Cybetron Hardtop rocks.

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Sir Auros

Cybetron Hardtop rocks.

Post by Sir Auros »

This is the most fun Basic figure I've bought in ages and I can't wait to write up a review for it. Awesome colors, great articulation, and it's ultimately what Energon Strongarm should have been.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Yeah, I've been saying for a while that he's a nifty little guy. Kinda reminds me of something that would have been released in the later G2 line with the colors and the articulation. Aside from the minicons, he's the only basic I have from the line because the rest just don't do it for me visually.

EDIT: It's funny. I never would have thought the colors would work for anything, aside from the Charlotte Hornets (are they still around, btw? I remember when they were big in basketball), but it really does.

EDIT 2: I lied. I like Brush Guard farely well. Yes, that was a Wesley Willis reference.
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Picked him up a few days ago. Great little fig.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Yeah...the colours are awesome for a G2 figure :eyebrow:

Doesn't look dissapointing in articulation capabilities, but it would be much greater with a more subtle, less eye-glaring colour scheme.
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

I was debating getting this one. He looks cool, but I hate the color scheme. I'm hoping they make a repaint of him, otherwise I might give it a try myself someday. (except there are WAY too many pins just looking at his bot mode...)
SoundCrush
Protoform

Post by SoundCrush »

Hornets got traded to so other city and Charolette has some new team. I think their Bobcats or something.

Hardtop is fricken' awesome!!!
My only complaint is the planet key itself; too big for him.
Skill without imagination gives us craftsmanship, which produces many useful objects such as wickwork picnic baskets. Imagination without skill gives us Modern Art.
- Tom Stoppard
Transfannabeel
Protoform

Post by Transfannabeel »

I got him over the weekend. At first I didn't care for him too much, but he's grown on me and is one of my favorite basics now.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Picked it up today... I'm thinking I may end up buying all the different Cybertron basics that I see, because... well, they're cheap. And good.

This one was the aborted gestalt limb from Superlink, yes? I remember reading that HasTak had designed this one with the intention of making it Swindle, and then abandoned the idea when they decided it would cost too much to make that many molds.

The combiner part would've gone in the front: it transforms exactly the same way as Bonecrusher/Scrapper/Sledge/whatever.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by Clay
This one was the aborted gestalt limb from Superlink, yes? I remember reading that HasTak had designed this one with the intention of making it Swindle, and then abandoned the idea when they decided it would cost too much to make that many molds.

That has never been officially confirmed anywhere, has it? It's just fan speculation.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Originally posted by Nevermore
That has never been officially confirmed anywhere, has it? It's just fan speculation.

That sounds more like what I heard. But it would make some sense. However, given that some of the other basics are throw-backs to G1 characters (Ravage, Skyblast, Clocker, etc), it may just be a part of that group and coincidently resemble an unused Bruticus limb.