Cover (and cast) of MTMTE comic revealed.

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Terome

Cover (and cast) of MTMTE comic revealed.

Post by Terome »

Here's a nice group shot of Rodimus' team from the upcoming MTMTE book.

That is a nifty line-up. A comic consisting of a main cast of Hot Rod, Red Alert, Eject, Ultra Magnus, Chromedome, Whirl and Cyclonus, with wild cards like Rung and Drift shuffled in there, is about as welcome as can be.

We've got all the main archetypes ticked, we've got some potted friction, some unexplored ciphers, a guy who can comment on everybody's behaviour in a natural way, and at least one established monster.

Hopefully, when guys like Grimlock or Impactor show up, they'll be foils or even antagonists to our core crew here and not steal the show.

And, inferring from solicitations, it could be that
SPOILER! (select to read)
Trailbreaker and Skids
fill out the remainder of the main cast.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

I love the random cast selection for sure. Although that's Rewind, not Eject. I think. Eject's the blue one, no? Rewind makes more sense, anyway. He's Mr. Useless Trivia, and exactly the guy you want on your team if you head off wandering randomly across the galaxy in search of an ancient group of legends.

And now that you mention it, it does make sense that rogue Autobots like Grimlock or Impactor would be just as likely to be a threat as a random team of Decepticons.

I didn't want to let myself, but I have to admit that I'm starting to really look forward to this. I might even pick up the singles instead of waiting for the trade before buying like I usually do.
Terome

Post by Terome »

Although that's Rewind, not Eject
You are correct! I don't know much about the Autobot cassettes beyond Ramhorn's profile in the old Universe book (he is insane) and the less from Space Pirates, which is that they are the deadliest force in the galaxy.
I didn't want to let myself, but I have to admit that I'm starting to really look forward to this.
I am legitimately excited. Though I do hope that IDW don't torpedo the whole thing into oblivion. I mean, they most certainly will, but I hope a nice chunk of time passes before that happens.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Proof that even being drawn by Nick Roche won't stop Drift looking like a wanker.

I'm generally buzzed for this book, but will probably wait for the trades, by the time the first one is out we'll know if the strange galactic forces that sent Costa and McCarthy a bit loopy have gotten to Roberts as well.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Red Alert looks something of a thug, how odd! I've never seen what all the fuss is about with Hot Rod. I wish they'd have picked someone else as the lead; Bluestreak say, or Alexei Sayle.

Still looking forward to it, that goes without saying.

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!'” - Bill Burr

“I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.” - David Bowie
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Who's standing next to Cyclonus?
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

looks like ratchet. i am also looking forward to both books. the recent #125 would as good read and set up some good stuff.

i just hope IDW don't feck it all up. Barber seems to have his eye on the ball, if his blah at the end is anything to go by.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

This looks like yet another comic that's genuinely quite good, I get really excited about, then I forget to buy it until the trade's 60 quid on Amazon . . .
I like bears.
StarscreamX
Protoform

Post by StarscreamX »

SPOILER! (select to read)
REWIND!

I luff Rewind :clap:

Cyclonus being there actually makes sense. His whole motivation, until they decided to make him Galvatron's henchman because that's what he was in the cartoon, is that he hates what the war has done to Cybertron, views the "Golden Age" of Cybertron as an example of the best that any society can achieve and would do anything for his planet. So him flying off to try and find the guys who can supposedly restore the planet to it's condition before the war makes a lot of sense

Apart from Drift I love this cast, with Whirl and Rewind being my favourites out of this bunch. And if anyone is going to make me like Whirl it's probably gonna be Roberts
Decepticons forever!

Across the universe...the dead will rise :devil:

The secrets of the Universe reveal themselves to those who listen

Nobody likes you when you're dead