• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > COMMUNITY > Other Toys, Cartoons & Comics

Old 2017-03-19, 03:48 PM   #1021
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Not something I've bought (yet) as I prefer and hacked together an older Babs, but apparently last year the Oracle in the ~15 years old Bird of Prey set got an update via an Arkham Knight two pack:

http://www.actionfigurebarbecue.com/...rl-oracle.html

https://i.imgur.com/zzx3qcM.jpg

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-22, 03:47 AM   #1022
Tetsuro
One with the Matrix

Suomi Finland Perkele

Soul of Chogokin GX-12 Venus A.

In one hand, I wish I'd waited a little longer so I could've bought Diana A instead (since that one crops up at an affordable price quite a bit less frequently, and Mandarake suddenly had her in stock the day this one entered the country) - but in the other, this completes the "hero" cast of Great Mazinger since I already had that, Boss Borot, and Robot Junior from Evolution Toys, so at least I've got that going on.

Still, that's two down and two more to go. Regarding the Mazinger lady bots, that is.

Tetsuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-24, 04:25 PM   #1023
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo

It's been a while since I bought something that wasn't a Transformer (or an amiibo for that matter). Walmart has been clearing out their 6" Black Series figs since the Rogue One stuff has been clogging the pegs, so I found K-2SO for <$10. Considered him several times over but couldn't convince myself to bite on a $20 figure with no accessories. Glad I waited!!!

K2 is very tall - Vader and Phasma only come to his shoulder - and also very thin. He's still got interesting articulation that's hard to describe... his shoulders are quite standard, but there's swivel joints on the arms and legs everywhere. If you've seen the movie you'll know K2 has hollow elbows, knees, and ankles, which Hasbro addressed with hinge joints held together by clear plastic pins. It's really fantastic to look at and incredibly unique. The neck joint is a double-ball - one between the shoulders and one in the head socket. For a droid he's got a bunch of neat features and articulation I haven't seen yet, considering all the humanoids of the line feature the same basic articulation system (which is pretty much the same as the Marvel Legends figs too).

The paint apps are great too, with silver dings and dents all over, buttons with detail, and great molded definition everywhere. He looks appropriately... used. The whites of the eyes are super bright on the matte black plastic to boot, giving him a ghostly white look. Overall, I'm really pleased he's on my shelf, as he's a marvel of a figure and fun character from the flick.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9979-6466
Nintendo Network ID: rondo52
ganon578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-25, 11:36 AM   #1024
HeavyArms
Unicron

Karingal, Victoria, Australia

Just a Lego Tartan Batman mini-figure that is included in a Lego Batman Movie activity book.

Destruction is my specialty
HeavyArms is offline   Reply With Quote