Botcon 2002 Unicron statue!

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Osku
Protoform

Re: Botcon 2002 Unicron statue!

Post by Osku »

Originally posted by Bombshell
Size compared to PVC's
And how big is a PVC? In centimeters, please. :)
Dinobot

Post by Dinobot »

Awesome. How can I get one of these?
"Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."
Dinobot - Code Of Hero
Grandmaster Shockwaeve
Protoform

Post by Grandmaster Shockwaeve »

A PVC is 7-8 cm.

It's very cool, but does anyone else think they could have chosen a better pose?

I doubt you can still get one of those... you could order one as part of preregistration for BC2002, or on the website for $150, but I think it was pretty limited...
Hang on to your ego.
Starscreamsghost

Post by Starscreamsghost »

Great statue...but like GS said, a better pose would have been nice, and in addition, is that supposed to be Cybertron he's standing on? Must be one of Cybertron's flat open praries...
Denyer

Check out...

Post by Denyer »

...eBay shortly after BotCon if you're really serious, but it'll cost ya.

edit: Nope, I ain't very impressed personally. It seems to be about as detailed as a PVC, just larger. Especially the wings.
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

I don't think the pose is too bad. I'm guessing centre of Gravity to avoid falling over and such had to be considerations in making a PVC that huge.
Denyer

Um...

Post by Denyer »

...isn't it painted resin, or pewter, or summat?
PrimeTarget
Protoform

Post by PrimeTarget »

i think it was going for 300$ , i mean its cool but thats a crazy price
PrimeTarget

Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Not bad, not bad at all.
The Green Knight

Post by The Green Knight »

It's nice, but the price range is insane. I don't care how unique it is; it's still a dustcollector.

I think they should have done everything in their power to get Neo-Unicron instead of a statue.
patapinko
Protoform

Unicron

Post by patapinko »

Ok, I want to clear a few things up about the statue.

1) it is over 14 1/2 " tall and about 12" wide (with the wings).

2) It is made by the people at Hard Hero Enterprises, the ones responsible for the awesome busts.

3) It is made of cold cast porcelain, similar to resin.

4) It is only available if you order from the Botcon website. You don't have to attend the convention to get it though. They will ship it to you if you aren't going.

5) it is only limited to about 2,000 pcs.

6) it is $150 plus shipping (if you need it). That may seem like alot but compare it to the Bowen busts or statues.

I've already ordered mine. Yeah $150 is alot of money but look at what you are getting. Is it Neo-Unicron? No. But it is Unicron. And it may not look very detailed in the pictures but I have all of the released busts and they do an awesome job. They all look great, especially Megatron and the upcoming Ironhide bust. You can only assume that the Unicron statue would be just as good. Hard Hero is also working on a number of busts that they don't have listed an their website and a statue of Arcee is in the works. :D There is no doubt in my mind that this piece is going to rock and be worth the money.

It may be a dust collector as one person put it, but it's a display piece and a darn good one. Check out the Botcon website for all of the info on it. Most of what's in this thread is incorrect information. And no I don't work for Botcon or Hard Hero. I just noticed that the people on this thread were blasting the piece on mis-information.
Alan
Protoform

horns on his head

Post by Alan »

the horns on his head are too long.

-Alan (Astrotrain)