Mmmm tattoos

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Jarradtron
Protoform

Mmmm tattoos

Post by Jarradtron »

Allo all

Finally started to get my full sleeve tat on friday...Been a year in the waiting :D so I thought I'd show off and share some pics...

Who else has "ruined their body" as my Dad would say....SHARE pics :D

Chromia

Post by Chromia »

Not too much into tattoos myself, but, it looks nice.

And if you like it, that's really all that matters.

But, on a side note...you are a skinny dude!! :p
Jarradtron
Protoform

Post by Jarradtron »

haha yes yes i am...you'd think being a chef I'd be a lil bigger wouldn't you haha...

I'm slowly putting back on the weight that I lost last year...lil bit to much partying was had and not to much eat :rolleyes:
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

How very brave - especially on the bit just alongside the biceps where it really HURTS. I've not done it, but I know a few people who have. Nice, especially the wadjet eye... Whose design?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Zeeks

Post by Zeeks »

Nice Ink, man.

I've got a couple myself. We should start a TFA ink thread.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"...Working on a specimen the size of Angel is actually easier in many ways."
Mac scoffs. "Easier almost ate me a few days ago."-
Steve Alten, Meg: Hell's Aquarium
*BARRAGE*

Post by *BARRAGE* »

hooray for talk about tattoos!

thats some good work... i have six seperate tattoos- that amount to about a quarter sleeve on each arm.

mine are all seperate pieces that are going to form a half sleeve on each arm- then i'm going to work on my chest, belly, and neck- but i have yet to figure out what to get on my legs... i may post my own images...

hey, jarradtron- what do you use for healing, A&D has started giving me achne real bad and has eaten my tats a little- i tried using antibiotic ointment, and it healed too fast and peeled a thick layer off me... so i'm looking for a new healing regiment...
HE JUST WON'T STAY DEAD
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Don't know if it's any use to you - I used a bog-standard antiseptic cream (Boots own, in fact) twice a day for 8 days, followed later by simple cocoa butter when required to keep the skin moist for another two weeks. Mind you, it's only one tattoo of a reasonably small size... :\
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
*BARRAGE*

Post by *BARRAGE* »

i'm looking to get more work done before december (my state has decided to tax tattoos on a dollar amount basis... bastards) so i will take that into consideration... thanks clogs
HE JUST WON'T STAY DEAD
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

None. Might consider it if it was gone in a year or something. Tattoos always look terrible on the middle aged, old and fat.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by Jetfire
None. Might consider it if it was gone in a year or something. Tattoos always look terrible on the middle aged, old and fat.

Awh, c'mon man. You're not that old...
*BARRAGE*

Post by *BARRAGE* »

Originally posted by Jetfire

they look fine on the fat (as a kinda bigger dude, i know) and they make ink that fades completely gone after a while-

which any real tat fan would tell you is for the lame and wussy amongst this world- attempting to be cool in some way without the real consideration that is inherent in good and meaningful tattoos... ahem... sorry, i love ink
HE JUST WON'T STAY DEAD
Jarradtron
Protoform

Post by Jarradtron »

Clogs the design is all purely the tattooist, I went in with a idea of what i wanted (The dragon and the koi fish to be added to my lower arm) and he came up with the rest....the eye and the 3 point spiral were existing tats that he worked around..

Also everything other than the drago is free-handed onto my arm as he went...the wave at the very bottom went thru about 3 changes b4 i ended up with what ive got...

The most painful bits where my shoulders and just above my armpit...some of the worst pain ive ever felt...haha and also towards the end after he inked and wiped...that hurt ALOT haha..

All in all im INCREDIBLY happy with what ive got so far..

Xstarscreamx as for healing creams and stuff ive only ever used to types on all my tats, orginally i used bepanthen crean....its used for babies with nappy rash etc but its really good on tats....

The other one ive used on my last 3 tats is call Protat and is made specificly for tats... http://www.protat.com.au but i think its mainly a australian product
*BARRAGE*

Post by *BARRAGE* »

bepanthen cream sounds like A&D (same uses anyway)... but i'll check it out- thanks much

my next might be around my necklace line- i haven't figured what to get, probably a phrase or something- i do know that i plan to get an arm cap with japanese waves and a skull in them- hope to have funds soon!
HE JUST WON'T STAY DEAD
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Originally posted by Xstarscreamx
my next might be around my necklace line
Collarbones. Vibration. The tattooist who did my sigil came close at one point and it was that sensation you get at the dentist when s/he is drilling an anaethetised tooth. Friend Kathryn, who designed the dragon tattoo for her upper left arm and shoulder, placed part of the neck and the head across the collarbone and I had to hold her hands really tight - she was going to thump or bolt for it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
*BARRAGE*

Post by *BARRAGE* »

pain isn't really that big to me (i have a really high pain threshold- 4 years football, tattoos, wrestling, boxing, and being a country boy...)-

i have only really flinched hard at the rose on my inner left bicep- that one f*ckin hurt... but most of mine haven't been so bad- my buddy has a belt buckle of the spiderman logo done- he said that it sucked some other kind of fierce...

besides- can't be worse than the the time in highschool when i tried to pierce my own septum- and went too far up and triggered the nerves to my tearducts, that was a special kind of hell reserved for only idiots... i still get uncomfortable at the thought... *shudders*
HE JUST WON'T STAY DEAD
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Originally posted by Xstarscreamx
besides- can't be worse than the the time in highschool when i tried to pierce my own septum- and went too far up and triggered the nerves to my tearducts, that was a special kind of hell reserved for only idiots... i still get uncomfortable at the thought... *shudders*
The other kind of hell is childbirth, but you needn't worry about that... ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jarradtron
Protoform

Post by Jarradtron »

Time for a small update....Just been in for my 2nd session and thought I'd share pics

Average pics..I'll try and get some better ones later on if any ones interested in seeing it a lil more.

All I can say is shading REALLY F@*king hurts...ALOT haha
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Shading does hurt something cruel, doesn't it? The lining-in is fine, but then... And when you go back to have the colour touched-up...

Nice looking work. Yes, more pics!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jarradtron
Protoform

Post by Jarradtron »

Oh yes I got to enjoy 3 hours of solid shading today...was fun..lots and lots on my elbow and the inside of my arm. 6hr session all up....very very happy with how its turning out...just colours to go now.
PresidentSEARS

Post by PresidentSEARS »

See, when I got my last student loan I'd drawn myself up a nice Galleon to go on my chest/side (about 18"X12"). But my ex kind of killed tattoo's for me - she become so enthused in the concept that she spent around £1000 in 2 months, so my puny Galleon was 'blown out of the water' (geddit?). I'll get round to my darling and a few other little peices eventually - but for now, I'll just dream.