[IDW] More Than Meets The Eye #1 preview!

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Grayfox
Protoform

[IDW] More Than Meets The Eye #1 preview!

Post by Grayfox »

http://ryalltime.wordpress.com/2012/01/ ... 1-preview/

Favorite line from the preview - Bumblebee to Ratchet, about Rodimus speech: "It's all scripted you know. Drift writes it for him".

Awesome.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Looks good. If the current almost total lack of listings on eBay is anything to go by, though, nobody's stocking... that and titling it "more than meets the eye" is a great way to get the book mixed up with old Dreamwave comics.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Two additional pages @ Comics Continuum.

-----

Nice.

Roberts seems to really get the characters. Though, this is a slightly new(er) take on his already great interpretation of Prowl. Looking forward to see where he goes with this.

Roche's work is highly expressive as usual (though, as to be expected, it doesn't seem to be going over as well on the big boards). Pity Milne's taking over after this, but if his work in Chaos Theory is anything to go by, I think I'll adjust.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Denyer wrote:Looks good. If the current almost total lack of listings on eBay is anything to go by, though, nobody's stocking... that and titling it "more than meets the eye" is a great way to get the book mixed up with old Dreamwave comics.
Both titles are needlessly cumbersome and easy to mix up really. Indeed, up till this thread I thought it was RID that Rocharts/Rolne was going to be behind.

I do think it's a shame they seem to be carrying on the movie influenced Don designed look to the characters. Considering it was pretty much panned right from the first issue and that I've yet to see any artist say they enjoy drawing the movie look even when working on movie comics I do have to wonder why they haven't used this relaunch to visually refresh the books.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

I'll be happy to see them settle on something consistent style wise. Dons stuff didnt look so bad... after AM started doing it though. Hope Milne doesnt go backwards with his art because I saw a cover of issue 2 with Hot rod and it looks gash. Like full-on Alex at his worst.

This is looking good so far. Streets ahead more interesting than the previous run. I do agree that the titling is terrible though for each series - More than Meets the Eye is really vague and Robots in Disguise doesnt seem apt anymore with the story moved back to cybertron.

I would have gone with Transformers:The Next Generation for the rodimus book and Transformers:Deep Space Cybertron for the other one myself. Maybe Prime could end up a million galaxies away for a third book entitled Transformers:Voyager (Prime). :p