[CUSTOM] A Transformers Swordfish

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
optimusskids
Protoform

[KITBASH] A Transformers Swordfish

Post by optimusskids »

Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Ooooh... I wouldn't; the 1/72 Swordish is somewhere between 150% and 200% the size of Divebomb/Ransack. The Albatros mould isn't far off 1/72, but the IRL wingspan is 9m compared to the ~15m of the Swordfish, and as the roundels run close to the width of the wing and depth of the fuselage they'd be too big for the TF. You'd have more luck going for either of Revel's current 1930s biplane RAF fighters (Gladiator & Fury) and just fudging up some Fleet Air Arm serials - IIRC the roundels were the same apart from when we were operating in the Pacific near the end of the war too close to Americans to chance having any red on the planes.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

I've more a mind to put the swordfish pieces over the top of Divebomb

He's going to be a fugly robot then the Divebomb is not going to win any beauty contests anytime soon

Process so far has been ok the wings are going to be the tricky bit.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

I heart Cliffy.

I really wanted to do this but gave up after checking the sizes of all the bi planes I could find in my local model shop and Boyes. Tempted to try again though.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

optimusskids wrote:I've more a mind to put the swordfish pieces over the top of Divebomb

He's going to be a fugly robot then the Divebomb is not going to win any beauty contests anytime soon

Process so far has been ok the wings are going to be the tricky bit.
Reshelling? I'd be more tempted to go for a similar-sized plane with a cowled engine, similar wing-shape and so on and fudge it once again. But what do I know? Can't wait to see this.

Actually, looking at the way Ransack's made it probably wouldn't be impossible to take completely the opposite approach - cut the Swordfish model up into exactly the same proportions and scavenge head/arm/knee mechanisms from something else, especially if you could find one of the tricked-out arty kits that have moving tailplanes.

I do wish I'd hoovered up a load of Ransacks and Divebombs when they were reduced everywhere... having a whole Jasta of the guy in various genuine colours would be pretty awesome.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

First glimpse before I've filed off the rough edges and made with the paint

optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

electro girl

Post by electro girl »

This is gonna look great.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!