2010 Seacons reissue a BBTS Exclusive

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
burnitall
Protoform

2010 Seacons reissue a BBTS Exclusive

Post by burnitall »

The Seacons are a BBTS exclusive in North America. Not TRU, Walmart, or Target. ???
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

DIE.

Nah, just kidding.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Spoilsport
Protoform

BBTS?

Post by Spoilsport »

Wow, BBTS must be getting huge to get a hasbro exclusive. Maybe Hasbro got tired of seeing so many reissues going on clearance at TRU and than selling for double on ebay and online stores. I bet these will sell out pretty quick, I already pre-ordered mine (just in case).
Sades

Post by Sades »

I'm assuming that they thought that the market for Seacons wouldn't be big enough to justify the costs of shipping them to stores.

I'm tempted. :up:
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
S_Windell
Protoform

Post by S_Windell »

Yeah. This is the type of item I'd guess would be a quick sellout in very limited quantities at a site known to more longtime fans, but might be a miss in less limited qualities at a more generally known dept. store. I don't think BBTS is too odd a choice for that.

I will try and get these for sure. :up:
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

S_Windell wrote:Yeah. This is the type of item I'd guess would be a quick sellout in very limited quantities at a site known to more longtime fans, but might be a miss in less limited qualities at a more generally known dept. store. I don't think BBTS is too odd a choice for that.
That makes sense to me.
Ah, hell. *sigh* I want one. preordered.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

It's very interesting that they think the production run is actually justified at this sort of quantity (though it probably helps that the moulds are clean and just sitting there). This could be a viable way forward for reissues if this is the case, and maybe even a route for less modified toys - e.g figures with firing launchers, normal smokestacks and maybe even old Triggercock himself.
Spoilsport
Protoform

Post by Spoilsport »

Cliffjumper wrote:It's very interesting that they think the production run is actually justified at this sort of quantity (though it probably helps that the moulds are clean and just sitting there). This could be a viable way forward for reissues if this is the case, and maybe even a route for less modified toys - e.g figures with firing launchers, normal smokestacks and maybe even old Triggercock himself.
Totally agree. Maybe now Hasbro is realizing that mom's shopping at TRU won't spend $59.99 on a set of reissue seacons for their 5 year old and collectors have a problem paying any price for a reissue with safety modifications meant for kids who don't want the toys anyway.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

I was tempted until I saw the picture on the listing and remembered what the toy looks like.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Good on them. It'll be nice to not have to drive back and forth through the greater tri-state area just to get to a store that then doesn't even stock its exclusivesIAMLOOKINGATYOUTOYSRUSWITHYOURARCEES.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Arcee was from LAminated, she was rubbish with her silly colours and plasticky feel. Piranacon is G1, which means realism, quality construction and names so cool they could never be reused (I don't even need to research that, it's a scientific fact). You should be honoured to drive your eighteen foot wide jeep around the desert pocked with trucker cafes and cholesterol vendors that you laughing call America looking for such a fine piece of work.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Cliffjumper wrote:Arcee was from LAminated, she was rubbish with her silly colours and plasticky feel. Piranacon is G1, which means realism, quality construction and names so cool they could never be reused (I don't even need to research that, it's a scientific fact). You should be honoured to drive your eighteen foot wide jeep around the desert pocked with trucker cafes and cholesterol vendors that you laughing call America looking for such a fine piece of work.
7/10.

I'm not in the desert.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Honestly, it's the best way of releasing them. I can't imagine TRU falling over themselves to carry such an expensive, old and low-interest toy, but if Mattel can do limited edition figures online then I'm sure Hasbro can make it viable to sell a few thousand sets of Seacons when they've already got the moulds.

Hopefully it's not just a one-off thing.
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Paying 20 dollars more kinda sucks, but not enough for me to not eventually want it.

Hope they ordered a ton.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

A couple of years ago, I would've been thrilled about this, but I've been collecting fewer and fewer figures over the past two or three years. I'm at the point where I think I have enough Transformers.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Sir Auros wrote:A couple of years ago, I would've been thrilled about this, but I've been collecting fewer and fewer figures over the past two or three years. I'm at the point where I think I have enough Transformers.
See, I think it's great that BBTS has picked this up as they're price is $60 compared to the $160+ price the Collector's Club wanted. BBTS can probably pick up more oddball reissues at comparatively low prices if this is an indicator.

I mean, don't just see the Seacons; see the possibilities.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Clay wrote:I mean, don't just see the Seacons; see the possibilities.
Is one of the possibilities Masterpiece Flywheels?
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Halfshell wrote:Is one of the possibilities Masterpiece Flywheels?
Isn't the original toy masterpiece enough???
Wreck and Rule!
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

I want a foot tall, fully articulated version. With light and sound (preferably dialogue from the character in TF3). And a free Robot Heroes version.
skywarp408
Protoform

Post by skywarp408 »

The people that bought the Holloween one for $160 thru the collectors club must be smaking thier head on the wall after this.