Seriously Now... Someone Explain Zero Hour To Me

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
CounterPunch
Protoform

Seriously Now... Someone Explain Zero Hour To Me

Post by CounterPunch »

well... zero hour has been one of my longest serving comics, i bought it back in 1997, and ive always taken it with a pinch of salt in terms of the "i dont know what happens before or after it" mentality, well last night i had a really quick flick through it and a few questions popped up...

first off, steel, kyle rayner and the flash (wally) died in zero hour, how come they came back to life?
second of all is the fact that i dont actually understand how it ends, as in what happens between the end of zero hour and the continuation of the normal comics...
Hound

Post by Hound »

Steel, Kyle and Wally came back because they had regular series to star in. Especially Wally, Mark Waid was writing that book and it was selling through the roof at the time.

Superman, and a couple of other heroes I forget about right now, put the universe back together at the end of the series, remember?

Every single regular series comic got a "Zero" issue. Kind of a retelling of that characters origins. I've got quite a few of them. It was also a start for a few other titles, most notably Starman by James Robinson. (Damned fine comic book if you ask me)

It also tried to resolve some continuity issues for characters like Hawkman, who were a complete mess, but didn't really accomplish anything.

Basically it's another one of Dan Jurgens bad ideas...
1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

You did read Zero Hour in the correct order, did you?
That's 4>3>2>1>0
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

yeah i got it in trade form, its just that you know, theres no explaination as to how wally steel and so on came back to life, i know that all the heros used their powers (that was channeled through damage) to recreate the universe how it was, but then you have the questions of stuff like why is impulse still in the past when he should have been put back in the future