My collection (as much as I can fit on shelves, anyway)

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Cliffjumper

My collection (as much as I can fit on shelves, anyway)

Post by Cliffjumper »

It's better than yours, just so you know. There's a fair chance the paintwork on your walls is better, though.

The Magnificent Five.

Gokin

TFs

Movie 'bots

Gundam

GI Joe versus...

Cobra the enemy

Lightan

G1

Gobots/MR/RM
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Cliffjumper wrote:It's better than yours, just so you know.
The distressing lack of Batman on any of those shelves says otherwise. Pretty cool otherwise, though, even if obscure Japanese robots aren't my thing.

Oh, and I find it hilarious that you display your Chinese bootleg G1s in package. Dunno why.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Warcry wrote: Oh, and I find it hilarious that you display your Chinese bootleg G1s in package. Dunno why.
Dust and yellowing is the main reason; I had all my G1 cars on display before, didn't keep up on dusting them and had to dissassemble some and outright replace Downshift. Considering the amount I spend on toys I badly need to spent some on decent display cases.

Besides which they've as much in common with the originals as the official reissues - beyond that it's semantics :)
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Sorry, I was unclear -- I meant I don't know why I find it so funny, not that I didn't know why you did it.

I totally agree with you about the dust issue. Newer toys will just get tossed in a sink full of soapy water if they get dirty, but with the die-cast and all the stickers G1 stuff is way, way harder to keep clean. I like to display stuff loose, so 90% of the time my reissues stay boxed up in the closet and my vintage stuff is sealed inside a Rubbermaid tub because I don't want to worry about them getting filthy.

Like you I'd love to get some actual display cases one of these days, but right now I just don't have the space for it.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Hey, the ferring on your Movie Jazz's crescent gun is silver, and is his chest the right way round? Call me disgustingly, filthingly wretchedly anal but I reckon his chest needs a swivellin' so the central bit juts out that little bit ahead of his headlights.

That's HA Jazz yes? Otherwise ignore me :smokin:

Oh, and can you also tell me your postcode, house number and what hours you're at work?

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!'” - Bill Burr

“I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.” - David Bowie
Hound

Post by Hound »

Cliffjumper wrote:It's better than yours, just so you know.
Yes, it is. Can I come over and play?
Addl
Protoform

Post by Addl »

what kind of junky room is that? Didn't you also get married?

Is this room in the basement or locked away?

Actually the paintjob on the wall and the pictures are quite nice, if you are blind.

... I am so jealous of anybody having a hobby room........
[sigpic][/sigpic] :clap: Isch bin dabbei! :up:
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Auntie Slag wrote:That's HA Jazz yes? Otherwise ignore me :smokin:
Na, it's the Premium Deluxe with a customised crescent cannon (i.e. the one off Final Battle Jazz hacked in half and painted silver). I do adore the HA but it was too much of a scale-breaker... I'm toying with the idea of downsizing Ironhide back to the original Voyager but the toy's reliance on springs to keep the shoulder panels looking good unnerves me.
Addl wrote:what kind of junky room is that? Didn't you also get married?
Spare room - we've actually got once each[/smug] - hers is full of Barbie stuff. I am getting booted out if/when we have a little Cliffjumper, though, so I'm spending a lot of time sitting on radiators.
Warcry wrote:but with the die-cast and all the stickers G1 stuff is way, way harder to keep clean.
I find the heads are actually the most irritating bit - beautifully sculpted but just traps for dust and very difficult to get at and clean for the most part.
adlena
Protoform

Post by adlena »

nice collection!@#
adlena