Megatron Speaks!!

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
CounterPunch
Protoform

Megatron Speaks!!

Post by CounterPunch »

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=5949

I really really like it.

But, I couldnt put up with him saying much in one go with that voice, its far too forced and macabre, but still pretty evil and dastardly.

Must say from what he says there the lines may be channelling some BW Megs, just like the way he goes "Oh.... So unwise"

Holy hell, forgot its out tomorrow in the US, Still gotta wait 4 weeks basically, being from the UK
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

That is SO AWESOME!

if TRANSFORMERS doesn't win an oscar for visual effects i will be very surprised. Megatron looks so real. His face has the emotion Bay desired and he has an evil grace that only a being of nearly unlimited power could possess.
Come on and wind me up.
stoltobot
Protoform

Post by stoltobot »

Wow! I never expected it to be so cool. Good job Weavo!
________
SANTERIA FORUMS
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

WOOOOOW!!:eek:
"Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Movies I've seen recently:
Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Tenacious D The Pick of destiny
Watchmen
jhlucas
Protoform

Post by jhlucas »

Anybody else thinking of Luke and Vader at the end of Empire Strikes back?

EDIT: Nice clip, though.
Peale
Protoform

Post by Peale »

Neat. Doesn't even sound like him.
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Voice sounds good, graphics look good, but why is Megatron bothering to ask? Its just a pesky human. Just take the damn thing.
Peale
Protoform

Post by Peale »

Originally posted by Zisteau
...but why is Megatron bothering to ask? Its just a pesky human. Just take the damn thing.

Likely he doesn't want him to drop it to the Autobots below. Pesky fleshlings are so flimsy.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Standard bad guy voice. Heard it so many times before. Not impressed by it, but the animation is cool.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
stoltobot
Protoform

Post by stoltobot »

Changed my opinion after hearing the rest of his lines. Couldn't wait until August and had to download it. In the end he doesn't stand out enough from the rest of the Decepticons. Welker's Megatron would have been more suitable in my opinion. Just my 2 cents, everyone can judge for themselves.
________
FORD PREFECT SPECIFICATIONS
Tom Anger
Protoform

Post by Tom Anger »

I read that Welker wasn't picked for Megatron as -

"...TV series voice actor Frank Welker auditioned, but was rejected as his voice was too light for the beastly depiction of Megatron. Bay also felt it would be wrong to ask Welker to change his classic voice..."

Too light? Welker's Megatron has a much hasher sounding voice than Weaving's Megatron. Weaving is a very good voice actor, and who can blame him for taking the role.

But here's another question. Does anyone else think that Weaving's Megatron sounds "cartoony" and a little too much like Doctor Claw from Inspector Gadget? Who was voiced by Welker anyway!...

Rant over. Disscuss.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Originally posted by Tom Anger
Does anyone else think that Weaving's Megatron sounds "cartoony" and a little too much like Doctor Claw from Inspector Gadget? Who was voiced by Welker anyway!...

Rant over. Disscuss.
Yus. 'Nuffzed. Discussion over.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

Originally posted by Clogs
Yus. 'Nuffzed. Discussion over.

i really like megs, and was actually happy to know he was a cybertronian jet instead of that experimental jet rumor we had all heard about! i am all for welker, but i think weaving did a very, very good job. i didn't think it was a "common" bad guy voice, in fact i rarely hear any cartoons that the bad guy sounds that good that i would think twice before really facing off with him IMO. it's like in the original 85 movie when Leonard Nemoy was the voice of Galvatron, i never thought he would do such a good job when i watched the movie, but we all have our own tastes. Who knows, maybe megs gets upgraded to galvatron, or something even more sinister in the next movie and maybe they will employ welker for the transformation! i can't wait to see the previews for the new movie. also, i was very impressed they used the Mars Beagle Rover footage from the previews in the movie! i thought the community had been told that Bay was not going to use that footage? oh well, i am happy that the movie had a fair share of comedy also! I love Frenzy's , "Oh ****" line when he cuts his own head in two XD, and the character was EXTREMELY entertaining. I could go on and on and on about my opinions on this movie, but I would bore everyone! ^^;;;;
Rodimus_Prime's girl

Post by Rodimus_Prime's girl »

OMG! That movie kicked so much butt it wasn't funny. Hugo did a great job as Megatron. My favorite line was 'you have fail me again, starscream.' That definitily reminded me of Megatron in the cartoon. Love how the Autobots looked especially Bumble Bee and Iron hide. Ratchet was cool and Jazz was great. Prime looked great as well, the flames were okay on him.
Autbots! Transform---and roll out!
bee_otch
Protoform

Post by bee_otch »

I adore this movie, absolutely adore it. I would have made a few changes here and there, but overall I'm very pleased and can't wait to see how much better the sequels are.

About Megatron... not that Hugo Weaving was bad at all, and I actually love his voice acting. I think they should have made him another decepticon (like Barricade or something) and let Frank do Megatron. I mean, if you have the frame of mind to interview legendary voice actors, why let one have his classic role and not the other? What an insult, poor Frank!!! I mean... god, it would have been so insanely GREAT to hear both Cybertronian leaders' with their classic voices. I think I would've cried with happiness :swirly:
[Starscream says...]
[...DIE FOO'.]
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

Originally posted by bee_otch
I adore this movie, absolutely adore it. I would have made a few changes here and there, but overall I'm very pleased and can't wait to see how much better the sequels are.

About Megatron... not that Hugo Weaving was bad at all, and I actually love his voice acting. I think they should have made him another decepticon (like Barricade or something) and let Frank do Megatron. I mean, if you have the frame of mind to interview legendary voice actors, why let one have his classic role and not the other? What an insult, poor Frank!!! I mean... god, it would have been so insanely GREAT to hear both Cybertronian leaders' with their classic voices. I think I would've cried with happiness :swirly:

the voice of barracade was done by the man who was the lone shark in Friday after Next, the voices of Spawn in the Mcfarlane HBO cartoon, Spawn, and the voice of Goliath in Disney's Gargoyles. I think that actor did a superb job, however, i could have seen Hugo Weaving as the voice of StarScream, but like I have stated in a past post on this topic, they might get the voice of Frank Welker for the sequel, who knows. They did it in the 85 movie with the transition of Megatron to Galvatron lol.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Well, now I've heard Megs full-on, I still hold with my original opinion: too generic bad guy. Pretty much suited the character, don't get me wrong, but didn't stand out as anything special. Am I holding a candle for Frank Welker here?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
bee_otch
Protoform

Post by bee_otch »

Originally posted by Clogs
Well, now I've heard Megs full-on, I still hold with my original opinion: too generic bad guy. Pretty much suited the character, don't get me wrong, but didn't stand out as anything special. Am I holding a candle for Frank Welker here?

You and me both... Frank was MADE for Megatron, how dare they take that away? :(
[Starscream says...]
[...DIE FOO'.]