Armada Vol. 3 out on DVD in the UK

Post by Denyer »

Attachments
transformers_vol3_dvd_f-c.jpg
transformers_vol3_dvd_f-c.jpg (40.94 KiB) Viewed 549 times
Thefallenone
Protoform

Post by Thefallenone »

I'D be more impressed if the Publishers off the DVDs would do a gift set the season split into 2 like the UK Season 2 was done (2 gift sets wit half the season in it)
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Yeah, I'm considering pointing out to the guy at Entertainment Rights that adults usually don't bother with releases that only contain two or three episodes. The reason stuff like the Trap Door set sells is because it's a one-stop purchase for the series.

On the other hand, every evidence is that very few older fans paid any attention to Armada as a series—I actually doubt it'd be financially worthwhile for them to put out season box sets.

If they have the license, full UK Beast Wars sets would be a much better seller.
Thefallenone
Protoform

Post by Thefallenone »

mmm... beast wars, would be nice to own as a gift set, i have the crappy Vol.1 (The Agenda and the next 4 epis) i want all the seasons to watch-RID has been completed-just need to hunt down Vol.2
dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Protoform

Post by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron »

Originally posted by Denyer
Yeah, I'm considering pointing out to the guy at Entertainment Rights that adults usually don't bother with releases that only contain two or three episodes. The reason stuff like the Trap Door set sells is because it's a one-stop purchase for the series.

On the other hand, every evidence is that very few older fans paid any attention to Armada as a series—I actually doubt it'd be financially worthwhile for them to put out season box sets.

If they have the license, full UK Beast Wars sets would be a much better seller.

Of course any fan would like a season boxed set, no doubt. Buying a DVD with just 3 eps seems like a total waste of money. Rhino started that way with BW here in the U.S. (2 volumes of 6 eps each) but changed shift with the season boxed sets, which was great. Totally glad I waited for them too.

I'm hoping that they release a season boxed set of of the new TMNT series instead of the 3 ep DVDs they're releasing now.