Childhood GOBOTS treasure recovered!

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Clay

Childhood GOBOTS treasure recovered!

Post by Clay »

Right, so when I was about 12 or 13, I gave some toys to my younger cousin. A couple of years ago, I got all my Ninja Turtles back courtesy of his mother, and just this week she found the box with the Gobots!

Condition ranges from excellent to poor. Random thoughts:

I'm quite happy to have my little sea plane back. It's as great a little figure as I remember it and is still in great condition.

I also like my little black choo-choo: I remember having it as early as 1985!

I have two Stackses: the first one came without the trailer, and I got the second one w/trailer a year or two later. My cousin did lose the stacks, though :(

I seem to have the upper body of Puzzler, as well. I don't recall ever having the whole thing, so I may have to finish what I started sometime soon.

The helicopter is great: it doesn't drag its tail as a third leg! I'll have to pick up a knock-off Vortex and gimp the rotor from it.
Attachments
gobot2.jpg
gobot1.jpg
Civ

Post by Civ »

Oh wow, you have Waterwalk (the sea plane) and Loco (the train). Nice. I have extra Puzzler bots if you want to check them out so you can combine to form the best '80s gestalt IMHO.
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Nice! Flip-Top is awesome, this is true. You also have a cockpit-less Sky Jack and an armless RoboCommunistComradeDaTovarisch Gunnyr.

I kinda regret having most of the decent Gobots figures... the only stuff I have left to get is weirdness like Scales, insanely anal variants, the Japanese exclusives (which were largely crap) or Mugenbine, which I just don't like.

EDIT: The larger train is from Moto-Bot, by the by... Hmm, must do jump-links.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Cliffjumper wrote:Mugenbine, which I just don't like.
I hate you. Mugenbine is Awesome. If not garishly coloured in 'gestalt' forms.

Mugenbine, as in this, right?

ImageImage
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Clay

Post by Clay »

Cliffjumper wrote:I kinda regret having most of the decent Gobots figures... the only stuff I have left to get is weirdness like Scales, insanely anal variants, the Japanese exclusives (which were largely crap) or Mugenbine, which I just don't like.
Yeah, I went to your site to identify some of them, and your Road Ranger review is totally elitist. And I quote:
Road Ranger is probably the most common Gobot, both in terms of availability and thought. The simplistic look and mechanics reflect well the pedestrian nature of his enthusiasts, numerous that they are. He is the GOBOT proletarian stock to the more refined Tux's bourgeoisie uncanniness. Truly a piece as common as his owners.
How's the view up there from your gobot palace? :wave:
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

You cant diss Road Ranger-for those of us(and I know Im not the only one on this forum) whose single mother was buying your toys on a meagre budget he was Optimus Prime.
Gobots were a lot cheaper than TFs in the UK and i can remember her words as if it was yesterday-"Its a red and blue artic(articulated) truck that turns into a robot-whats the difference?"
About £15 to 20($30 to $40) if I remember rightly which for a single mother is a fair bit of money so I cant really fault her logic.
Loss of job. Will sell for food here.
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

This takes me back. I used to have the submarine and the train and a few others, like..ah.. Leader 1 and Cy-Kill and the helicopter and a red car. I might have to hunt those down just for sentimental value.

*looked around. They didn't spend much time on naming them, did they? The helicopter i had was named Cop-Tur, the sub, Dive-Dive? C'mon. The red car was Turbo, which is better, though. Saw a bunch more that jogged my memory.