Amber Benson's "Gryphon" (finally) on Sci Fi

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
LKW
Protoform

Amber Benson's "Gryphon" (finally) on Sci Fi

Post by LKW »

Sorry I didn't think to post this sooner; but, for those who might be interested and have access, America's Sci Fi Channel is finally airing the film Amber Benson made for them, "Gryphon", tonight. It's on at 9 PM eastern time, with a re-broadcast at 1 AM, and more probably to follow at some point. First heard about this movie quite a while ago; thought I might send out word to anyone who might be interested that it's finally showing up.
13thScorpio

Post by 13thScorpio »

Watched it,did not think too much of it.If it came from a book, might read it though.I can't say too much for the sci-fi channels movies...only BSG.
LKW
Protoform

Post by LKW »

Yeah, it was... all right. I've definitely seen far worse from Sci Fi. Effects-wise... not great, but not as bad as, say, "S.S. Doomtrooper". The script wasn't bad - I've seen some real groaners on Sci Fi; this definitely wasn't one of them. It just wasn't especially memorable or impressive, and I certainly didn't find it to be really surprising.

But, Amber did have a very large role - definitely equal lead of the movie, with Jonathan LaPaglia. And she had probably more action scenes in "Gryphon" than during her entire time on Buffy. She did a good job with her acting (of course), she looked great, and her voice was quite different - I don't think she was trying for a British accent, exactly (but there wasn't any consensus accent in the movie, anyway - a little like the 90's version of "Man in the Iron Mask" in that way), but her voice was nearly unrecognizable, and interesting. It was a nice lead role for her, anyway.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Is it me, or does "Amber Benson's Gryphon" sound insanely rude? In a good way?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
LKW
Protoform

Post by LKW »

Originally posted by inflatable dalek
Is it me, or does "Amber Benson's Gryphon" sound insanely rude? In a good way?

*chuckle*

I suppose that could be a good name for Cliffjumper's Amber Benson page; though it could be false advertising, depending on what you think it means.
inflatable dalek

How did she look in the film? When I meet her a few years ago she was looking far, far to skinny. Definately needed some meat on her bone.
LKW
Protoform

Post by LKW »

You MET Ms. Benson? Teh cool. :) (Have I been here long enough to say "teh"?)

It was a little hard to tell exactly her weight, as she was in chainmail through much of the movie. Eventually, we do see a lot of collarbone... Judging from her face, I'd say she weighed less than during at least most of her Buffy days, but she didn't seem alarmingly skinny either - I think we saw enough to be able to tell that. So, if she is (as of then - I think this was filmed like a year ago) in a healthy place - good for her.
inflatable dalek

She was wearing chainmail? Grrrrrrrr.