Armada Prime watch 2002

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Garand

Armada Prime watch 2002

Post by Garand »

In anticiapation of the release of Armada Optimus Prime, this thread has been created to discuss the toy and where he has been spotted.

Armada Prime has been spotted by Scout on the shelves of Chicago area Wal-Marts.

If you see them on shelves, share the info here.
joempn
Protoform

Post by joempn »

when is the supposed release date?
http://www.joe-shredpage.cjb.net

not a transfromers page!
choguy
Protoform

Post by choguy »

Dont know where he is but Im gonna try and fined one for sure.:)
"Prime told me there'd be days like this"
-Bumble Bee
mhoward
Protoform

Post by mhoward »

For the record, Optimus Prime is a Toys-R-Us exclusive. Average size stores will only have one box of four Primes, and those will be set on the shelves this weekend.

Also, it is policy at TRU that they will not bring items out for campers, (it's a fair-game sort of thing), so you will just have to come in every hour or so and check. ;)

Edit: Oh also, I'm not saying that he won't be in any other stores, it's just that if he is, he's not there legally. :D
ThunderCracker84

Post by ThunderCracker84 »

Originally posted by mhoward
For the record, Optimus Prime is a Toys-R-Us exclusive. Average size stores will only have one box of four Primes, and those will be set on the shelves this weekend.

Also, it is policy at TRU that they will not bring items out for campers, (it's a fair-game sort of thing), so you will just have to come in every hour or so and check. ;)

Edit: Oh also, I'm not saying that he won't be in any other stores, it's just that if he is, he's not there legally. :D
Yeah, thats why Wal-Mart has a nice big shelf spot set aside for him. With a tag that says Armada Supecons(or whatever he is) $38.88. He is gonna be in all the regular store, except maybe the target by me, cause they didnt ever carry Prime or Mags w/ RID.
Philcom
Protoform

Post by Philcom »

Actually I think this thread is on Armada Prime, not reissue Optimus Prime.

I heard Walmarts here in So. Calfornia are putting price tags out for him.

Walking's for suckers!
Scout

Post by Scout »

Little correction Garand- the one I saw was in Wisconsin. However, Bryon - a very reputable dealer at the Swaporama in Chicago has had two of them (BMVtoys) that were apparently ones that were recalled. (He's the fella that's helped me get Stormys for you and TC.) I don't understand all of the wheretos and hows of the matter, but something was wrong with the trailers and according to Bryon, most were recalled.
That's all I've got for now I'm afraid, since I was short a paycheck here between jobs. Two weeks from now though....
:D

Scout
Garand

Post by Garand »

Philcom gets a cigar..

I was in fact refering to Armada Optimus Prime.

First lines of the inital post said that they were spotted in a wal-mart ...
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Just to let you know, I've linked this page onto the main TFArchive site :)

Happy hunting!!
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Back on Friday when I was in a nearby Walmart I noticed something odd in the Toy Section. All over the place they had a bunch of papers hung on various parts of the shelves. The papers showed a layout of what toys would go where.

On the paper at the Armada section, it showed where the Supercons go on the shelves, in other words Prime. And since Prime wasn't out on the shelves then, I assumed they were restocking and placing out new stuff that day. Unfortunatly, it was early in the day and I don't know when I can get back there again to check and see if they have him
Garand

Post by Garand »

No luck yet.. Wal-Mart has a spot set aside, and the reset (the white papers Unicron saw) is completed. Grabed Starscream today. They're getting trucks in nightly to finish up. I'll check back tomarrow..
Scout

Post by Scout »

:D That's good news for you Unicron. Those white papers are what's termed "modding" and not the kind like in the board here. When Wally world does mod(ule) changes for stock, the white papers show what goes where, and how many spaces it takes up (ie... 2 rows of Starscreams facing front) 5 peg racks or things like that). That *usually* means the stock is around in either back of the store or in the warehouse. Walmart does not like having empty shelves at all. Technically those papers are supposed to be confidential, but it's so much easier to just tape them to the shelves...

Scout
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

I gathered the papers were confiidential, especiallly since thaat word appeared on them atleast once. And it wasn't just a diagram of what went where. There was also 2-3 pages of what looked like spreadsheet or database print outs. They appeared to be product numbers and names. Didn't seem too specific though. I did see a listing for Armada Supercon.
Ulticron
Protoform

Post by Ulticron »

Also, it is policy at TRU that they will not bring items out for campers, (it's a fair-game sort of thing), so you will just have to come in every hour or so and check.

Edit: Oh also, I'm not saying that he won't be in any other stores, it's just that if he is, he's not there legally.

I hate to burst your bubble of incorrectness mhoward but i work at wal-mart, we got shelf lables for him. I don't know what the hold up is on why we ain't gettin him, but none of the 6 wal-marts in my general area have him just yet. But i can tell you this there's even plans for a feature of Optimus Prime later on in the year at all wal-mart stores. So what's this feature i'm talking about. They'll take an entire end of a toy isle have shelves on it and all that will be there is Optimus Prime. I saw that in the wal-mart "toyland" catalogue which is coorporate stuff that has to get followed.
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Ulticron, mhoward was referring to re-issue of Optimus Prime (the one that waas part of the Original Series). This thread is about the Optimus Prime from Armada. Somehow he made a mistake
Ulticron
Protoform

Post by Ulticron »

Well then mhoward is right about what he seZ since he was talkin bout G1 reissue Prime.

Back to biZness of Armada Prime, the wal-mart toy land feature goes down in November, also there's gonna be a feature of the the $10 TF's. Apparently wal-mart is Xpecting high sales of Armada, i'm guessin from RiD's success. So hopefully no one will be left w/o their fav TF. I'm still lookin for Lazerbeak and Prime. Although Lazerbeak isn't all that appealing of a TF. My local wal-mart is flooded w/every figure Xcept those 2. I checked the Fairlawn and Pulaski wal-mart Saturday and they had a small ammount of Armada TF's, but my wal-mart updated their toy modular early, that combined w/the fact that i wiped out the toys before they were suppose to hit the shelves probably set our system orders in high gear for that item.
Brave Max
Protoform

Post by Brave Max »

Hmmmm, I saw on this board that it was mentioned that the Armada Optimus Prime has been recalled. However, I can find no information confirming this. Is there anyone out there who knows for sure what is going on with this most elusive toy? Even at the small Wal-Mart here in my town, there is an empty shelf with a Supercon label that has a price of $38.88 on it. At this point, the anticipation for this toy is most unbearable.

"Good old Cybertron, land of the metal moon(hiccup!)" - MegatronImage
Lemming
Protoform

Post by Lemming »

I've got an armada op now. Found him at walmart about 30 minutes ago.
Ulticron
Protoform

Post by Ulticron »

Same here, Troy the dept manager of Toys showed it to me right as i was going on lunch break, convient. I could have killed him though cause he told me they came in last nite. They were on the shelves at least 15 hours and he saw me several times before i even clocked in. Well at least no one bought him an i got mine. :rolleyes:

But nobody should worry there is suppose to be a BIG Feature of Op in november, so everyone should get there's.
Scout

Post by Scout »

Originally posted by Brave Max
Hmmmm, I saw on this board that it was mentioned that the Armada Optimus Prime has been recalled. However, I can find no information confirming this. Is there anyone out there who knows for sure what is going on with this most elusive toy? Even at the small Wal-Mart here in my town, there is an empty shelf with a Supercon label that has a price of $38.88 on it. At this point, the anticipation for this toy is most unbearable.
Sorry- missed this- busy work week. The information I got about Armada Op comes from a fella at a flea market. He's been pretty much right on with everything else he's told me over the last 2 years tf related. Ask if I have proof and I'd say no, but I trust what he says.

On another note.... *razzberry at Ulticron and Lemming* :P Nice to know you fellas found him- I went back Sunday looking for the one I saw and he was gone. Soon, oh yes... soon. Happy hunting. ;)

Scout