Anna Nicole Smith 1967-2007

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
another tf fan

Anna Nicole Smith 1967-2007

Post by another tf fan »

I'm not a big fan of Anna Nicole, but it seems nothing could keep this woman from the spotlight.

The story evolves as i write this, but what a wonderfully twisted life she led.

I wonder how long her legacy will last.
Come on and wind me up.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Originally posted by rubicon
But in her memory, let's take a moment to enjoy this parody, to remind us of how much of a trainwreck she was.

Or not, if you happen to have any human decency at all...
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Legacy is stretching things a bit. I mean, she was at best a C-list celebrity and it's not like she created a cure for cancer or anything substantial. Not trying to be a prick or denigrate her death, but damn, if we absolutely have to worship celebrities, aren't there more worthwhile candidates?
Clay

Post by Clay »

I think it's quite poetic, really.

Golddigger marries billionaire.

Billionaire dies, golddigger doesn't immediately get any money thanks to billionaire's son contesting it.

Supreme court rules in favor of golddigger's marriage/inheritance claim.

Golddigger has child, paternity disputed by male golddiggers.

Golddigger dies before she can spend any money, money will likely go to a trust fund for the child and the male golddigger(s).

Seriously, you can't make that crap up. If it weren't real, nobody would believe it...

Really only feel sorry for the baby girl not having her momma around.
Civ

Post by Civ »

Originally posted by Clay
Really only feel sorry for the baby girl not having her momma around.

I hate to say it, I really do but I wonder if the baby girl isn't better off. I just hope the baby is put into a good home with stable parents.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Originally posted by Civ
I hate to say it, I really do but I wonder if the baby girl isn't better off. I just hope the baby is put into a good home with stable parents.

That's the thing - she's got a father, although the paternity is disputed. She'll end up with whomever the DNA tests say is her daddy, most likely.
Civ

Post by Civ »

Originally posted by Clay
That's the thing - she's got a father, although the paternity is disputed. She'll end up with whomever the DNA tests say is her daddy, most likely.

Oh, that's right. Well then, I hope whoever the father turns out to be is a good father.
redman prime

Post by redman prime »

I feel sorry for all the people that watched her show. that was real quality low brow entertainment...

I can say that because my girlfriend subjected me to it for some time. and DOG the bounty hunter.

But really, now you won't be able to watch A & E or E! without seeing Anna Nicole all over it..

but not the c. 1990 anna, the one that won her the billionaire, the Trimspa, Baby! Anna of the last few years......

Shame, really.
life is great. then you die and leave everything to your wife.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

I have to admit that when I was like 15 she was one of my fav models and playmates....its so strange how time can change things....

...and I can't believe I just admited this on a public forum.... :(
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

Originally posted by Bombshell

I kind of agree with you man, yeh she may have been a money grabbing gold digger but she wasn't evil and its sad to see someone die after 4-6 months of crap.

First her son died right infront of her 3 days after giving birth to her baby, then one of her ex's filed a paternity lawsuit against her to do with the kid, then another filed an eviction lawsuit trying to get her thrown out of the house she lived in.

Now yeah ok, she wasn't Mother Teresa BUT, thats alot of crap to go through, losing a son would be hard enough, and its sad that she ended up dying because of it (more than likely an overdose she died from) so I'm not going to jump on the band wagon of mocking her after death. Do I like her? No, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna throw decency out the window
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yeh, because we'd better airbrush her life, now she's dead. Seriously, I had nothing against the girl, she didn't have much going for her and made the best of it (and her life may have been troubled, but had its' compensations and an element of self-destruction to it, which is more than many get). But to suggest it's indecent to remember she was a bit of an arse? Ludicrous. She was a complete mess of a person, which was mainly her own fault, and yeh it's a shame she didn't get the chance (or have the willpower, whichever) to sort it all out and go on living, but fact remains she was a disaster (something which kept the money coming in later on).
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
She was a complete mess of a person, which was mainly her own fault, and yeh it's a shame she didn't get the chance (or have the willpower, whichever) to sort it all out and go on living, but fact remains she was a disaster (something which kept the money coming in later on).

Yeah, I agree. Hers wasn't a life lived well, but forgetting for a moment who it is we're talking about, the fact remains that we're talking about a human being that died way before her time. Regardless of who it was or the circumstances behind it, that alone makes this something that shouldn't be made fun of.

But hey, that's just me.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

The BBC News coverage is treating it as if Mother Terresa had died.

About ten minuets at lunchtime, with Clint Eastwood of all people being wheeled out to laud her (along with Kevin Costner and Brook Shields). Apparently she was the world's sweetheart or somesuch. As much as I'm sorry for her daughter and loved ones, this is the biggest over reaction to a celebrity death since Princess "I never meet a rich man I didn't like" Di.

And it's not even a slow news week, what with the Terror arrests, bird flu, the end of the peerage system ect...
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

I don't have a problem with lampooning her life, because her life truly was a wreck, but maybe just don't do it right away. The girl hasn't even begun to decompose yet, so it's probably a little soon to mock and satirize all the ways she f*cked up before she died young. Give it a week or so, then go for it, but for right now, best to just leave it alone. I can't, however, endorse the various people on TV adn online who are coming out of left field to talk about how great a person Smith was. She was a joke and a whore when she was alive, so why try to rewrite history?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Regardless of who it was or the circumstances behind it, that alone makes this something that shouldn't be made fun of.

Who here was making fun of her death again?
Clay

Post by Clay »

I wonder how much longer it'll be before a movie is announced...
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Didn't notice rubicon's post, did ya? OK, let me correct that mistake.
Originally posted by rubicon
But in her memory, let's take a moment to enjoy this parody, to remind us of how much of a trainwreck she was.
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

Didn't notice rubicon's post, did ya? OK, let me correct that mistake.

Didn't notice Cliffjumper's post did ya? OK, let me correct that mistake.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Exactly. Reposting a parody of someone's life does not equal making fun of their death. Nice attempt, but facts were stacked against you. I fail to see any jokes about collapsing/silicon working loose and rising to the brain/"must've slept on her back" or the sort. The woman's life was basically a joke, being reminded of her caused someone to bring up something summing up this perfectly. Would you rather we all lied and say she was a big loss, when the deaths of Frankie Laine, Willye White, Robert Meier, Toulo de Graffenried and Colin Thurston in the past six weeks alone put it in a bit more perspective?

Of course, the most ironic thing is this would slowly be floating down the forum if you hadn't blundered in being pious. So much for human decency, eh?
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Originally posted by Vin Ghostal
...The girl hasn't even begun to decompose yet...

Per court order.

Couldn't resist that joke.