New animated Transformers series to replace Armada!

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Kaneda_979
Protoform

New animated Transformers series to replace Armada!

Post by Kaneda_979 »

Don't know if anything on this has been posted yet, but here goes...

Thats right, Armada is set to end early next year and a new, and in my opinion much better, series will take over. It too will air on Cartoon Network and is set to start spring of 2004. But might be as early as winter, but I'm not sure on that. From the sound of it this new series is going to blow Armada away in terms of a true Transformers series. First thing that will be most know disable is that it will be all CGI cell shaded, like the new Spider-Man series on MTV.

The story will take place about 20 or 30 years after Armada and the human kids from Armada are all grown up and have kids of there own. Megatron doesn't show up at the first of the series, but a new Desepticon leader will be the Autobots first main foe, the evil Scorpocon (I think that was his name, but not sure) It seems that insted of focusing on just Megatron, that will get to meet other Desepticon leaders and I hope get more of a feel of the Desepticon empire. And it basicly continues the on going battle between Autobots and the Desepticons. But where in most of the past series there battles and adventures took place on earth or Cybertron, the new series will take place on earth, Cybertron, as well as many other planets in the universe for them to explore. I guess you can kind of think of it as Transformers meets one of the StarTrak TV series or somthing like that.
Or the Transformers we all know and love, but on a much bigger scale.

Also alot of cast members from past Transformers series and the movie will be in this new series. And I think there sticking with alot of the classic character designs we true fans have grown up with and love.

Oh, and no, its not a rumor :p Pick up the latest issue of ToyFare magazine with all this info and more I'm pertty sure I left out.
It's a good read, it got me all hyped up and I can't wait to see the new series next year. :)

Also in the mag is some awsome picks of some upcoming Transformer figures (or toys, wichever you perfer) like the all new fully detailed and realistic Optimus, he transformes exactly the way he's sapost to as if he were real, with hydraulic joins and his chest opens up to reveal the Matrix wich you can take out and play with and even have Optimus hold it as if he were taking it out/putting it in him self! :) :P
Raven
Protoform

Post by Raven »

Thats old news matry. it's just Energon
Kaneda_979
Protoform

Post by Kaneda_979 »

Ah, cool, ya, been reading around about it, seems I am a little late.:P I hope its atleast half as good of a series as it sounds in that mag I read. I know its a continuation of Armada, but aside from Unicron being in the story and the cool anime style animation, I'm getting sick of the over welming cheesyness of Armada. No its not as bad as the last series that aired on Fox Kids, but its still there. Seems like ever since Gen 1/the miovie they've never been able to do another really good on going Transformers series. They keep aiming soly at kids. Gen 1/the movie seemed to be aimed at everyone and had so much great memorable sceans, lines, and characters that stuck with you. Maybe there trying not to out do the classic or they just don't know how...
Brentamus Prime
Protoform

Post by Brentamus Prime »

Ive been reading the news about the new TF series which will be taking over the armada series. i am looking forward to it because i really did'nt like the armada series because it lacked something that G1 RID had......But anyways i am wondering when the comic series will be released:D

Now I will be one with the MaTrIx!!!!
Raven
Protoform

Post by Raven »

I liked all the cartoons. Energon should start this november for the americans as for us brits no idead. The comics will be out soon to follow on from armada 18.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

The comic series is going to be renamed Transformers: Energon and the first issue with the new name will be
Transformers: Energon #19
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Mooseakolopsatron
Protoform

Post by Mooseakolopsatron »

cool anime style animation
That "cool" anime you refer to is what has destroyed the series. God I hope they change it for Energon or it's another series I'll be passing by.
TURBO CHARGER

Post by TURBO CHARGER »

I just hope its not like RiD, with the stupid dialoge where they shout out **** like "FIRE SUPER POWER MISSLES!" ala pokemon or those other ****ty japanese cartoons.

ATTENTION: THIS HAS BEEN A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT FROM YOUR FRIEND, TURBO CHARGER
Dragon Warrior Steve
Protoform

Post by Dragon Warrior Steve »

Originally posted by TURBO CHARGER
I just hope its not like RiD, with the stupid dialoge where they shout out **** like "FIRE SUPER POWER MISSLES!" ala pokemon or those other ****ty japanese cartoons.
Now there is someone out there that agrees with me!
KillTheKids
Protoform

Post by KillTheKids »

Originally posted by TURBO CHARGER

Never seen RiD, and I think I should be glad. My freind has a RiD prime, though...That thing is awesome.
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

... so we have a problem with the "Fire Flash", "Blizzard Storm", and "God Fire Blast" eh? esplain yourselves as you might be ignorant of one important factor...
Gruff
Protoform

Post by Gruff »

this argument seems familiar
Gruff 3:16 says Brendocon is da man!!Image
Gouki

Post by Gouki »

Originally posted by Mooseakolopsatron
That "cool" anime you refer to is what has destroyed the series. God I hope they change it for Energon or it's another series I'll be passing by.

You do know it has always been animated in Japan? Mostly by Toei Animation for the first few series. I'm not really sure who did the others... But I hope that itis done in anime style. Or a style which looks as good.

On a side note, the music for the orignal series was composed by Shiro Sagisu, who composed the music for Evangelion.
"Give into the Demon inside... Shun Goku Sattsu!"