All Hail Megatron #7 5-Page Preview

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
zigzagger

All Hail Megatron #7 5-Page Preview

Post by zigzagger »

5-page preview for All Hail Megatron #7 is up at comicscontinuum.com.
The second volume of AHM starts (or rather, continues) February 4th.
Read all about it here

EDIT

Mirrored

ImageImageImageImageImage
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

I must say, Guidi does a pretty nice job recapturing Su's designs. Very nice. Even uses the -tions head design for Megatron (which I perfer).
MeGrimlock
Protoform

Post by MeGrimlock »

Isn't this the issue with some pages illustrated by EJ Su?
I seem to recall that page 1 lineart appeared on Tipton's blog, announcing EJ's work.
But maybe I'm confusing two different ads. :(

Edit: it's true, see here. I'd say pages 1-4 have been drawn by Ej.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Ah, I missed that (especially since he is not credited in the above article). Still, it's nice to see some work from Su again, despite my own reservations of AHM. Of all his (re)designs, his Megatron (subtly different as it may be) was/is one of my favourites.

So, is this an attempt to placate the readers of old? ;)
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Do you think the rest of the issue will remember Bombshell was working under Soundwave before the Decepticons came to Earth?
MeGrimlock
Protoform

Post by MeGrimlock »

I bet someone will say that THAT Bombshell was totally unrleated or Spotlight: Blaster took place in the future, together with SL Wheelie and... :P

Su was not credited in the solicitations either. Is it me or the same thing happened with Coller in issue 5?
borg72

Post by borg72 »

I too loved EJ's designs, they are (no pun intended) 'the bomb'. But re-using them here for the flashbacks only begs the question - yet again - why change the seekers altmodes back to F-15s? clearly they weren't retconned*, so it just makes it all the more arbitrary...

good to see a bit more of thundercracker getting angst-y. It' a nice twist on him that still leaves him as a hardcore decepticon, rather than an autobot sympathiser.

Also, why did I buy issues 1-6? Anyone? Really, anyone? No? Me either.

(*hope I've used this word correctly)
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

MeGrimlock wrote:Su was not credited in the solicitations either. Is it me or the same thing happened with Coller in issue 5?
It's catch-up art, not planned. Don't know whether Guido's got real life stuff to contend with or he just isn't very quick.
StarscreamX
Protoform

Post by StarscreamX »

I like what I'm seeing so far. It seems this issue will focus more on the Transformers (Whatever Mccarthy;'s pros and cons one thing I think both his fans and detractors will agree on is this: His human characters are TERRIBLE).

Some additional characterisation of the Cons too. Thundercracker has perhaps received more personality in his few brief appearances so far in AHM than he did in everything beforehand. He's clearly an ideological member of the Decepticons in contrast to some of the more trigger happy "In it for the carnage" types we've seen. And Skywarp remains the sycophant to rival the original Starscream, afraid to step on the toes of people in authority.

Quick question: Is the blue con who Megatron put in charge of the "Insecitcon" breeding program a new character or one we've seen before? He looks vaguely fammiliar but I can't place him.
Decepticons forever!

Across the universe...the dead will rise :devil:

The secrets of the Universe reveal themselves to those who listen

Nobody likes you when you're dead
Hennessy
Protoform

Post by Hennessy »

StarscreamX wrote:I like what I'm seeing so far. It seems this issue will focus more on the Transformers (Whatever Mccarthy;'s pros and cons one thing I think both his fans and detractors will agree on is this: His human characters are TERRIBLE).

Some additional characterisation of the Cons too. Thundercracker has perhaps received more personality in his few brief appearances so far in AHM than he did in everything beforehand. He's clearly an ideological member of the Decepticons in contrast to some of the more trigger happy "In it for the carnage" types we've seen. And Skywarp remains the sycophant to rival the original Starscream, afraid to step on the toes of people in authority.

Quick question: Is the blue con who Megatron put in charge of the "Insecitcon" breeding program a new character or one we've seen before? He looks vaguely fammiliar but I can't place him.
It looks like Deluge

http://tfu.info/1993/Decepticon/Deluge/deluge.htm
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

StarscreamX wrote:Quick question: Is the blue con who Megatron put in charge of the "Insecitcon" breeding program a new character or one we've seen before? He looks vaguely fammiliar but I can't place him.
Looks to be vaguely modelled on Mirage. Slightly reminiscent of the Alternator version. Likely just a randomly invented generic. Maybe he's Drift's eeeeevil brother?

[EDIT] Yeah. Or Deluge. Possibly Deluge.
StarscreamX
Protoform

Post by StarscreamX »

Yes, having read the profile the guy sounds like Deluge in that he's a smart type, but a twisted one. Fits the profile of someone who would take pleasure in making something like Bombshell.
Decepticons forever!

Across the universe...the dead will rise :devil:

The secrets of the Universe reveal themselves to those who listen

Nobody likes you when you're dead