Is this thread about politics or sports? (Redskins election prediction)

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Scarrita
Protoform

Is this thread about politics or sports? (Redskins election prediction)

Post by Scarrita »

Well if history tells us anything, Bush is outta the White House... Still keeping fingers crossed though. :glance:

Last home game for Washington, October 31st:
Green Bay: 28
Washington: 14
Faith is deciding to allow yourself to believe
something your intellect would otherwise cause
you to reject -- otherwise there's no need for faith.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

We can only f*cking hope.

This election has been more Orwellian than any in around thirty years. Repeating bald lies in a televised debate apparently substitutes for having a platform other than getting re-elected, it seems.
Scarrita
Protoform

Post by Scarrita »

Seeing how the Patriots lost their game today, thereby breaking their record setting win streak, I'd give that up for a Kerry win anyday. I consider it a fair trade off.

And one of my favorite quotes of the week is from Kerry stating that earlier in the campaign he was at a radio station and someone called in and said that his hope of winning was the same as the Red Sox winning the world series... Are the planets aligning for this or what?
Faith is deciding to allow yourself to believe
something your intellect would otherwise cause
you to reject -- otherwise there's no need for faith.
dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Protoform

Post by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron »

Yea, I saw Chris Berman show the outcomes on the halftime show for Sunday night football. This seems to be a time of streaks ending i.e. Redsox winning and Pats losing. I do hope this streak doesn't end.
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

There could also be a correlation between the winning teams fans and their testosterone levels, like when you see rioting and looting after a game. This could deflate those in the Washington area, of that jolt to go and vote for Bush. The reality of the situation being that the game was decided on an instant replay challenge. Much like the 2000 vote, this one will be going to the courts.