been planning that, why would they mention Eddie Brock in the movies as another newspaper photographer?

yeah i know, im saying that IF venom were to be in the third movie id prefer it to be John Jameson than Eddie Brock.

The thing is, in order for venom to work properly theyd have to -
1. Introduce Eddie Brock
2. Give Eddie Brock enough time to build up characterisation AND the hatred he has for Spider-Man (as thats the most intense thing about Venom)
3. Then theyd have to proceed with introducing the Venom symbiote
4. Then the battle(s)
5. Then the ending

With John Jameson, the character has already been introduced and relatively established, hes got beef against Parker, etc etc
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

That's pretty much the size of it. The whole Venom story is an arc - it works best told over a period of time. Trying to sandwich every aspect of it into one film isn't a good idea.
dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Protoform

And Raimi has said that he doesn't like Venom.
Where did you hear that? If it is true, then he's an idiot. Venom kicks ass!

I really wish we could see Carnage, but that'll never happen. Just his pure madness/craziness would make a great villain.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Where did you hear that? If it is true, then he's an idiot. Venom kicks ass!

I really wish we could see Carnage, but that'll never happen. Just his pure madness/craziness would make a great villain.

Venom has been written to death, and Carnage is a lame sucker. "I'm so eee-heee-hee-vil, I love to kill, woo-hoo, I'm craa-haa-zyyy!" There's nothing really you could do with this "character". Carnage is symptomatic for the early Nineties. Stupid villains who love to kill for no particular reason. Usually fighting against so-called "heroes" who have no qualms about killing their enemies either.

Thanks, I'd prefer a villain with actual depth over that.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

Originally posted by Computron
I hated spidey 2, it was so bad - especially compared to X-men 2

I agree. Spidey 2 was so bad, my brother and I were actually laughing in the theatre.
Civ

Post by Civ »

Both my brother and I thought that Spider-Man 2 was great. It was rather depressing at the beginning because all of this crap is happening to Peter but that's what made the movie interesting. It showed that Spider-Man has to deal with the same crap that other, normal people have to deal with and then dealing with the depression that follows it. We both loved the whole "raindrops keep falling on my head" scene and laughed outloud when that was played. Overall, we thought the whole movie was rather well-written.
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I actuallt couldn't finish Spidey 2. The start was good, but then there's about four hours or Parker losing his powers and turning into a moping little cock. I really could not be arsed to finish the thing.
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
but then there's about four hours or Parker losing his powers and turning into a moping little cock.

Thank you. Thank you, thank you, thank you. You've somehow summed up my feelings for the movie in less than a sentence. Just add the fact that everyone else in the movie is a moping little cock for 95% of the runtime and you'd have it exactly.