Well, someone mentioned the Devil and well, it's been a good week.

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Brave Maximus

Well, someone mentioned the Devil and well, it's been a good week.

Post by Brave Maximus »

WARNING! this is probably going to turn into a Brave Maximus Rant :rant: - Just wanted to say what's been going on in my life for the past week (and I'm really bored)

Right, so monday of last week my wife started her senior year in College and imediatly went off for a 3 day field trip. Yeah, so there I was sitting at home, alone (yeah boo hoo, me). So what do I do? Play video games and come on here, except when I attempt to turn on the computer my hard drive crashes (well it was a 5 y\o 4.5 gig hard drive, so it wasn't too much of a surprise). I managed to back up the files I needed before it really went.

So off I go and buy a brand new 80 gig 7200rpm hard drive for my master drive :D (bringing my total up to a fun 100 gigs of memorey). Of course I'm buying stuff so I also pick up some more RAM (total of 1 gig of ram now :D) and a new soundblaster Audigey II Platinum (with the faceplate and remote and all that good stuff). Yes this means that Brave Max will not be buying any transformers for atleast a month.

So I set it all up and it keeps crashing. All week I've been reformating the HD and trying to load up the drivers (normally I'd get fed up in alot less than a week, but some days I was too damn frustrated to even try working on it). So I go home every night, and can't come on here to talk decently with those of you actually on in the evening (about the only time it's live around here).
*Edit: Yeah apperently I missed that wonderful thread with that kid AnTi what ever - and that looked like so much fun - Back to normal post*

Yesterday, I take the morning off of work, and try one last time to get the bloody comp to work (even called tech support :() (OH BTW wife came home from trip, had a great time, and is stopping me from killing our dumb cat). After 2 hrs with tech there and another hour with tech at Soundblaster (creative) I come to the conclusion that it's the bloody soundcard crapping out my system. FINE I take the whole CPU to the store I got the sound card from and demand that they fix it, which they're going to do and give me a Flat screen Monitor for my trouble (well not give, they're selling it to me at cost, of course if it has a problem, I'm going to shove it up their arse). That's the good news. Bad news it won't be finished until later today :wall:

On top of that - my wife had kennels this morning (she supervises the younger classes to clean out the kennels and stuff. She's going in to be a vet.) This means she gets up at 4:30 am (and of course, wakes me up then too). At 6am I get a call that she's broken her hand. Lovely. Off we go to the hospital. after 6 hours we find out she has a sprained wrist and 3 sprained fingers (one of which is also fractured or something of the like). It's also on her right hand, so she's been rather useless as she can't do alot of things. I hate to be cruel, but it's been rather funny, she'll attempt to do normal things, hit her hand and then curse.

Now I'm at work, bored out of my mind, waiting to go home and see if the computer works nicely.

How's your week been?
Claypool
Protoform

Post by Claypool »

how old is your wife?
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

and I'm a whoping 24

Why do you ask good sir?
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

Originally posted by Brave Maximus
Why do you ask good sir?

C'mon, it's Clay. Expect pic requests to come soon. ;)

My week's been pretty good thus far, despite the fact that I'm still at work right now. I don't mind, considering I've been working on a fall fashion section and have had to look at pictures of models all day. Life is rough, I tell ya. At least I have this nice widescreen monitor to help ease the pain there, too... ;)

Lots of fun stuff last weekend, but that's for when I have time to post and I'm not at work. :)
ThePeacemkr2
Protoform

Post by ThePeacemkr2 »

Hm, sorry to hear that your week was so bad...

look at it this way, eventually the computer will be all better, and then you will have a bright shiny 120 gig harddrive!
He's alive. Go figure.
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Is she hot?
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

my week has been pretty damn bad.

on friday, i got a call from my supervisor at work, telling me that i'm essentially on "extended leave without pay" (read: "you're fired, but not officially) because some random neighbor called in a complaint saying that i abused my client (which sooooooooo did not happen).

since then, i've been trying to find a new job, which could not have come at a worse time seeing as i'm moving in with my g/f as of the first of october. she's freaking out of course, which only makes me feel like even more of a ****-up.

:wall:

so all in all, it's been a pretty damn bad week.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Originally posted by fort_max
since then, i've been trying to find a new job, which could not have come at a worse time seeing as i'm moving in with my g/f as of the first of october. she's freaking out of course, which only makes me feel like even more of a ****-up.

:wall:

so all in all, it's been a pretty damn bad week.

Know that feeling - when I first moved in with (the girl who was going to be) my wife, I didn't have a job and it made things really hard. But you will find a new one, trust me.
Originally posted by Maki
C'mon, it's Clay. Expect pic requests to come soon
D'Oh, you're right my fault;)
Originally posted by Plas
Is she hot?
Damn right she is :D, it's good to be king

Yeah, got the computer back and life is better :D Thanx all
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Well, good to hear you're comp's back up. I've been doing all right. There's a new girl in our work study army (of which I am considered number one by my bosses), and today was the second day that I saw her, and I realized that she reminded me of a staff person, who used to work there, and whom I really loved (not in the romantic sense, seeing as she was technically my boss, even if I did have a few naughty thoughts about her . . . I'll say that she was a pleasure to work with because we got along very well). So anyway, I have a whole bunch of prospects. Also, I went to some function that the Catholic center at my school was having, and I was reminded of how many lovely girls at my school, who are Catholic. Also, saw the girl, who broke my heart, but she didn't see me, so I was able to sneak by without having to say hi to her. I find that the longer I avoid talking to her, the better I feel. I still keep in touch because I want to be friends with her when I feel strong enough, which should be soon.