Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Thefallenone
Protoform

Views On Unicron

Post by Thefallenone »

whats your view off Unicron???
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

I'd imagine that the view off Unicron would be quite spectacular. Of course you'd need probably need some sort of correctly-pressurised suit and some breathing apparatus... but still - view of space, that's hardly gonna be teh suck.
Thefallenone
Protoform

Post by Thefallenone »

HA HA HA i mean how you view Unicron as

a. a character
b. a Plot device
c. don't know don't care
d. hes my Hubby(for the weird ones)

me??

it's

A:laugh:
got yer going their you thought i would write D <for dunce>:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
RUNAMOK
Protoform

Post by RUNAMOK »

an evil god
a great plotdivice
a character
and a good toy
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

An overused plot device that only leads to contrived deus ex machina resolutions, and gets less and less awe inspiring every time he's trotted out.

Unicron's become the easy option whenever some apocalyptic threat is needed, or when they require a catalyst for some new evil to develop.
Thefallenone
Protoform

Post by Thefallenone »

Great response Runamok, thats what i'm looking for heart brend Kid, (just need to get more shelfs up one for him <black+yellow>):) ;)
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

"Unicrons just zis guy you know..." ;)
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
houndstreak
Protoform

Post by houndstreak »

It must have got a bit lonely being that big and all. :)

How that heck did Primacron build him and give him the ability to reform robots?:confused:
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Don Glut wrote it. logic has no place there.

M'eh, same as Brend pretty much... fairly mysterious in the Movie, though a bit of a plot machine, impressive the first two times Marvel used him [well, okay, first and third, if we're being stodgy old farts and actually not ignoring Aspects of Evil as the pile of crap it was], since then overused to the point of utter boredom.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

His grand return at the end of Beast Wars Neo was really cool. Remember, this was before Armada and the Dreamwave comics and the toy and the over-exposure. He hadn't been seen (in the cartoon universe) since 2010, so his second coming was quite the event.

He's been run into the ground lately, though.
SynjoDeonecros
Protoform

Post by SynjoDeonecros »

Ah, Unicron. My 'master'. A giant horned yo-yo without a string with a god complex and social issues.

Though most likely unintentional, the whole Transformers movie was a very good rip-off of the Fantastic Four's first confrontation with Galactus (with Unicron as the World-Eater, of course), and except for his occasional devouring of celestial bodies and transformation and attack on Cybertron, he didn't really do much to be deemed a 'big bad'. And, although I haven't seen his appearance in Beast Wars Neo (I know, I'm severely deprived of anime goodness *cries*), every other appearance that I've seen or heard of him has played upon this stereotype: floating around in space, chomping on some random planet or moon like a jawbreaker now and again, and generally sitting on his metallic duff using his 'minions' to do his dirty work unless the occasion arises where he needs to transform and bust some chops. It's not so much the overexposure that I hate (I admit, our 'relationship' is that of love/hate...usually in equal shares), it's the fact that he's used, pretty much, as backsetting until they need him to transform and stomp some ass. To paraphrase an infamous Transformer MST2K parody quote: 'Ze whole point ov makink a giant transformink planet iz to zhare it vith ze VORLD! VHY are you tryink to hide it?' If they played him as an actual VILLAIN instead of the bald, eccentric professor behind the curtain ('The Wizard's not here! Go away, go away!'), then I'd dare say that he'd be more interesting. But from where I'm standing, they majorly slagged with him from the start...

(*TCHNNNNNKKKK* How'd the hell did you get in my head, you pompous son of a slagheap! *GGGGYEAAAAHHHH!!!* Okay, okay! More 'Survivor' reruns, coming up! Jeez...That oversized pinball is gonna REGRET doing that to me... ) (:wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :laugh: )
Weakness is strength.
Ignorance is knowledge.
Death is life.
For there can be no strength without weakness...
No knowledge without ignorance...
No life without death...
And no light...without darkness...

"Unicron, my master. With this, I will make you...my slave..." Galvatron, Transformers: The Movie
Infecticon
Protoform

Post by Infecticon »

I can't make up my mind about Unicron one way or the other. At times I feel that he is a great plot device who should have manipulated things behind the scenes more through out the series and let it lead up to the movie. Then at other times I feel he is an overused plot device who's going to end up being done to death. Personally, I'm still waiting for a transformer writer to remember that Generation 2 also gave us a possible 'ultimate' villain : the Liege Maximo (who may not be the God of Chaos...but if you believe the origin of Unicron given in the third season episode 'Call of the primates', neither was Unicron).
" It doesn't matter if you win or lose,
it's how much damage you cause to
the other party."