Site update: "G1" trademarks and whether Hasbro can currently use them or not

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

Site update: "G1" trademarks and whether Hasbro can currently use them or not

Post by Nevermore »

http://www.tfarchive.com/toys/trademark ... _intro.php

Many Advocaticons had to die to get this done. :D

NOTE: Please don't ask me for the status of names of toys Hasbro haven't done upgrades/homages of in the past five or so years. If Hasbro haven't even TRIED to use a name, I can't say for sure whether the name is currently available or not. So please no questions about "Kup", "Twin Twist", "Getaway" etc.

Also, please don't bother telling me "dood, Animated will have Blitzwing" or "There will be an Octane toy in Classics 2.0!" I know about those. When the toys come out, I will add them to the respective sections.

Aside from that, any corrections, suggestions and other comments are welcome. :)
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Clay

Post by Clay »

On the 2007 Soundwave reissue, Ravage is listed as "Battle Ravage TM" on the box, but the instruction sheet does indeed call him "Ravage (R)", with the registered mark.

Alternator Ravage #2 is listed as "Ravage (R)" on the box. Definitely seems they got the name back and registered it this time.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Actually, Ravage seems to be more complicated... but thanks for pointing this out. See update for more.

In short: As you pointed out, the instructions for the TRU Soundwave reissue and the packaging for the Wal*Mart exclusive Alternator both feature a circled "R" after the name "Ravage", as in "registered". The only problem here is that Hasbro don't have the name registered! Apparently someone spotted the error, because it was fixed in the Alternator's instructions which feature his name as "RavageTM". The packaging for the Robot Heroes Figure also sports a TM claim after the name, which would confirm that it was an error.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.