Dreamwave´s MTMTE official character guide, new news again...

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Osku
Protoform

Dreamwave´s MTMTE official character guide, new news again...

Post by Osku »

Article from Comicbookresources

Info spotted from Groundsplitter´s thread from NTFA.

DESTINATION… NOWHERE?

Still waiting for the "Transformers Profiles?" A series of books promised from Dreamwave, that were to feature all the different Transformer characters, with a profile for each and a new continuity timeline for them all covering millions of years?

Well.

Destination Entertainment were the company drafted to create this monumental job. It was already pushed back once when Initial orders were low, but the repackaged version was expected to do better.

I understand the project has been revamped from the bottom up. Allegations made include new and contradictory elements being introduced... apparently having a million years of continuity per introduced toy line year was a little messier than first thought. One problem was when some characters became other characters later in the toyline. Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Jazz, Grimlock, Megatron, Starscream and others were changed over the course of the line and turned into new, more modern toys. Apparently much of the work contradicted Simon Furman's Transformer new history being written in "Transformers: War Within" and the new G1 series too much - a relationship Dreamwave were more concerned about keeping when the issues came to light.

I understand entries for A through M were already done by Destination Nowhere, but it's not yet known whether or not Dreamwave will use those entries in the final product. Much of the text was junked months ago, and although some of the artwork is being redone, it's not going to be late, nor is it being reformatted again.
There will likely be more and generic information rather than the in-depth origins and anecdotes originally promised.

------

Good news. Either they´ve listened to fan feedback or noticed themselves the obvious faults in their first plan. Even so I don´t think this project will be worth my money.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

They should let me write it. My profile for Daytonus is monumetal!
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Originally posted by Quicksilver
They should let me write it. My profile for Daytonus is monumetal!
:D
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

DAYTONUS
Function: Night Fighter
Motto: “Don’t be afraid of the dark, be afraid of who it hides.”

ST-6/I-8/SP-8/E-6/R-5/C-7/F-6/SK-8

Daytonus was new to the resistance at the time of the Autobots’ last attempt to overthrow the Decepticon Triad, and after Black Convoy turned the battle, he was lucky to escape alive. Since then, he has thrived in the often underground, nocturnal activities of the resistance, and is Nova’s first choice for many steal missions.

In his alt mode, Daytonus can achieve up to 240mph, but this can often cause overheating, and he usually cruises at less than half of that. In robot mode his body emits hardly any noise, and his photon blaster is silenced, making him perfectly suited to fighting in the dark. However, Daytonus has become more dependent on a lack of light, and thus feels under-confident and insecure in the light, and becomes prone to mistakes.
Obviously the full character couldn't quite be explored in RiD:G2 #1 ;)
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Let's give a round of applause for Quicky, folks! :D
Silly Cow

Post by Silly Cow »

*sound of crickets*
Thanks D!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

They should quit on the text whilst ahead and release the art.

A profile book without the stories to back it up is worthless.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Originally posted by Stuart Denyer
They should quit on the text whilst ahead and release the art.

A profile book without the stories to back it up is worthless.

That is true