[CUSTOM] Alternators Detritus

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
superquad7
Protoform
Custom Title: TFW2005 Supermod

Alternators Detritus

Post by superquad7 »

Hey guys, before I go any further, I gotta give some props to some fellow artists and board members: Bluavenger and Napjr. When I was generating ideas for repaints, this guy was one of them; both of these kitbashers did beat me to the punch though. Blu first posted his piece at TFans and Napjr later posted his here and TFans as well. While I had already committed to the idea, both of these really inspired me more.

I had a parts bot Rollbar and as many of you know, I just have this compassion for junker Alts. This guys rocker panels were completely melted off and I actually had to get about 3 different board members responding to my want ad to actually complete him because he didn't have a tailgate or a spare tire (to those of you who helped me complete this guy, thank you ALL very much!) or a head. I could have just as easily got a Rollbar at Wal*mart, but now this guy isn't in a parts tote. :)

Also I felt that Detritus' profile really fit all of what I had to do to fix him up as well as being a good candidate for a custom :)

So . . . this guy wasn't only a repaint, but a salvage job. The door hinges were melted (and there were no doors), so my major task was a bit of resculpting that area as well as fixing the rocker panels. I didn't want doors on this guy anyways, so that worked out in my favor. What I did was take some putty and superglue and sculpted over the hinges. I also just shaved and glued the rocker panels on. They can't move, but they don't need to really. I also had to find a pin for the windshield. After all of this, then I went in and added the paint apps.

Well, here he is:

alt mode:

Check out my "Transformers: Alterations" by clicking above! (But don't click my homepage!)
superquad7
Protoform

Post by superquad7 »

. . . and the robot mode (I took a few photos ^_^):

Enjoy!
Check out my "Transformers: Alterations" by clicking above! (But don't click my homepage!)
Clay

Post by Clay »

That's quite clever... why didn't I think of that?!

Which customs do you want to submit next, anyway?
superquad7
Protoform

Post by superquad7 »

Originally posted by Clay
That's quite clever... why didn't I think of that?!

Which customs do you want to submit next, anyway?

Thanks for the props, buddy!

Any gallery I have active in my Photobucket account is a candidate for gallery submission :) Thank you and TFArchive for consideration and your hard work to make galleries; I REALLY appreciate it!
Clay

Post by Clay »

Check your private messages!
superquad7
Protoform

Post by superquad7 »

Originally posted by Clay
Check your private messages!

*replied*

:)