Energon?!?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Brave Maximus

Energon?!?

Post by Brave Maximus »

Has anyone heard anymore about energon?

I was floating around TF2005 and I looked at the Decepticon shown and it acutually does look Like scorponok and not a construction machine as I first thought
Dinobot

Post by Dinobot »

Can you post a pic of the Decepticon?
"Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."
Dinobot - Code Of Hero
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Viewfind

Post by Viewfind »

The Green guy still looks like RID grimlock to me.
Dinobot

Post by Dinobot »

Originally posted by Viewfind
The Green guy still looks like RID grimlock to me.
It does kinda, though he does have a scorpion tail thing going on.
"Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."
Dinobot - Code Of Hero
Viewfind

Post by Viewfind »

Originally posted by Galvatron84
It does kinda, though he does have a scorpion tail thing going on.

Maybe they did a re-mold, like with armada skywarp?
Zath
Protoform

Post by Zath »

Energon is totally new molds.
We live for the One, We die for the One, but we dont die stupid.
Viewfind

Post by Viewfind »

Originally posted by Zath
Energon is totally new molds.

Same was said about armada!

Beastwars repants anyone?
Zath
Protoform

Post by Zath »

Beast wars repaints werent planned originally... but with the popularity of Armada, they needed more stuff to add. Would have taken too long to make completely new molds, so they added the repaints.
We live for the One, We die for the One, but we dont die stupid.
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

First, all the "Repaints" are not Armada. The Combaticons, Dreadwing and Smokejumper, the Dinobots, they are all packaged similarly to Armada, but the title used for all of them is "Robots in Disguise." They already explained that they're using Armada's popularity to push repainted products, but to keep true to their word (sorta) any repaints are under the old RiD title.

Second, a tail coming from the back of that Con? Perhaps this is the Scorponok character we've heard about.
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

Originally posted by Pun-3X
First, all the "Repaints" are not Armada. The Combaticons, Dreadwing and Smokejumper, the Dinobots, they are all packaged similarly to Armada, but the title used for all of them is "Robots in Disguise." They already explained that they're using Armada's popularity to push repainted products, but to keep true to their word (sorta) any repaints are under the old RiD title.

Rhinox and Terrorsaur are BW repaints, altered to have powerlinx points. They come with repainted minicons as well, so they're definitely Armada. I'm really not pleased with that whole deal. Stick to vehicle modes, dammit!
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

I haven't seen those guys yet. Are their labels still "Armada" or is it "Robots in Disguise?"

Which would be odd if they were RiD and had powerlinx points. And Minicons.

*sigh* It's Hasbro. What can ye say.
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Originally posted by Pun-3X
I haven't seen those guys yet. Are their labels still "Armada" or is it "Robots in Disguise?"

Which would be odd if they were RiD and had powerlinx points. And Minicons.

*sigh* It's Hasbro. What can ye say.

They're listed under the Armada Checklist, unlike the 'Expanded Universe" toys
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

Interesting. I guess they assumed "it's been a year, everyone will forget that 'all new modes' trash by now."
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Back to the Scorponok thing (sorry, been away).

I thought he looked like Grimlock\Buildhuricane as well, but. If you head over to TFW2005, you'll get to see the picture bigger and then it does look like Scorpy. The things that look like shovels then look like claws, and his head looks like the originals including a faceplate.

I hope for energon they didn't get the bright idea of picking up where Rebirth left off and finishing season 4:wall:
strafe 1986
Protoform

Post by strafe 1986 »

I don't thinkit'll be a return to series four but I woul'dnt mind though if it was, season four looked like it would of been allright and since of only seen the first six episodes of headmasters I would'nt mind finding out what happened and plus we would get all reissues and I'd be able to get tm cyclonus
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Ummmmmm
season 4 in North Am is just "rebirth" and has nothing to do with Headmasters (LOL, would have been better if hasbro had of gone with headmasters instead, but I understand their reasons sorta)

LOL, then we would have gotten all those wonderfull Japanese exculsives that cost us so much.

Bah, we just have to sit and wait for Hasbro to let out some more info :wall:
strafe 1986
Protoform

Post by strafe 1986 »

I know season four was just rebirth and that headmasters had nothing to do with it but I think you misunderstood what I meant, headmasters was a end to super robot life or what ever it was called in japan nad season four(rebirth) if it had continued would more than likely ended the transformers show so what I meant to say is that haveing only seen rebirth and the first half dozen headmaster eps I never got a sense of clousure for what happened after each of these eps and would not of minded them picking it back up and finishing it
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Cool
gotcha

Actually headmasters continues on (into masterforce, Victory, Zone, Battle stars\Return of Convoy, and Operation Combination) so it has some closure.

Rebirth was purposly left vauge so that Hasbro's toys could continue with out having to put on a show.

I really wouldn't like to see it continue on with Rebirth though. Horrible story (as was most of G1). But I would like to see something to do with G1 and not just another "alternate universe" or it'll end up alot like Gundam
strafe 1986
Protoform

Post by strafe 1986 »

see I did'nt know that it continued through, masterforce,victory, zone and I had'nt even heard of the other two