Religious Views

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
The_Dinobots
Protoform
Location: In The Lizardmen Temple Contemplating how to finish the Old Ones Plans

Religious Views

Post by The_Dinobots »

Since the last thread here fell into a heated argument between Gav84 and Addl, I was wondering what religious teaching you guys follow or if you guys have your own Religions....Like me and my POKEMONISM :D
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Oh do we have to? It invariably ends in bad feeling and arguements. Much like politics.

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
RCOSD

Post by RCOSD »

Don't follow any, have been interested in joining the religion of satanism(woo, now here follows people damming me to hell)
The_Dinobots
Protoform
Location: In The Lizardmen Temple Contemplating how to finish the Old Ones Plans

Post by The_Dinobots »

Eh, if you want to you can if not then don't....
Redstreak
Protoform

Post by Redstreak »

I think you'll just have people get creeped out about it more than anything RC(I'll admit it'd kinda freak me out a bit), though I'm sure you're right that there will be a couple people self-righteous enough to say something about how 'wrong' or whatever that decision would be.

Not me though. Ya wanna do it, whatever works for ya.
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Originally posted by RCOSD
(woo, now here follows people damming me to hell)
Damn you to hell!
I'm aetheist, by the way.
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
The_Dinobots
Protoform

Post by The_Dinobots »

HEHEHE DAMN YOU TO HELL!!!!!!!!!:D
RCOSD

Post by RCOSD »

Originally posted by Sixswitch

Damn you to hell!
I'm aetheist, by the way.
You serious??
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

You serious??
Given the juxtaposition, I would infer not...:)

Finished One Fine Day In The Middle Of The Night a while ago...definitely very highly recommended!
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

You serious??
It was irony. I was damning you to hell when I don't believe that the place exists. Geddit?

-Ss
RCOSD

Post by RCOSD »

Ah good, i am busy reading though Catch22, then i have To Kill A Mocking Bird and I, Cladius.Ya read any of them?

edit: I do now, i'm sorry, school was long and boring, and i have work to look forward to.Brain is going into off mode
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Ah good, i am busy reading though Catch22, then i have To Kill A Mocking Bird and I, Cladius.Ya read any of them?
Remarkably, I've managed to avoid all of those through luck (bad and good; Mocking Bird doesn't really sound like my cup of tea, I really have to get around to Joseph Heller, and I only vaguely remember the IC series)...

http://www.anselm.edu/internet/classics ... mfram.html

...might be of use to you. I'll skim it later, but I'm on my way out at the second...hmmm, I can probably find a copy of 22 before I start a bit of office temping next week...:)
RCOSD

Post by RCOSD »

Ta for the link, Denyer, if yer wondering why i'm reading them all, tis to see which book i'm going to pick for my rpr in sixth year,
just asking, you read the Gormenghast Trilogy by Mervyn Peake??
Shrapnel Clone

Post by Shrapnel Clone »

Nope, no religion here. I do not believe in anything until somebody shows some prove...
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

There is a god he just isn't belonging to any religion he thinks humans are a cool little evolved experiment of his that he looks after. He is earths Janitor so to speak.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

you read the Gormenghast Trilogy by Mervyn Peake??
Nope...saw a little of the series, wasn't overly fussed...but my ex-girlfriend absolutely loved both books and videos. There were some comparisons made to Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere, IIRC our conversations (which is another novel/dramatisation I didn't particularly care for)...so IMO you'll either love it or be extremely bored...

Still, I've got a copy of C22 waiting for me if I remember to pick it up from my mate's before we go to the pub tomorrow...:)
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

Not long finished Catch 22. Brilliant brilliant book IMO.
Takes a bit to get used to the style but funny, deep and dead accurate. So glad I never had to study it.

I'm reading the sequel 'Closing time' set years later.
S
Protoform

Post by S »

I'm an atheist, but sometimes I suspect whether I might be a closet-catholic... they have all those cool props and their priests get to do some really nasty stuff nd get away with it...
- S
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

To Kill a Mockingbird is excellent. I can't recommend it enough. We did it for GCSE English, and I thouroughly enjoyed it.

Not read the others though.

-Ss
RCOSD

Post by RCOSD »

Ta for the input guys on the books.Catch22 i'm enjoying, and think i will do for my rpr.But we shall see