So...how's Henkei Dinobot and Cheetor?

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Knightdramon
Protoform

So...how's Henkei Dinobot and Cheetor?

Post by Knightdramon »

Anybody own those two, or their universe counterparts? I've found the pair for a fantastic price at e-bay, and coupled with another auction full of WIN for TM-01 Primal [telemocha series, the smaller robotmasters repaint] I can get 3/5 of a revised BW cast.

Are they worth it? I've read that Cheetor is a piece of crap, Dinobot's so-so and only Primal is worth it.

The trio [on separate auctions], without shipping, costs around 35 USD, which is a damn steal considering either of them retailed at around 25 USD.

Any thoughts?
Transformer Kamen

Post by Transformer Kamen »

Only familiar with Hasbro's Dinobot, and I'm not really impressed. His beast mode looks really good, yet doesn't really have much articulation. The robot mode has some nice upper body articulation; however, the knees are quite restricted. Both his weapons are kinda lame. Although I like the paint job the Universe version did, the Henkei one is far more show accurate.

Basically, I don't feel that the new version is much of an improvement over the older one, overall.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Own both Hasbro versions. Cheetor is a bad toy. Seriously. Cheetah mode can only move the legs and tail, and falls apart easily. The robot mode ain't any better, with clown shoes and ungainly proportions.

Dinobot fares better, but that's because his design is better. The 'sword' is a laughable missile that refuses to stay stuck in the tail. Not as bad as Cheetor, but doesn't look impressive. The raptor mode looks kind of ugly, but the Henkei version had superior paintjob, no?

Dinobot is okay, I guess. But don't get him unless you REALLY like/want him. Cheetor really sucks.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Yeah. Dinobot was overall unimpressive, and iirc parts kept falling off. It's been a while though. I stuck it in a bucket and forgot its existence until you brought him up.
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

If you want a Cheetor, go looking for either the original BW toy or the Transmetals version. Universe Cheetor looks like they took all of the weaknesses of the previous versions and slapped them together.

I have Henkei! Dinobot, and I'm quite fond of him. The sword/missile is the only thing that's chromed on him, which helps make it a little more believable. He may not be really any better than the Telemocha reissue of the original, but he's still a decent interpretation of the character. (I love the faction switching gimmick on him, and can even be left blank!)

I'd say pick up Dinobot and Primal, but avoid Cheetor like the plague.
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!