Bumblebee #2 preview

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Denyer

Bumblebee #2 preview

Post by Denyer »

http://forum.idwpublishing.com/viewtopic.php?t=7264

Can't say anything polite about it so I'm not going to try.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I still haven't seen issue #1 yet, but Bumblebee's character development from the big crying girl in AHM 16 must have been amazing to get him to the point he's at here...

EDIT: Blooming hell, even the vegetables at the IDW board don't like it. A harbringer of the end days surely?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

Oh dear. And it was going moderately well for a bit.

Cant say I'm looking forward to this issue at all now. Whoever is editing this stuff really, REALLY needs to start showing a guiding hand. Blurs design is so different in both visual and personality that I'd understand if they used a new name.

As a marvel analogy, imagine in one x-men comic wolverine (hot rod) was his normal agro self and then in another which was part of the same universe and plotline he appeared as a gibberish spouting idiot in a completely different outfit. Sounds silly? Thats how this looks.

I may stop buying these comics... Never thought they could put me off so much with a five page preview but the lack of care being shown is saddening.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

The ongoing at least had a rather interesting plot. The movie tie-ins had the movie to lean on.

This one... it's like trying to compete with the ongoing. I mean, if they can't even decide which body to use and whatnot, why bother? The art is sub-par as well.

Eesh.
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

Minor possible chance of redemption: according to ongoing 3 the attack on blur in that issue happens before issue 1 of bumblebee. Bearing in mind that the events of bumblebee occur over the space of a week (at least it seems that way) it's unlikely that blur is actually running from the attack in issue 3 of ongoing. More likely blur meets up with hot rod in issue 4 of ongoing and hot rods overall unit gets attacked making blur hit the road again. This might be the situation. Doesn't explain the new alt mode but it's a start.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Red Dave Prime wrote: As a marvel analogy, imagine in one x-men comic wolverine (hot rod) was his normal agro self and then in another which was part of the same universe and plotline he appeared as a gibberish spouting idiot in a completely different outfit. Sounds silly? Thats how this looks.
I don't want to in any way excuse IDW's stupid, ham-fisted, cash-hungry cretinous whoring output, but I will say that this did kinda happen fairly often (best results were possibly when Grant Morrison was writing one title and seemed to consider letting other writers and editors know what he was doing with characters was somewhat beneath him). It was roundabout when readers stopped giving a shit and buying the comics IIRC, and Marvel shifted their focus to the Ultimate stuff and a big crossover every year where everyone was so out of character people didn't know where to start with the criticism in the first place.

I reckon we're getting an Ultimate TF book in six months or so, probably called Transformers: REGENERATED or TRANSFORMERS MAX TO THE EXTREME as one desperate last roll of the dice from IDW. It'll bang on about being Transformers as we've never seen them before, but it'll basically be the G1 cartoon with the slight difference that every now and then a Euro exclusive or G2 character will turn up and get killed violently.