Come on Bolton

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Lord Zarak

Come on Bolton

Post by Lord Zarak »

Not been a classic, but hey!

Extra time. I'm missing Buzzcocks for this!
redman prime

Post by redman prime »

sorry for the buzzcocks.

I'm watching the tape delay now, it's the 104th minute and almunia just snared a headed free kick off his line!
great match, if i may say...

EDIT: never mind, freddie just scored.

EDIT #2: and julio baptista just missed their second penalty!!!

EDIT #3: and then adebayor finishes it.

Weird Game.
life is great. then you die and leave everything to your wife.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Good game. Slightly bent ref, but very fast game, which was fun. And Adebayor has to be one of the most comic strikers in the game - comedy deflection, open goal miss, inability to stay onside, celebrating a gifted goal from a two-on-one in the dying seconds like he'd just won the world cup (where, incidentally, he was even funnier, spending all of Togo's group matches in the other team's penalty area, berating his midfield). My only real problem was that I was cream crackered last night, and if Bolton were planning on ****ing losing anyway, couldn't they have done it in 90 minutes rather than 120?

Arsenal must be thankful it didn't go to penalties, though. Was there a particularly abusive Trotters fan in the back row or something?
redman prime

Post by redman prime »

It was a pretty good game, but i got the tape delayed version, edited to fit in two hours but still being two hours of game and a full intro and a full halftime.

That's the magic of the FA cup, i guess.. at least that's how it's billed on the only channel that has english soccer on it.

football is great
life is great. then you die and leave everything to your wife.
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

:lol: *Laughs at Lord Zarak for retatde thread title* :lol:

Great game. Both teams played good attacking football, both were physical but fair and both were determined.

The game had everything, god goals, 2 penality misses, a missed open goal, lots of chances, both sides hitting the post, a dive, good reffing, a great save and ton of drama.

Arsenal look strong now. Very strong. It was a mocked up defence, 2nd choice goalie, a second string central midfield and 2nd choice forwards.

Almunia looked great today. In fact he's looked great all season. He's always been a fantastic shot stopped with amazing reflexes but his comand of the area much stronger and he deals with dangerous crosses with ease now. I feel safe with him in goal.

Clichy- He's been our bets player for a couple of months no. Great defensive ability (I always said he'll get there), he's had to round good brain and ball control an is amazing in attack. Just needs to improve his crosses a bit.

Toure- At times great and like a lot of games this season has crap laspes in concentration or ****s up. It never used to happen, I think mental fatigue. he's easily played the most minutes in an Arsenal shirt over the last 3 years.

Djourou-Fine game. You can't buy experience but when him Senderos and Toure get a few more years of efendive experience they will be immense. Solid job and he has all the tools to be a great defener.

Gilberto- Very solid. A very good centre back. A great Captai too. He lifts the team much better thn Henry does. I think he should be our Captain personnally so Henry can get back to just focusing on goals and can get those extra 20 mins of rest a game becasue Wenger can take him off.

Diaby-Woah. Still lots to learn but he quietly bossed a very tough midfield. Strong, fast (Fatser than Vieira was) good tackle and good team player. Looks the real thing physically and talent wise.

Denilson. Amazing. The kid looks better than Fabregas at times. The complete midfielder. Great pass, great tackle, good reader of the game, stamps his authority on the pitch, great cross, great shoot, unselfish, great technique, great when running with the ball and has pace to burn. I think he and Clichy look the fastest with the ball at their feet. Fabregas has a better vision and pass, but Denilson has a better tackle, more strength and tons of pace.

Hleb. had a great game. Fast, able to switch direction and make holes in the oppostions lines, worked hard did great. Hleb's greatets skill is he seemingly opens space up easily when boxed in. He's also physically a lot stronger and that aids his improved ability to retain the ball.

Rosicky. He really looks ****ing excellent now. Devestating, hard working, fast with the ball at his feet and dangerous at all times. He has really come into his own in the last month and looks as good as Pires at his best but with a better engine and harder work ethic. Of course he isn't quite as great a finisher as Pires but I'd argue Pires was the best finisher I've seen at Arsenal.

Baptistia- I sure hope he stays. He adds something. He has a instinct, a nack for being in good posistions, selfless team play, he opens up defences, frightens defendersand puts them on the back foot. Forces errors, open gaps, physically drives the ball forward an wins lots of balls both on the ground and in the air. He had a **** game with his finishing, however he had a great game in every other aspect. He won free kicks forced defenders back, drove the ball forward quickly, won a penality, set up another and used lots of skill to do the biz.

Adebayor. The ****ing man these days. One criticism is he palys it a tad safe a lot fot he time, a key suspect in the occasions when we pass the ball across the penality area without attacking the goal but he's growing all the time. He won a lot of balls, gives a good long ball option, draws defenders away and selflessly so. Defenders find him hard to deal with.
He was ****ing unlucky with the missed goal but a great touch and peice of skill to set that up in the first place. There is no way he could have done that las season. I think working with Henry has been fantastic for him. He's learn't a lot off him and gained a decent first touch, a better finish, better on the ball control etc.

Ljungberg. I was wrong. Eariler in the seaosn I felt we wouldn't have missed Ljungberg. That he was a spent force. I was wrong. From the moment he came on I saw we wern't misisng Hleb. He was up and down the pitch, passing well, defending well, threatening the opposistion and he's regained a lot of his old pace again. A very important factor for him. Of course his reading of the game is great and his rather classy finish showed me he can still get important goals in this post Bergkamp era.

Aliadiere. What a run. What skill. What a fantastic assist. Ali like Ljungberg has proved me wrong. He must be the fastest white man in the premiership. He's young but has experience and a lots of of skill. He has looked the biz recently and shown he has more to offer Arsenal than being Wengers bastard spawn. With Aliadiere like this I can see us letting Bendtner leaving in the summer because he will be 5th or 6th on the pecking order.

Hoyte. Another boy coming good. Didn't have much to do but defended very well and has got better with each passing month after a shaky start to the season. Needs to bulk up a little though. As good as any reserve right back in the premiership and has the potential to be the real thing.

Again I can't get over how young the side is. Take away Almunia, Gilberto and Ljungberg they are all under 25. Whats great is had Pires, Campbell, Cole, Edu, Lauren, Parlour and of course Vieira had not all left when they did they wouldn't be this good. At times we look a more fluid team with out Henry.

The futures bright, the future's Arsenal.

Seperated at birth?

Lord Zarak

Post by Lord Zarak »

Originally posted by Jetfire
The futures bright, the future's Arsenal.

The future is foreign.

Not good man.
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

Originally posted by Lord Zarak
The future is foreign.

Not good man.

Why prey?

As far as I'm concerned Fabregas, Henry and the youngsters have proven to have a much better attitude and have much more loyality to the club that and of the english wankers we have had.
Like Big gay Sol (I want to experience a foreign club, in england), David Bentley "I want first team football NOW! I don't care if I'm ready or not" or ****ley Cole.