BWTF review and translations for Binaltech Ravage

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Nevermore

BWTF review and translations for Binaltech Ravage

Post by Nevermore »

http://www.bwtf.com/binaltech/ravage/

This one finally answers several questions:

1) According to Ichikawa, the BT toy was named "Ravage" instead of "Jaguar" not because of the car manufacturer, but because of... trademark problems? Hmm, I can't claim I know much about Japanese trademark law, but didn't Superlink just get "Command Jaguar"?

2) The Mazda RX-8 Alternator was named "Meister" instead of "Jazz" because Hasbro was still hoping to obtain the license rom Porsche? Uhm, and what would have Takara called him then? Geez.

3) Story-wise, we learn that the Triple-I from Ravage's story is not the same government agency we know from the Marvel comics, but its alternate dimension counterpart from the cartoon reality we never saw or heard mentioned on-screen, and which might or might not have been led by Walter Barnett. Uhm, suuuure. :rolleyes:
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Nevermore
Story-wise, we learn
Do we? That bit seems to be Ben's spec, made with a view to shoehorning the story into something he calls the cartoon universe (an amalgam of old stuff and BW/M stuff)...

It'd seem more straightforward to just accept that Binaltech isn't set in a specific continuity, but maybe that's just me.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

I tend to believe that the Binaltech story has shifted into an alternate universe with the introduction of Ravage. Maybe in 2006 we'll be reading about Prime sacrificing himself to defeat Unicron, Hot Rod becoming Rodimus [and thus gaining an upgraded binaltech form] and Megatron and co. returning from the space rift reformatting themselves.

Or we'll learn that it was all a dream of Daniel :laugh:
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by Denyer
Do we? That bit seems to be Ben's spec, made with a view to shoehorning the story into something he calls the cartoon universe (an amalgam of old stuff and BW/M stuff)...

"Author's note" = Ichikawa. He confirmed directly that the BT story is supposedly set in the cartoon universe.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.