Japanese Transformers Animated Intro

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Grayfox
Protoform

Japanese Transformers Animated Intro

Post by Grayfox »

zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

A bit over the top, though a strangely infectious tune.

Don't get me wrong, the anime-inspired tone is charming, but I just can't get past this nagging feeling when viewing this that Takaratomy (or who ever is involved) is kind of missing the point. But, meh, whatever. It's flashy and colourful. I'm sure it'll hook the kiddies in.

Loved the seeker clones doing their little pirouette, or salute, or whatever it is they're doing.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

zigzagger wrote:Loved the seeker clones doing their little pirouette, or salute, or whatever it is they're doing.
It's a reference to "Dweller in the Depths" and therefore beyond criticism.

I do like the way the Japanese are basically trying to pretend it's a completely different show. I couldn't even spot that stupid little bitch (not Bumblebee, the other one). It reminds me of seeing an episode of Transformers 2010 on laserdisc (I think) around a friend's house a few years ago - it had the same sort of "we haven't had to pay for this, so let's go mental on the titles" thing going on, lots of fast-paced shots of awesome poses with the same sort of high-energy, quite brilliant in its' way, and then *BAM* some AKOM bullshit like "Carnage in C-Minor" or the one about what a dick Grimlock is. Style whiplash doesn't cover it...
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Cliffjumper wrote:It's a reference to "Dweller in the Depths" and therefore beyond criticism.
Really? Which part is it referencing?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

zigzagger wrote:Really?
No.

Anyone else really ****ing glad Kiss Players died before TakaraTomy got their hands on Sari?
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

I know I am.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

I hope they make an Omega Supreme figure. I could see them making a Japanese version, considering the BW Neo stuff.
glazios

Post by glazios »

Savannahtron wrote:I hope they make an Omega Supreme figure. I could see them making a Japanese version, considering the BW Neo stuff.
F***, YES PLEASE!!! Hell, that's bought-and-paid-for before they've even MADE the damn thing.

Also, anyone else thinking that making minor characters (Arcee, the *actual* Ironhide) seem like main characters in the titles was a really-f***in'-bad idea? That's gonna generate some backlash by the end of the first season's run...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

How? The G1 Season 3 end titles featured Jazz. The Rebirth ones featured the Duocons, Blaster and Rodimus Prime. The 2010 ones featured (Red) Alert, Smokescreen and Tracks, not to mention Broadside, Blitzwing and Sandstorm. The Gundam ZZ ones featured Amuro Ray (and Char, IIRC). I don't think most expect cartoon title sequences to particularly represent what's actually going on in the cartoon itself... Anyone bothered by that sort of inconsistency is likely to be more irked by the considerably different animation style and the amount of time devoted to a small idiot not shown in the titles explaining keepaway/Christmas/the offside rule to another small idiot who does appear in the titles but at least isn't saying anything.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

I like how Blitzwing, clearly in Egypt, fires a laser blast which is blocked by Ironhide, who is clearly in Australia.

Some range on that guy.

Or how everyone's in DC, then Ultra Magnus slams his hammer into some barren wasteland, which powers up Optimus Prime who appears to be in New York.

The "world tour" thing was cool until you actually try to pay attention to the narrative flow of the intro, but I don't think the kids are gonna do that.

Anyway, I've already watched the first episode of the series in Japanese.

Script is pretty faithful, but CRAP they cut out two to three minutes from every episode to make room for the Otoboto family stuff. Kind of annoying.
Grayfox
Protoform

Post by Grayfox »

Japanese Animated ep 1: a complete list of cuts and changes:

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Transform_and_Ro ... 8Part_1.29
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Intro isn't bad, typical japanese drama crap of characters struggling around fighting the enemies with a heroic, catchy pop theme playing. It also makes zero sense, and makes zero characters hero characters.

What's bad is cutting 2-3 minutes from each episode, as reported, to make room for that godawful clip with the japanese family.

Also LOVE how both in here and tfw2005, some guy\random dudes insist that we should get Omega Supreme out of this line. And they would pay full price for it. And show up months later complaining it never goes on clearance at 70% off so they could buy two and sell on fee-bay...and...oh wait, wrong topic? Close, but no. :lol:
glazios

Post by glazios »

Cliffjumper wrote:How? The G1 Season 3 end titles featured Jazz. The Rebirth ones featured the Duocons, Blaster and Rodimus Prime. The 2010 ones featured (Red) Alert, Smokescreen and Tracks, not to mention Broadside, Blitzwing and Sandstorm. The Gundam ZZ ones featured Amuro Ray (and Char, IIRC). I don't think most expect cartoon title sequences to particularly represent what's actually going on in the cartoon itself... Anyone bothered by that sort of inconsistency is likely to be more irked by the considerably different animation style and the amount of time devoted to a small idiot not shown in the titles explaining keepaway/Christmas/the offside rule to another small idiot who does appear in the titles but at least isn't saying anything.
Hmm... I guess you have a point there...

*shrugs* Touche, Cliffy...
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

I enjoyed that. I hate how much of a sucker I am for j-pop
I like bears.
Preda

Post by Preda »

This is awesome. JAM Project kicks ass. How come that japanese intros are so damn awesome compared to american or european versions of the same thing? Seems to be a natural law or something.

1.) Gravity
2.) Japanese Intros kick ass.
3.) ...