Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Grayfox
Protoform

IDW June 2012 Solicitations

Post by Grayfox »

Sigh, hes back already...xP

Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #6

"(W) James Roberts (A) Nick Roche (CA) Alex Milne, Nick Roche
James Roberts (w) o Alex Milne (a) o Milne, Nick Roche © MADNESS IN SPACE! A rescued Autobot loses his grip and it's up to Hot Rod's questing team to stop him-before the damage becomes irreparable! This is surely one of the most intense Transformers tales ever committed to paper!"
Transformers: Robots in Disguise #6

"(W) John Barber (A) Livio Ramondelli (CA) Casey Coller, Livio Ramondelli
John Barber (w) o Livio Ramondelli (a) o Ramondelli, Casey Coller © ONCE HE WAS: OPTIMUS PRIME! The Autobot gave up his title-returned to his role as ORION PAX! But that doesn't mean the fight's over! A shattered planet leads Pax and a squad of fan favorite characters on the trail of the deadliest Decepticon of all… SHOCKWAVE!"
Transformers: More than Meets the Eye TPB Volume 1

"(W) James Roberts (A) Nick Roche, Alex Milne (CA) Alex Milne
James Roberts (w) o Nick Roche & Alex Milne (a) Alex Milne © The ultimate Transformers saga begins here! More Than Meets The Eye reunites the fan-favorite creative team behind Last Stand of the Wreckers and sends the Transformers on an epic quest to the farthest reaches of the Transformers Universe and beyond! Also includes the one-shot Death of Optimus Prime."
Transformers: Classics UK Volume 3

"(W) Simon Furman, James Hill (A) Geoff Senior & Various (CA) Andrew Wildman
Simon Furman & James Hill (w) o Geoff Senior, Jeff Anderson, Ron Smith, &Will Simpson (a) o Andrew Wildman © These vintage TF UK stories are presented in order, many published for the first time in the United States! Writer and life-long TF fan James Roberts provides in-depth historical front matter in each volume, and TF UK artist Andrew Wildman provides new covers!"
Looks like the story in RiD is switching to focus on Optimus for a little bit. (assuming that "shattered planet" isn't Cybertron) And YES, more of Shockwave! Also, Roche is doing art for at least one more issue of MtMtE!
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Roche is definitely drawing it? I'm finding the credits listing a bit confusing.

I'm somewhat cheesed off the UK Classics books are doing issues out of sequence already. If it's for space reasons surely it wouldn't have been that upsetting to have Wanted... in this book and the rest of Galvatron Thinks He's In You Only Live Twice and Ancient Relics in book 4?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

inflatable dalek wrote:I'm somewhat cheesed off the UK Classics books are doing issues out of sequence already.
I like the resigned "already" - we knew IDW were going to **** the thing in the arse sooner or later, but it would have been nice if they'd held off until crap like Space Pirates and Time Wars, eh?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Are they missing stuff out? If so, I may as well cancel the Amazon orders. Only got the first volume so far. Stu, if you've got V2, any material apart from the strips? Any sign they're going to reprint Ancient Relics and not just the TF issue?

I'll put issue names into the top post in a minute. Looks like Roche is back on this issue or arc... cool beans. Mind you, Rodimus has jumped back to Hot Rod in the copy...

I wonder if Prime's return was planned to be this early?

MTMTE #6 is presumably exploring WTF happened to Skids...
inflatable dalek

Denyer wrote:Are they missing stuff out? If so, I may as well cancel the Amazon orders. Only got the first volume so far. Stu, if you've got V2, any material apart from the strips? Any sign they're going to reprint Ancient Relics and not just the TF issue?
As far as I'm aware they're not missing anything out, unless something's changed since they announced having done a deal with Marvel over the use of Death's Head, so it just looks as if (for whatever reason) they've switched Ancient Relics to go in front of Wanted... Which buggers up the chance to have the whole series in proper chronological order on the shelf. And if this is being done because they didn't want to break up that storyline across two books, there's a good chance of it happening again as the odds of there being another story that won't quite fit at the end of one of the other five has to be fairly good.

With Ancient Relics we were promised the whole thing, and the Megs/Centurion fight on the cover was in the AF issues IIRC.

I do think the excellent Roberts write up is now very firmly the main reason to be buying these now.

EDIT: Book 2 is actually in stock at The Book Depository.

EDIT: And shouldn't the blurb for the MTMTE trade say "More Than Meets The Eye reunites the fan-favorite creative team behind Last Stand of the Wreckers before one of them finds something better to do after one issue and we bring in the bloke behind Megatron Origin'?
inflatable dalek

The Classic UK book rejigs the order a bit as well, Victory! is after Dinobot Hunt rather than with the rest of the second Annual.